Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    Oh god yeah, 80's and 90's cars are definitely worth mentioning too. Audi Quattro A2, 350BHP from a straight 5 through 4WD. Ford Sierra Cosworth hardly needs mentioning, the Ford Capri is just too damn sexy, and the Lancia Delta Intergrale that could (I think I heard somewhere) could do 0-60 in under 2 seconds on gravel (EDIT thought this looked a bit suspect and I think it's nearer 5.5 seconds. Need to watch back all the Dave rally specials as that's where I thought I heard the 2 second bit. Hmmm). Group B rally was banned after only a few years because the cars were so fast and powerful that they just killed drivers no questions asked.

Haha! What would we do without Dave?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    I won't be told a load of crap no.
    Visual modifications idiot, as you can see on the picture I posted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    You're looking very black today, Mr Kettle.

Funny... you were boasting how you'd done "20 modifications to it" and how marvelous it was.
    Contradictory, much?

You're a troll. Fact.

At what point was I "boasting"? It was an example wich directly was related to this thread, which is about people modding their corsas saxos etc being chavs/boy racers. I was saying I have over 20 modifications yet I am not a chav/boyracer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    Visual modifications idiot, as you can see on the picture I posted.
    Visual stuff is hardly 'modification'. More like general tweaking. Having significant parts of your engine occupying your garage for days at a time is modification. Not sticking some tinting film to your windows and throwing some crappy alloys on.

ReputationRep:
    Visual stuff is hardly 'modification'. More like general tweaking. Having significant parts of your engine occupying your garage for days at a time is modification. Not sticking some tinting film to your windows and throwing some crappy alloys on.

Standard issue rims on the sri, refurbed in diff colour. Most mods appear tweaked OEM; smoked facelifts, irmscher grill yardy yardy... tbf the stealth theme works well. Not the usual barry boy bull sheeeet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    At what point was I "boasting"? It was an example wich directly was related to this thread, which is about people modding their corsas saxos etc being chavs/boy racers. I was saying I have over 20 modifications yet I am not a chav/boyracer.
    You were also claiming the rest of us were "uneducated idiots".

How many engines have you built exactly??? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They are still classed as modifications though. That's what this whole thread is ******* based on "Nissan Micra with blacked out windows, ne-on stickers all over it, a huge spoiler" "and that your spoiler could send you off course".

The general point the thread maker was trying to get across was that people who visually modify their cars are chavs.

I think you should gtfo this thread with your rubbsih talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)

That was directed at the usuall idots who know nothing about cars, that just go around saying "oh he has a loud exhaust, CHAV!" etc.

I don't know everything about cars, but at least I don't go around calling everybody whop has a modified car a chav, because I actually have an idea unlike most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)

I haven't rebuilt any engines (although, this probably shows through in my posts)

Actually no, that's a lie. I've rebuilt a couple of 50cc motorbike engines for friends and a 3.5cc (yes, you heard that right, 3.5cc) Nitro model car engine. The plus sides of rebuilding a 3.5, although fiddly, are that you can do it in a tray on the kitchen table in the warm and dry :p:. The main issue is that my parents don't want me stripping down what is effectively our second car that we need during the week. I need a donor engine to play with methinks.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta feel sorry for those chavs on their boxed shaped Ford Fiesta's and Renault Clio's hahaha. I was waiting on a red light and this group of chavs next to me had the ugliest looking car, by that I mean hatchbacks which had way too much bodywork done like on max power magazines. They modded so much on the outside and non on the performance just by the sound of the car.

Anyway, he kept revving and taunting me to race at the lights.... so I went for it lol, I had my dads Honda Civic Type R (new shape), lights went green put my foot down I looked back on the rear view mirror because I couldn't see him on either side, there I was looking at the mirror seeing a plastic boxed shape Ford Fiesta with heavy smoke coming out the bonnet because the engine blew up hahaahahahahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't rebuilt any engines (although, this probably shows through in my posts)

Actually no, that's a lie. I've rebuilt a couple of 50cc motorbike engines for friends and a 3.5cc (yes, you heard that right, 3.5cc) Nitro model car engine. The plus sides of rebuilding a 3.5, although fiddly, are that you can do it in a tray on the kitchen table in the warm and dry :p:. The main issue is that my parents don't want me stripping down what is effectively our second car that we need during the week. I need a donor engine to play with methinks.
    You can do quite a lot indoors.
    When my previous house-animal (refuse to use the word house mate to describe her) wasn't around, I spent a couple of nights lapping in valves on a pair of rover V8 heads infront of the fire.

I also rebuilt a pair of SU carbs on the dining room table. Althoguh, I got rumbled on that one - she smelled petrol in the house for about 2 days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    That was directed at the usuall idots who know nothing about cars, that just go around saying "oh he has a loud exhaust, CHAV!" etc.

