Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    When I was 17 I had a 1.8 02 Focus. I'm now 20. I have the same Focus, a 1966 Mk1 Mini which is worth more than your Corsa and dosnt even have an engine.

My other "trashy" 1999 Mini Cooper Sport would simply rape your car down the average country road - and gets alot more respect doing so.

Some people have style mate. Minis and MGBs for example.

Btw, you would be GUTTED if I told you my Mk1 insurance is £58 a year including track day cover...wouldnt you?
    1. I would not been seen driving a Mini Cooper 1966 or 1999 if you payed me lol and tbh, well done on stating the obvious, although I have no idea why you sound so proud of a Mini Cooper Sport being able to rape a standard Corsa which has no engine mods at all, shame you cant say your Mini will rape REAL cars.

2. Minis and MGBs, hmm I would not call that style. Your just dome old car enthuisast with your head stuck up your own arse you fail to realise that these cars have absoloutly no style compared to most cars.

3. I am not gutted, I couldnt care less if your insurance was 99p, I would not want to drive such a **** horrible looking car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    1. I would not been seen driving a Mini Cooper 1966 or 1999 if you payed me lol and tbh, well done on stating the obvious, although I have no idea why you sound so proud of a Mini Cooper Sport being able to rape a standard Corsa which has no engine mods at all, shame you cant say your Mini will rape REAL cars.

2. Minis and MGBs, hmm I would not call that style. Your just dome old car enthuisast with your head stuck up your own arse you fail to realise that these cars have absoloutly no style compared to most cars.

3. I am not gutted, I couldnt care less if your insurance was 99p, I would not want to drive such a **** horrible looking car.
    Oh no, you've done it now. You've actually all out insulted decent looking cars and classic car lovers everywhere. Absolutely no style? I take it you don't like old Citroens like the DS and CX then, no? The DS was one of the most technologically advanced cars of all time. You are the one with no taste nor style. I think you'll find the people who think a Corsa is a good looking car will be far, far in the minority compared to people who think a Mini is a good looking car.

ReputationRep:
    :jerry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)

LOL!
    OK buddy... you're 'apparently' the expert.

Come back and try again when you've got a real car as opposed to a little econo-box for mummys to go shopping in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)

Shall we have a poll to back that up?

My car looks better than yours, handles better than yours, sounds better and has more respect from people all over the world.

p.s. MGBs are also fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    Oh no, you've done it now. You've actually all out insulted decent looking cars and classic car lovers everywhere. Absolutely no style? I take it you don't like old Citroens like the DS and CX then, no? The DS was one of the most technologically advanced cars of all time. You are the one with no taste nor style. I think you'll find the people who think a Corsa is a good looking car will be far, far in the minority compared to people who think a Mini is a good looking car.

(Original post by JC.)
    LOL!

Come back and try again when you've got a real car as opposed to a little econo-box for mummys to go shopping in.
    It's true though, all you classic car lovers have absoloutly no style and are usually in general boring *******s.

I don't really give a **** nor do most people if the DS was one of the most technologically advanced cars of all time, IT'S NOT NOW. Your both stuck up your own arses so much and your both so indulged in classic old cars that you believe they are STILL better/more classy than the top cars in todays times.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    LOL!

Your car is hardly a real car in todays times lol. Hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    It's true though, all you classic car lovers have absoloutly no style and are usually in general boring *******s.

I don't really give a **** nor do most people if the DS was one of the most technologically advanced cars of all time, IT'S NOT NOW. Your both stuck up your own arses so much and your both so indulged in classic old cars that you believe they are STILL better/more classy than the top cars in todays times.

:rolleyes:
    Thats because....they are better and more classy than the top cars in todays times.

Your sweaty little Corsa wouldnt be on the road if it wasnt for the technology out of REAL cars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    Thats because....they are better and more classy than the top cars in todays times.

Your sweaty little Corsa wouldnt be on the road if it wasnt for the technology out of REAL cars.
    Ahh man whatever, people up their own arses will never be told.

