Turn on thread page Beta

Being a virgin is something to be proud of. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Intentions)
    There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a loser.
    This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.
    Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.

I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
    What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
    There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.

edit: spelling
    Hm okay, I hate pretty much everything about your argument!!
    No, being a virgin is not being a loser. But that doesn't mean that losing virginity 'early' is 'not cool'.

You then imply that everyone that loses their virginity below the age of 20, I'm assuming, is a 'whore'. Let's look at the definition of a 'whore' shall we?

1. A prostitute.
    2. (pejorative) A person who is considered to be sexually promiscuous.

I'm sorry, where in that does it mention age at which virginity is lost? :rolleyes:
    I am not a virgin, nor would I call myself a whore; as I have only slept with 2 people, and these were both as part of long term, loving relationships.

Oh and what I hate most is your 'no sex before marriage' argument, especially considering you don't have any religious ties.
    What if someone 'saves themselves' for marriage, then has a terrible marriage, perhaps including a bad sex life, which ends in divorce?
    I myself would like to get married one day, but I'm not religious and I don't think you need to get married to justify your relationship whatsoever. Besides, first sex is generally not pretty, painful for the girl and lasts barely any time at all, so no I wouldn't say it was the 'greatest gift to the person you love'.
    Edit: I suppose my point is here that equally as you might have sex with someone outside of wedlock and later break up and be with someone else, you could just as easily marry the person that you thought was 'the one', that you 'saved yourself' for, and then divorce, so you end up being single but not being a virgin (ie, what was the point.)

No I do not think that you should 'do it just because others did', but I can't find anything wrong with two consenting partners having sex if they're ready. The law says that sex can only be consensual at age 16 plus, and it's there for a reason. The law considers teenagers to be physically and mentally mature enough to cope with sex at that age, and to be safe about it. However, you cannot marry at age 16 without parental permission, and very very few people do.
    I do think that underage sex is bad though, I think you should definitely wait until you're legal.

I think a lot of people are 'proud' to have lost their virginity because obviously it's a big step, a big part of growing up and chances are, a sign that they're in a committed relationship.

People who are equally 'uncool' are those that flaunt their virginity as a sign as how good they're being, and how well they control their desires. At the end of the day, humans are designed to reproduce sexually, and sex is a natural thing. It doesn't matter whether you have or haven't done it! Neither make you special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    No, being a virgin is not being a loser. But that doesn't mean that losing virginity 'early' is 'not cool'.

You then imply that everyone that loses their virginity below the age of 20, I'm assuming, is a 'whore'. Let's look at the definition of a 'whore' shall we?

1. A prostitute.
    2. (pejorative) A person who is considered to be sexually promiscuous.

I'm sorry, where in that does it mention age at which virginity is lost? :rolleyes:
    I am not a virgin, nor would I call myself a whore; as I have only slept with 2 people, and these were both as part of long term, loving relationships.

Oh and what I hate most is your 'no sex before marriage' argument, especially considering you don't have any religious ties.
    What if someone 'saves themselves' for marriage, then has a terrible marriage, perhaps including a bad sex life, which ends in divorce?
    I myself would like to get married one day, but I'm not religious and I don't think you need to get married to justify your relationship whatsoever. Besides, first sex is generally not pretty, painful for the girl and lasts barely any time at all, so no I wouldn't say it was the 'greatest gift to the person you love'.

No I do not think that you should 'do it just because others did', but I can't find anything wrong with two consenting partners having sex if they're ready. The law says that sex can only be consensual at age 16 plus, and it's there for a reason. The law considers teenagers to be physically and mentally mature enough to cope with sex at that age, and to be safe about it. However, you cannot marry at age 16 without parental permission, and very very few people do.
    I do think that underage sex is bad though, I think you should definitely wait until you're legal.

I think a lot of people are 'proud' to have lost their virginity because obviously it's a big step, a big part of growing up and chances are, a sign that they're in a committed relationship.

People who are equally 'uncool' are those that flaunt their virginity as a sign as how good they're being, and how well they control their desires. At the end of the day, humans are designed to reproduce sexually, and sex is a natural thing. It doesn't matter whether you have or haven't done it! Neither make you special.
    I think we could pretty much end the thread here, you pwned him so much.

ReputationRep:
    Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.

I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
    What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.

The first bolded bit made me seriously think you are just a troll.

The second bolded bit; WHY IS IT THOUGH. I can't for the life of me grasp why out of all the redeeming characteristics someone could have that could make their partners life better, VIRGINITY of all things is the 'greatest gift'. Absurd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiphopopotamus)
    I don't intend to change it now unless that guy asks me to So don't 'pressurise' me into doing so!

If someone had come on here saying 'I'm a 15 year old and I feel pressurised into shagging someone' I obviously wouldn't have quoted that. However, the guy I quoted had a very mature stance where he quite clearly stated his position, he acknowledges it is not the norm and that he doesn't care what people think of him/her. Good on them.

