Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being a virgin is something to be proud of. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    You sir, along with about 80% of people put far too much on virginity.
    There's no reason to be overly proud? But ashamed? Who cares?

I haven't lost mine, and I don't care, I'm not ashamed, and I wont be proud when I lose it, sex before marriage is a joke, unless I fall head over heels in love, I don't want to get married and settle down until I can support a family.

If anything it just puts more pressure on the individual, or puts pressure on people to marry, which is plain stupid. Sex is something to be enjoyed, so when I lose my V and actually start having sex, I will be neither here nor there about it.

I disagree with some things.
    Although i do agree with things to :P

ReputationRep:
    Neither being a virgin nor being a non-virgin is (usually) anything to be proud of. It's a non-issue (most of the time).

(Original post by Good Intentions)
    My post clearly mentioned people being proud of the fact that they have lost their virginity. They tend to be extremely proud of this and they feel better than virgins. I used a term "whore" to describe them because I feel it is the most appropiate term to describe them.
    You are usingterms without understanding the full implications of them.

I said it before and I will say it again: if you are feeling that you are ready to have sex then there is nothing wrong with it (as long as yours conscience can cope - my would not) . The problem is that often people (especially teenagers) are not ready to identify this time appropiately. They think they are ready but they are not.
    So what about all the people who actually WERE ready and who did NOT regret it at all? Where they just "whores", as you say - just because they had sex?! *shock shock horror horror*

Remember also that just because you dont feel that virginity is a gift for your partner does not mean that everyone thinks the same. The fact that you waited for the appropiate person to have sexual relationship is a huge proof of the fact that you are ready to spend rest of the life with that person.
    Not necessarily - people can lose their virginity to their partners regardless of commitment and not feeling the need for commitment

(Original post by Erradhadh)
    Neither being a virgin nor being a non-virgin is (usually) anything to be proud of. It's a non-issue (most of the time).
    Yeah, I don't get why people have to create this HUGE DRAMA about whether you should be proud/not-proud...etc

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com...ary-thread.jpg
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Good Intentions)
    The problem is that often people (especially teenagers) are not ready to identify this time appropiately. They think they are ready but they are not.
    Well what are indicators that this time has came? What about those of us that lost it to the first person we could just to get it out of the way and feel much better for it?

:five:

ReputationRep:
    Dammit, I forgot to sign my neg. OP, that one that you just got? That was me :yep:

Don't be a pretentious ****, you pretentious ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failed123)
    Better than being a ****. In fact, what isn't?

Yes, because everyone has sex is a ****, FACT.

********. absolute ********.

Tbh, I couldn't give two ***** if you have lost your viginity, who am I to say whether you should or not, I'm not in your head, I don't know if your ready too or not.

All I know, is that I was ready when I lost my virginity so why should people tell me that I have to be ashamed for not being married or whatever. I did it because I wanted to do it, not because someone else was telling me to, or pressured me into it and it should be the same for everyone one else, virgin or not.

i'm not really sure about whether or not beinga virgin is something to be proud of or anything, and i'm not going to waste my time thinking about it.

i'll just add that the moment i find out that a girl isn't a virgin, my attraction just dies. not sure why. though one reason i think is that it takes away any feeling that i have any form of special connection with her: she has found someone else attractive too, and shared something intimate with them. that person has clearly found her attractive. it destroys my belief that i have a unique connection with the girl. also, it is confirmation that the girl is just an animal pretty much like everyone else and takes away the feeling that she is unique/different. it also takes away my feeling that she is nice, and innocent. and there's also the increased STI risk. i'd still be friends with the girl if she was nice, but i wouldn't want anything to do with her in that way.

that also goes simply for when i like a girl, and then find that somebody else likes her too, or that she likes someone else.

there might be things above which you could argue against the sense of...i'm not saying it's all logical, it's just the way i feel.

not being a virgin makes the girl seem less interesting.

it just gives the impression that she derives pleasure from the exact same, boring things as everyone else.

and thinks in the same way as everyone else.
    (sorry about all the posts, i can't edit when anon)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah cos she's such a remarkable individual because she's 'saving herself', so unlike and so much better than everyone else who is at it like rabbits and can't contain themselves...

Edit: I was a bit harsh at the girls in my year, so that part is gone

ReputationRep:
    I agree! like i am 17 and there is time enough for all that jazz!
    Loseing it at this age? its insane for so many reasons! it shows a total lak of respect for not only your partner but yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Virginity doesn't really exist.

ReputationRep:
    white ppl these days eh?

ireailse that's one reason for being a virgin. being too self conscious/ugly etc to get sex.
    but i'm talking about a girl who i find attractive. not someone who feels she is "saving herself"...it shouldn't be an effort, "saving yourself" suggests it's an effort, to me. i want someone who simply does't want anyone else apart from me. i want a special girl and a special connection, or atleast the illusion that i have these things. if they aren't a virgin, the illusion/possibility is killed.

There's nothing to be proud of or ashamed of. :dontknow: By you saying that, OP, you're focusing as much attention on sex just as much as the "virgins desperate to lose their virginity"

If a couple have been together for a few years but are below the age of 20, are you going to slate them for it?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    ireailse that's one reason for being a virgin. being too self conscious/ugly etc to get sex.
    but i'm talking about a girl who i find attractive. not someone who feels she is "saving herself"...it shouldn't be an effort, "saving yourself" suggests it's an effort, to me. i want someone who simply does't want anyone else apart from me. i want a special girl and a special connection, or atleast the illusion that i have these things. if they aren't a virgin, the illusion/possibility is killed.
    So you want to be tricked into a false sense of security?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.