I don't know everything about cars, but at least I don't go around calling everybody whop has a modified car a chav, because I actually have an idea unlike most people.
    Oh my you call those modifications. Jesus.

I was thinking more in the sense JC is when it comes to modifications. My Mk1 for example. When its complete it will be over 150bhp with its 1430cc webber A-series engine with a straight cut gear box with a limited slip differential. The 4 pot caliper brakes and its Koni air suspension on 10 inch wheels are what I would call modifications.

No one cares about back boxes, pretty coloured hoses in your engine bay. People who do are the chavs.

I'm interested to hear your 20 modifications? Although you now say they are minor I am still intrigued.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I had my V8GT on the road the modifications list that I had to fill out and post back to the insurance co' was almost 3 pages long...

ReputationRep:
    i wish i was a mod, just so i could ban just about everyone who posted in the last few pages of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Last time I had my V8GT on the road the modifications list that I had to fill out and post back to the insurance co' was almost 3 pages long...
    lol I'm not looking forward to that bit.

I had a hard enough time trying to convince the DVLA it was close enough to the original car to retain its original registration...I'm not losing that its tax free!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    Oh my you call those modifications. Jesus.

I was thinking more in the sense JC is when it comes to modifications. My Mk1 for example. When its complete it will be over 150bhp with its 1430cc webber A-series engine with a straight cut gear box with a limited slip differential. The 4 pot caliper brakes and its Koni air suspension on 10 inch wheels are what I would call modifications.

No one cares about back boxes, pretty coloured hoses in your engine bay. People who do are the chavs.

I'm interested to hear your 20 modifications? Although you now say they are minor I am still intrigued.
    Full Colour Code
    Colour Coded Cupra R Splitter
    Irmscher Front Aluminium Strip Grille
    Custom Smoked Headlights With 8000k HID Kit
    Smoked Side Repeators
    GM Flatblade Wipers
    Semi Smooth Boot
    Honda Civic Type-R Roof Ariel
    SXi+ Half leather interior throughout
    Tigra styling to centre console
    Irmscher steering wheel
    Centre console repainted in star silver 3 (Gloss)
    Tinted interior 3-way light
    Refurbed black alloys
    Yokohama tyres
    De-badged
    Black hazard switch
    Blue backlit dash conversion
    Delocked drivers door handle
    Irmy sideskirts
    Sony HU with AUX in, remote control and steering wheel controls
    Infinity 16.5 cm components and 6x9's to the rear

And much more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    Full Colour Code
    Colour Coded Cupra R Splitter --- WOAH F1 cars have those!
    Irmscher Front Aluminium Strip Grille
    Custom Smoked Headlights With 8000k HID Kit ----
    Smoked Side Repeators --- was this an accident or did you buy these to voluntarily put on your car?
    GM Flatblade Wipers --- Did the DVLA need notification of such an extremem modification?
    Semi Smooth Boot ---- Did the original have bumps in?
    Honda Civic Type-R Roof Ariel ---- steady, bit technical for me
    SXi+ Half leather interior throughout ---- Why half?
    Tigra styling to centre console ---- like what?
    Irmscher steering wheel ---- Steering wheels are useful
    Centre console repainted in star silver 3 (Gloss) --- Dulux gloss paint by any chance?
    Tinted interior 3-way light ---- just wow
    Refurbed black alloys --- did they run out of the right colour?
    Yokohama tyres --- one good replacement...not a modification....
    De-badged --- probably cause less embarrassment
    Black hazard switch ----- lol
    Blue backlit dash conversion ---- Why not black like the rest of the car. I hear its good in the dark.
    Delocked drivers door handle
    Irmy sideskirts
    Sony HU with AUX in, remote control and steering wheel controls --- remote control? Why?
    Infinity 16.5 cm components and 6x9's to the rear

And much more

Thats made my day. I can't be bothered to go through the rest. Pure comedy.

I'm sorry but all of the above = chav.

p.s. your 150bhp is at the flywheel. Don't for a second think your getting that touching the road.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. The replies on the last few pages, epic, totally.

Don't know where some of you guys obtain your statistics, I can smel it from here.

To the Mini / MG debate - I'd go for the Mini any day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    Thats made my day. I can't be bothered to go through the majority. Pure comedy.

You absoloute failure of a human being. I can't even comprehend how much of a sad, strange person you are.

Im a chav because you said so, I guesss that makes sense :rolleyes:

At least I'm not a dull, boring idiot who masterbates over rubbish old cars and meets with 50 somthing year old classic car enthusiats for a tea party. Carry on driving your Mr Bean car, it's more classy than todays top cars of course. Deluded idiot.

Get your head, out of your ******* arse mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    Thats made my day. I can't be bothered to go through the rest. Pure comedy.

p.s. your 150bhp is at the flywheel. Don't for a second think your getting that touching the road.
    And I'm wondering why he only delocked the drivers door....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.