The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TBH i'm pretty sure you just can't get any.
i think whether someone is fat or not is much more important than their virginity.
Good Intentions
There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a loser.
This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.
Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.

I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.

edit: spelling

EMck
I agree! like i am 17 and there is time enough for all that jazz!
Loseing it at this age? its insane for so many reasons! it shows a total lak of respect for not only your partner but yourself!

Right..."I don't respect you, so I'm going to make love to you.' :rolleyes:
Wow, preach much? When did it become any of your business who had sex when? If people want to have sex then they will, so get a life of your own rather than dictating what other people should and shouldn't be doing. Also, nobody should be 'ashamed' of having sex - what a very childish attitude to take.
Good Intentions
My post clearly mentioned people being proud of the fact that they have lost their virginity. They tend to be extremely proud of this and they feel better than virgins. I used a term "whore" to describe them because I feel it is the most appropiate term to describe them.
I said it before and I will say it again: if you are feeling that you are ready to have sex then there is nothing wrong with it (as long as yours conscience can cope - my would not) . The problem is that often people (especially teenagers) are not ready to identify this time appropiately. They think they are ready but they are not.

Remember also that just because you dont feel that virginity is a gift for your partner does not mean that everyone thinks the same. The fact that you waited for the appropiate person to have sexual relationship is a huge proof of the fact that you are ready to spend rest of the life with that person.

On the other hand bad marriages obviously happen and nothing can be done about it. That is the way life works.
By the way dont take it personally but did you just say two loving relationships? Well obviously one was not loving enough....

I actually liked your post - one of the few intelligent responses in this thread :-)

How the **** do you, as an outside observer with zero personal experience and a lot of prejudice, think you know better than individuals themselves whether they are ready for sex?

Remember that just because you see virginity as a "gift" doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same way. I don't feel I "gave up" anything to my first partner because I wanted to have sex too. It wasn't some kind of sacrifice. I'm not fundementally changed it was just an activity I hadn't experienced and know I have. If I wanted to (I don't at all) I could move to a different place and tell everyone I was a virgin and start preaching like you do and nobody could tell any different, because virgin is just a label you give yourself/other people, it isn't a real concrete thing.
Reply 166
Cloud Shine
Wow, preach much? When did it become any of your business who had sex when? If people want to have sex then they will, so get a life of your own rather than dictating what other people should and shouldn't be doing. Also, nobody should be 'ashamed' of having sex - what a very childish attitude to take.

:smile:
virgin is just a word to me, it doesn't mean anything to me on a personal front.
Cloud Shine
If people want to have sex then they will, so get a life of your own rather than dictating what other people should and shouldn't be doing. Also, nobody should be 'ashamed' of having sex.

This is such a contradictory post i might actually put it in my sig
Good Intentions
There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a loser.
This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.
Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.

I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.

Well as someone who isn't proud of their virginity (hence me being anonymous), I don't agree with what you are saying. We are no different from animals, we are nothing special as a species. Sex is a natural thing and it is natural to want it. I think that although it might seem nice to imagine being with only one person, and after marriage, it doesn't seem natural, and is highly unlikely to happen these days (Which I think is a good thing).

It is in our nature to conform, and not to be seen as different from others, so by being embarrassed or unhappy with being a virgin is natural. I'm not saying that if you are proud of it then that's bad because it's not, but you can't help how you feel about things. If we could do that, then nobody would give a f*** what others think of them.

At the end of the day people will think and do as they wish. And sexual desire should just be embraced rather than controlled IMO.
Reply 170
Since when did having sex before 20 make people slags?
Good Intentions

too many assumptions here. not everbody that looses their virginity before their 20 or have sex before marriage, etc is a whore with no values. a very harsh generalisation to make

my eyes are perfectly open thanks.

whilst i dont like the idea of random one night stands i dont condone those that do. its there life, they choice not mine.

i did not do it just because others did, we'd been going out for a while, loved eachother and it felt right. been together 2 years now. but even if we did break up i would not regret it because if felt right at the time and the next morning i didnt want to hide away in shame (but according to you i should).

stop looking down your nose at people and just live and let live
I got a neg rep from this thread saying this:

I think the non virgins are feeling bad because they now jealous of virgins
they probably got there yeast infections!
So a message to all the non virgins who are hating in this thread:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

[I think I shall recieve even more neg rep for that comment]
meh, OP let's be honest, if you had beyonce or whatever hot women open her legs in front of you, you'll dive in or just blow your load right there
magiichands
I got a neg rep from this thread saying this:

I think the non virgins are feeling bad because they now jealous of virgins
they probably got there yeast infections!
So a message to all the non virgins who are hating in this thread:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

[I think I shall recieve even more neg rep for that comment]

Your sig is pathetic.
Do you also wish car crashes on people who drive, and adverse side affects on people who use medication?
and why do people think that they've "lost" something by having sex....?
Reply 176
i like tea

Good point. It makes it sound like being a virgin is better than having sex
Haha, OP the only people who say that sort of stuff are virgins. Sex is great, if you could actually get some, then I think you would completely change your view on the matter.
Reply 178
How can you be younger than 'less than 20 years old'??
i like tea

Because they have. They've lost their innocence and their ticket to heaven. They're now slags and will go to hell because what they did was morally abhorrent. DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO THE OP? :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending