Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So today I was in the car with my dad and this boy racer pulled up next to us at a red light in a Nissan Micra with blacked out windows, ne-on stickers all over it, a huge spoiler, and one of them daft loud exhausts:confused: . So he sat there and all the time the lights where on red he was revving the knackers of that shed , when the lights turned to green he tried to overtake us as well (illegal since it was a single lane road), unfortunately for him we where in a Audi TT (not sports car of the year il admit) but still compared to a Nissan Micra he should have known he would have no chance:cool: .

Also im 17 in a few weeks and want to learn to drive, I can afford a car but not the insurance, I think the reason the insurance is so high is because of total twits like the Nissan Micra lad giving the rest of us young people a bad reputation when it comes to drivers:mad: .

What do you think of boy racers?

ReputationRep:
    Boy racers just make me think:

Chavs
    Swearing
    Smoking
    Fights
    **** cars
    Meetings at McDonalds at midnight

Just all the things I hate about people. I agree, blame them for the high insurance!

Can you afford to pay insurance monthly? Or Have a parent own and insure the car and then add you as a named driver?

ReputationRep:
    piss me off. i laugh when i see their bangers

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I don't appreciate being tarred by the same brush. I know insurance companies have to do it some way or another, but it gets on my tits a little.

ReputationRep:
    They reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally annoy me!

I don't care that your crappy little Saxo has an exhaust the size of Canary Wharf and that your spoiler could send you off course. Neither do I care about your tinted windows. I'm glad that I cannot see your face as you probably look like a bull dog chewing glass which has fallen out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. I blame you all for making car insurance high

[/rant]

However, one stalled right next to me last week. I was hysterical xD

ReputationRep:
    Actually the thing that gets me most annoyed is the horrid loud exhausts, to be honest I don’t give a **** what their cars look like but I don’t want to here the stupid exhaust.

Boy racers seem to think that by adding a stupid sounding loud exhaust to your shed makes it go faster? Therefore driving like utter idiots.

While in fact most other cars on the road (with sensible drivers) could probably beat you hands down if they wanted.

ReputationRep:
    I have a micra, I jus passed today but my parents wont pay 900 insurance for it. All thanks to the fools you describe causing such high insurance rates.

ReputationRep:
    Spoilers. Clue's in the name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielNewton)
    Actually the thing that gets me most annoyed is the horrid loud exhausts, to be honest I don’t give a **** what their cars look like but I don’t want to here the stupid exhaust.
    :rolleyes:

but yeah boy racers are pretty ****ing rubbish excuses for human beings.

ReputationRep:
    So today I was in the car with my dad and this boy racer pulled up next to us at a red light in a Nissan Micra with blacked out windows, ne-on stickers all over it, a huge spoiler, and one of them daft loud exhausts:confused: . So he sat there and all the time the lights where on red he was revving the knackers of that shed , when the lights turned to green he tried to overtake us as well (illegal since it was a single lane road), unfortunately for him we where in a Audi TT (not sports car of the year il admit) but still compared to a Nissan Micra he should have known he would have no chance:cool: .

Also im 17 in a few weeks and want to learn to drive, I can afford a car but not the insurance, I think the reason the insurance is so high is because of total twits like the Nissan Micra lad giving the rest of us young people a bad reputation when it comes to drivers:mad: .

cool guys

anyway, I don't care. Its how they have fun - so what?

ReputationRep:
    Boy Racers are nothing compared to those groups of bloody idiots on their mopeds. Sounding like an angry mob of killer hairdryers, haha.
    They look so smug, and yet have no reason to feel so. They look ridiculous. The chav equivalent of a tandem bike.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler in my sig...

eeps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Spoiler in my sig...

eeps
    Thats a nyc whipp you got there lol

ReputationRep:
    Ooops. My cars got a spoiler and yes, I meet at a burger king car park once a month, meets called 'no rice'. Which evidently means 'no Jap' cars basically. I own a Toyota Starlet Turbo - Proud owner too. Even if it is classed as a 'boy racer' by the wide variety of the ignoramus out there. I couldn't care less, it's young, vivacious and attractive.

ReputationRep:

I am in exactly the same situation as you and boy racers annoy the living daylights out of me. Also, as a result - I cannot afford the insurance (I may have to stick to a 125CC bike as a result). I must admit though - your story makes me laugh as my Mother hates boy racers with a passion and they often do the same thing to her. Only problem is, she knows what her car can do (Toyota Avensis - 1.8L 16v VVT-I petrol) and often - when they try to undertake her - she just whizzes past them (lol - I can't even say in a cloud of smoke as she has the decency to maintain her exhaust properly).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeelAhmad)
    Ooops. My cars got a spoiler and yes, I meet at a burger king car park once a month, meets called 'no rice'. Which evidently means 'no Jap' cars basically. I own a Toyota Starlet Turbo - Proud owner too. Even if it is classed as a 'boy racer' by the wide variety of the ignoramus out there. I couldn't care less, it's young, vivacious and attractive.
    Yeah - only problem is though you tarnish the rest of our names! Fair enough, you enjoy motoring but can't you do that off road (e.g dis-used field) so that people won't have those negative associations!!

EDIT: And I would gamble that a lot of Jap cars would have the potential to kick yours into the ground! I'm sure that Toyota Avensis I talked about could give your vehicles a good run for their cash.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they can be annoying and yes they are part of the reasons that insurance rates are high but you can't forget a lot of high insurances is due to alcohol and underage drinking and other chemicals of such nature both legal and illegal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Yeah - only problem is though you tarnish the rest of our names! Fair enough, you enjoy motoring but can't you do that off road (e.g dis-used field) so that people won't have those negative associations!!

EDIT: And I would gamble that a lot of Jap cars would have the potential to kick yours into the ground! I'm sure that Toyota Avensis I talked about could give your vehicles a good run for their cash.
    A. I don't drive what I would call a typical boy racer car, it's more of an expensive hobby/interest. I enthusuastically drive my car, with great passion too. No it's not a Corsa, Nova, Saxo etc. Like I said, it's more de luxe. Great Japanese import.

B.Power to weight ratio my Glanza V turbo would shock you. In comparrison an Avensis is something that would disapear in the rear view mirror. Not being brisk, but my car is a true pocket rocket.

C.A chav couldn't afford yet insure a Jap import. Sorry but they just couldn't. Hence why they own what they evidently do.

ReputationRep:
    I rate them just below pond-life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeelAhmad)
    A. I don't drive what I would call a typical boy racer car, it's more of an expensive hobby/interest. I enthusuastically drive my car, with great passion too. No it's not a Corsa, Nova, Saxo etc. Like I said, it's more de luxe. Great Japanese import.

B.Power to weight ratio my Glanza V turbo would shock you. In comparrison an Avensis is something that would disapear in the rear view mirror. Not being brisk, but my car is a true pocket rocket.

C.A chav couldn't afford yet insure a Jap import. Sorry but they just couldn't. Hence why they own what they evidently do.
    Then the Avensis would crash into you and you and your puny car would die and the Avensis would stroll away laughing at your mangled remains.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.