(Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Boy racers just make me think:

Chavs
    Swearing
    Smoking
    Fights
    **** cars
    Meetings at McDonalds at midnight

Just all the things I hate about people. I agree, blame them for the high insurance!

Can you afford to pay insurance monthly? Or Have a parent own and insure the car and then add you as a named driver?
    hahaha, at my local mcdonalds loads of boy racers meet up late at night. One night, after me and my gf stopped off for a couple of big macs, one followed us out of the car park and almost ran me off the road... over taking me going ROUND A CORNER!! What a ****.

p.s heres a list of their cars: Clio, Saxo, Micra and Corsas... the usual ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gloy1)
    hahaha, at my local mcdonalds loads of boy racers meet up late at night. One night, after me and my gf stopped off for a couple of big macs, one followed us out of the car park and almost ran me off the road... over taking me going ROUND A CORNER!! What a ****.

Must be wrong with that list at the bottom because if theres ONE thing we've established its that Corsas are NOT driven by chavs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    I believe the torsion bar rear suspension was pioneered in the Mini, was it not? One of the first, at any rate. The very same suspension that Mr ADotC will have in the back of his Corsa :p:
    For what it's worth, torsion bar rear suspension was being used long before the mini... it was in 1930s Beetles for a start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tofufi)
    For what it's worth, torsion bar rear suspension was being used long before the mini... it was in 1930s Beetles for a start
    Dammit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gloy1)

Actually yeh that's another typical thing they do, drive like dicks!!

And you are sooo right abut the cars, I might argue about the micras though... aren't they a bit too **** for racers?

I knew a guy once, and you know how there are clio sports... well he bought a normal clio and the sport badge!!! Then put the badge on the wrong side of the car :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I love this thread. It makes me happy.

Thanks for the rep JC, I now have THREE gems!

I was having a conversation with a mate of mine the other day about our ideal 5-car garage, and neither of us could name one car where we wouldn't want the classic equivilant. For example, my modern garage would be as follows...

Jaguar XKR (old model)
    Range Rover Sport
    Lotus Elise
    Jaguar XJR (old model)
    Transit for hauling music equipment around

Though I would much, much, much rather have the following list, at maybe half the cost, if not less:

Jaguar E-Type Coupe
    Land Rover Series IIa
    MGB V8
    Daimler Double Six
    Transit Mk.1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porscha!)
    Boy racers? Hmmm I think the "boy" sums them up not man enough for a real car!

As for little chav cars, while I'd love to say something I feel I can't driving a gold, body kitted car. At least it drives the right wheels.

Only ... mine came chavved from factory -

80's cars = too cool for skool ... Corsas = made for little boys still at school.

Porscha
    Are you on pistonheads by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    I believe she is, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Not wanting to start an argument or anything but i'm not sure i agree with everything being said here.
    Sure there are 17 year olds flying around in body kitted cars making themselves look like idiots and giving others a bad name. On the other hand there are a similar number of 17 year olds in normal non modified cars that drive in exactly the same manner.
    Whereas there are people with body kitted cars, alloys, bigger exhausts etc who don't do it to wind people up, that don't race around through town centres at night. They do it because they want to have a nice car, something to be proud of.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    For example that is my car, but i dont race around in the middle of the night, i dont overtake for the sake of it but instead drive around sensibly and at speed limits because i'd like to keep driving it and not look at it standing on my drive with no licence to drive it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pleyer)
    Not wanting to start an argument or anything but i'm not sure i agree with everything being said here.
    Sure there are 17 year olds flying around in body kitted cars making themselves look like idiots and giving others a bad name. On the other hand there are a similar number of 17 year olds in normal non modified cars that drive in exactly the same manner.
    Whereas there are people with body kitted cars, alloys, bigger exhausts etc who don't do it to wind people up, that don't race around through town centres at night. They do it because they want to have a nice car, something to be proud of.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    For example that is my car, but i dont race around in the middle of the night, i dont overtake for the sake of it but instead drive around sensibly and at speed limits because i'd like to keep driving it and not look at it standing on my drive with no licence to drive it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    Why have you posted a pic of the driver under his car? Surely he should be super imposed into the pic itself with him standing proudly next to his pride and corsa (they bring me no job you see)... Not ****ging it off, i just don't personally like them!

ReputationRep:
    Billy / Benjy - yes I'm an active member of PH in the Midlands section, one of the old skool PH lot

ReputationRep:
    Why the stereotype? I know more people that have standard cars that drive around like loonies and as a result i won't get in their cars. But obviously because i have a modified car i must be a boy racer and a chav and try to drive around everywhere as fast as physically possible.
    This really isn't the case and i am not the only one either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pleyer)
    Why the stereotype? I know more people that have standard cars that drive around like loonies and as a result i won't get in their cars. But obviously because i have a modified car i must be a boy racer and a chav and try to drive around everywhere as fast as physically possible.
    This really isn't the case and i am not the only one either.
    You sounding more and more convincing with every post :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Theres just some general miserable sods around in todays society that's all.

When I'm your age and actually have the money, I will be driving somthing far superior to all you classic car enthuisasts.

/Fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    You sounding more and more convincing with every post :yes:

Also, I actually think you are the chav, look at those halfrauds alloys and yellow painted break calipers on your car, lmao!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)

When I'm your age and actually have the money, I will be driving somthing far superior to all you classic car enthuisasts.

/Fact.
    You do realise the average age on TSR is like 21 right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    Also, I actually think you are the chav, look at those halfrauds alloys and yellow painted break calipers on your car, lmao!

Fail noob is fail? :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)

/Fact.

What? A Nova GSI? lol...

Try having a look through this thread somewhere and read up on just a couple of my cars! Not to mention my bikes!

I thank you

Lets face it, you ain't Ronaldo (although he is also a prize pr*ck) and you ain't going to be tonking around in an Aston Martin DBS when you're my age either so don't give people on here your psychic crap about what you WILL be driving around in when you're a bit older because for all we know you could get hit by a bus tomorrow and end up driving f*ck all!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.