You carry on driving your old pile of **** and i'll carry on driving my Corsa which I have no intentions are making it faster than standard, I shall wait untill i can afford a REAL car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)

Fact or your opinion? :rolleyes: As this is not a dedicated classic car forum your not going to get the appreciation that you have for them. I can kind of see where your comming from but at the end of the day its different horses for different courses... or something to that effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)

I believe the torsion bar rear suspension was pioneered in the Mini, was it not? One of the first, at any rate. The very same suspension that Mr ADotC will have in the back of his Corsa :p:

The DS has different diameter and width tyres front and rear to accommodate for the fact that it was front wheel drive and to make it handle more like a RWD car. Now tell me that you get that kind of thought and design put into any car nowadays that's not a supercar. The DS also had headlamps that 'steered' to look around corners. In the 60s. They are only just becoming common place now, more than 40 years on.

Old cars and classics are far more fun to own and drive than a new eurobox will ever be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)

You carry on driving your old pile of **** and i'll carry on driving my Corsa which I have no intentions are making it faster than standard, I shall wait untill i can afford a REAL car.

I won't be told a load of crap no.

(Original post by ADotC)

I'm 17 and have a modified Corsa C 1.8 SRi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0v0s)
    Fact or your opinion? :rolleyes: As this is not a dedicated classic car forum your not going to get the appreciation that you have for them. I can kind of see where your comming from but at the end of the day its different horses for different courses... or something to that effect.
    I'm not for a second saying that everyone loves classics. But this little twerp needs telling. And it seems anyone with any knowledge on this forum has respect for the older cars. I refer you to the post under yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    Your car is hardly a real car in todays times lol. Hypocrite.
    LMAO! If you say so.

Its a damn sight better looking, better built, nicer to drive and a heck of a lot quicker than yours, sunshine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    You're looking very black today, Mr Kettle.

(Original post by ADotC)
    Funny... you were boasting how you'd done "20 modifications to it" and how marvelous it was.
    Contradictory, much?

You're a troll. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    I'm not for a second saying that everyone loves classics. But this little twerp needs telling. And it seems anyone with any knowledge on this forum has respect for the older cars. I refer you to the post under yours.

For me, it has to be the 205 gti; a car that truly has to be respected - non of the ******** driver aids thats thrown in today's cars. Ok its not the same era as the DS and the like but its something i've grown up around and is an iconic hot hatch classic. Same with XR3i's etc i.e the late 80's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    You're looking very black today, Mr Kettle.

Funny... you were boasting how you'd done "20 modifications to it" and how marvelous it was.
    Contradictory, much?

You're a troll. Fact.
    lol I picked up on the modifications thing as well. I quoted both parts in my above post but he has yet to get back to me with an explanation of

a) why he has said two opposite statements
    b) what modifications I wouldnt have heard of (being the en educated idiot I am).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0v0s)
    For me, it has to be the 205 gti; a car that truly has to be respected - non of the ******** driver aids thats thrown in today's cars. Ok its not the same era as the DS and the like but its something i've grown up around and is an iconic hot hatch classic. Same with XR3i's etc i.e the late 80's.
    Couldnt agree more.

The 205GTi - one of the best handling cars of all time. Looks gorgeous.

Can't beat a decent old American muscle car or perhaps some of the old Cosworths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0v0s)
    Oh god yeah, 80's and 90's cars are definitely worth mentioning too. Audi Quattro A2, 350BHP from a straight 5 through 4WD. Ford Sierra Cosworth hardly needs mentioning, the Ford Capri is just too damn sexy, and the Lancia Delta Intergrale that could (I think I heard somewhere) could do 0-60 in under 2 seconds on gravel (EDIT thought this looked a bit suspect and I think it's nearer 5.5 seconds. Need to watch back all the Dave rally specials as that's where I thought I heard the 2 second bit. Hmmm). Group B rally was banned after only a few years because the cars were so fast and powerful that they just killed drivers no questions asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butthead7)
    they are retarded idiots who i feel sorry for. they dont realise that one day they're gonna make a mistake crash into a car and kill someone, but of course they dont really give a fcuk
    This..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.