Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Urgh idiots. They need to take a look at themselves. I just want to shout 'Your in a fricking peugot, sort your life out!'

If they had a car with any sort of speed and style then yeah go shooting off down the road, but not in the same car my mum drives!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillyPilgrim)
    Then the Avensis would crash into you and you and your puny car would die and the Avensis would stroll away laughing at your mangled remains.
    When it trembles down to safety aspects, of course an Avensis would win. It's plain obvious. But being a student I persoanlly think an Avensis would be unpractical, far too big. Although mine is fitted with twin airbags. We own an Avensis, in conclusion - an awesome presige car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeelAhmad)
    When it trembles down to safety aspects, of course an Avensis would win. It's plain obvious. But being a student I persoanlly think an Avensis would be unpractical, far too big. Although mine is fitted with twin airbags. We own an Avensis, in conclusion - an awesome presige car.
    How much is your insurance anyway? Just wondering seems like it would be quite alot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortunecookie)
    Urgh idiots. They need to take a look at themselves. I just want to shout 'Your in a fricking peugot, sort your life out!'

If they had a car with any sort of speed and style then yeah go shooting off down the road, but not in the same car my mum drives!
    lol what you talking about? Does that not include pretty much all drivers who are young since we can only afford slower cars due to insurance, or should people just not drive until they can afford BMWs and Jags?

What do you know anyway? You don't even have a Y chromosome and everyone knows you need one to drive.

ReputationRep:
    How much is your insurance anyway? Just wondering seems like it would be quite alot.
    Just renewed it - £1400 fully comp 4 years NCB.

ReputationRep:
    I drive my mother's 1.9TDi Astra. Boy-racing would just be plain silly.

ReputationRep:
    errrr
    you do know what prestige means, right?

ReputationRep:
    lol what you talking about? Does that not include pretty much all drivers who are young since we can only afford slower cars due to insurance, or should people just not drive until they can afford BMWs and Jags?

What do you know anyway? You don't even have a Y chromosome and everyone knows you need one to drive.

lol y chromosome
    hmm take it we are on the same wavelength that females no nothing about cars?
    - they dont know how they work
    - they dont know how to drive them
    - and when they have a breakdown they need the MAN from the AA or RAC to come help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob 911)
    lol y chromosome
    hmm take it we are on the same wavelength that females no nothing about cars?
    - they dont know how they work
    - they dont know how to drive them
    - and when they have a breakdown they need the MAN from the AA or RAC to come help
    tru dat.

ReputationRep:
    A. I don't drive what I would call a typical boy racer car, it's more of an expensive hobby/interest. I enthusuastically drive my car, with great passion too. No it's not a Corsa, Nova, Saxo etc. Like I said, it's more de luxe. Great Japanese import.

B.Power to weight ratio my Glanza V turbo would shock you. In comparrison an Avensis is something that would disapear in the rear view mirror. Not being brisk, but my car is a true pocket rocket.

C.A chav couldn't afford yet insure a Jap import. Sorry but they just couldn't. Hence why they own what they evidently do.
    Haha at point C :p: ! To be honest I don't have a problem with people who like cars and like driving - like yourself. What I do have a problem with is cheap cars that are modified to the extremes with exhausts that make far too much noise (adding to noise pollution) and people that drive their cars recklessley on the road. I do understand that people like the thrill of driving fast but I wish they would do it on a racing track where the only things they endanger are property and themselves - NOT US :mad: !!

ReputationRep:
    they are retarded idiots who i feel sorry for. they dont realise that one day they're gonna make a mistake crash into a car and kill someone, but of course they dont really give a fcuk

ReputationRep:

No obviously they cant afford them, but they should drive around like idiots, which like the OP says gives a bad rep to drivers.
    And yeah it pretty much does include most young people, but surely overtaking in a car that isnt much faster than the average car is going to be more dangerous than overtaking in a jag or something? If they are in an 'everyday' car then I dont think they should drive it hurtling down the road.

But obviously I have to get back to the dusting now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortunecookie)
    No obviously they cant afford them, but they should drive around like idiots, which like the OP says gives a bad rep to drivers.
    And yeah it pretty much does include most young people, but surely overtaking in a car that isnt much faster than the average car is going to be more dangerous than overtaking in a jag or something? If they are in an 'everyday' car then I dont think they should drive it hurtling down the road.

But obviously I have to get back to the dusting now
    Or cooking, or you could just pop a child out and demand a holiday at work.

ReputationRep:
    The Avensis is great as an executive vehicle - it has the feel of an upper-class saloon and is very comfortable to ride in . It also doubles up as an excellent family car which is VERY spacious! My only niggles with it are that it has a low ground clearance at the front (I know the 97-03 models do but I think this may have been corrected - either way it reduces resistance) although it can handle sleeping policemen/speed bumps etc. and the size can sometimes make it difficult to manuever in tighter parking spaces. However - despite it's size, the fuel consumption is to die for, 49.7 mpg !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butthead7)
    they are retarded idiots who i feel sorry for. they dont realise that one day they're gonna make a mistake crash into a car and kill someone, but of course they dont really give a fcuk
    talking about making a mistake and crashing
    2 young lads not far from where i stay...

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ed...ash.5493774.jp

young lad just passed his test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielNewton)
    What do you think of boy racers?
    I'm all up for a laugh and being a dare-devil, but I think boy-racers are *****.

ReputationRep:
    Ooops. My cars got a spoiler and yes, I meet at a burger king car park once a month, meets called 'no rice'. Which evidently means 'no Jap' cars basically. I own a Toyota Starlet Turbo - Proud owner too. Even if it is classed as a 'boy racer' by the wide variety of the ignoramus out there. I couldn't care less, it's young, vivacious and attractive.
    no japanese cars? but you own a toyota so how does that work? not that i have anything against your car, and i respect that you are a car enthusiast but its strange, unless it means no imports or something.

ReputationRep:
    My opinion - exhaust pipes are compensating for something. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ooops. My cars got a spoiler and yes, I meet at a burger king car park once a month, meets called 'no rice'. Which evidently means 'no Jap' cars basically. I own a Toyota Starlet Turbo - Proud owner too. Even if it is classed as a 'boy racer' by the wide variety of the ignoramus out there. I couldn't care less, it's young, vivacious and attractive.
    LOL such a bad car

ReputationRep:
    They're breathtakingly cool.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.