I saw a chance to parody some of the people on this forum and have a bit of a joke for the duration of the thread. Now you've just pissed me off and my sig, which I intended to take down after it had run its course, will now stay up due to your challenge

Incidentally, can we have a quick head count of how many people came on this forum saying they've been pressurised into sex? What was that? Practically none? Wowzer.

How many people have said it was their choice and they should do whatever the **** they want, regardless of some opinionated anal tits who get off from lecturing people over the security of the internet?

One hell of a lot.
    Okay.... There was no challenge in my post. It seemed that you were making fun of the guy for saying that he is a virgin, and that is what I think the OP was talking about, people being peer pressured into having sex when they're not ready. You can keep the sig up all you want, don't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    I hate people who are like, 'Oh my gosh I'm 20 and I haven't kissed anyone/had sex/buggered a badger' - it's like, what the hell dude?! Why on earth virginity is seen as something to be ashamed of is beyond me - be ashamed of sleeping around and losing it to someone unimportant, don't be ashamed of being a virgin for goodness' sake.

ReputationRep:
    errrrm, by implication, you are saying me and my girlfriend (of nearly a year now) should be ashamed we've had sex?

lol

get a grip buddy.

not everyone does it because of peer pressure or does it like a **** face.

find a better social group.

ReputationRep:

I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
    There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

Wtf, why would it be? It has little/no value at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiphopopotamus)
    I think we could pretty much end the thread here, you pwned him so much.
    :happy2:

ReputationRep:
    There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a loser.
    This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.

So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.

Have you ever experienced peer pressure?

ReputationRep:
    :happy2:
    HAI-FAHVE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    I hate people who are like, 'Oh my gosh I'm 20 and I haven't kissed anyone/had sex/buggered a badger' - it's like, what the hell dude?! Why on earth virginity is seen as something to be ashamed of is beyond me - be ashamed of sleeping around and losing it to someone unimportant, don't be ashamed of being a virgin for goodness' sake.
    :clap2: Listen to this girl :hat2:http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/clap.gifhttp://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/applause.gif

OP is living in 15th century.

ReputationRep:

My post clearly mentioned people being proud of the fact that they have lost their virginity. They tend to be extremely proud of this and they feel better than virgins. I used a term "whore" to describe them because I feel it is the most appropiate term to describe them.
    I said it before and I will say it again: if you are feeling that you are ready to have sex then there is nothing wrong with it (as long as yours conscience can cope - my would not) . The problem is that often people (especially teenagers) are not ready to identify this time appropiately. They think they are ready but they are not.

Remember also that just because you dont feel that virginity is a gift for your partner does not mean that everyone thinks the same. The fact that you waited for the appropiate person to have sexual relationship is a huge proof of the fact that you are ready to spend rest of the life with that person.
    On the other hand bad marriages obviously happen and nothing can be done about it. That is the way life works.
    By the way dont take it personally but did you just say two loving relationships? Well obviously one was not loving enough....

I actually liked your post - one of the few intelligent responses in this thread :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    Wtf, why would it be? It has little/no value at all.
    I actually feel sorry for you after this post.
    I know you might find it shocking but it actually has a huge value for some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisha.doshi)
    OP is living in 15th century.

/facepalm

Well I am done here for now, saying the same thing all over again gets boring.

ReputationRep:
    I know you might find it shocking but it actually has a huge value for some people.
    Lolwut?!

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:
    Why would that make you feel sorry for me?

(Original post by co_co_vogue)
    :lolwut:
    Why would that make you feel sorry for me?
    Don't worry - if anything, we should feel sorry for HER. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

even younger than less than 20?
    how?

ReputationRep:
    My post clearly mentioned people being proud of the fact that they have lost their virginity. They tend to be extremely proud of this and they feel better than virgins. I used a term "whore" to describe them because I feel it is the most appropiate term to describe them.
    I said it before and I will say it again: if you are feeling that you are ready to have sex then there is nothing wrong with it (as long as yours conscience can cope - my would not) . The problem is that often people (especially teenagers) are not ready to identify this time appropiately. They think they are ready but they are not.

Remember also that just because you dont feel that virginity is a gift for your partner does not mean that everyone thinks the same. The fact that you waited for the appropiate person to have sexual relationship is a huge proof of the fact that you are ready to spend rest of the life with that person.
    On the other hand bad marriages obviously happen and nothing can be done about it. That is the way life works.
    By the way dont take it personally but did you just say two loving relationships? Well obviously one was not loving enough....

I actually liked your post - one of the few intelligent responses in this thread :-)
    Well, I think it's up to each individual as to when they are ready or not, you cannot say that a person isn't ready just because they're under 18, or whatever. They may be as emotionally mature as a person of any age, or as intelligent.
    However, obviously it's a shame if people feel pressured. It's okay if you're a young person, as long as you do it for the right reasons.

Although this is really my business rather than yours, the first relationship lasted about a year and I thought I was in love at the time. The person in question had sex with me without my consent, I didn't want to lose my virginity so young, but there you go. The second relationship lasted 2 years and ended recently, and I am still deeply in love with him and miss him everyday. I regret sex with the first person, but most definitely not with the most recent, because he was my first true love, whether we end up together or not in the end.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.