Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The 'rich chav' was just irony...calm down. Seriously.

I'd be surprised if you knew right from left tbh
    <---------- LEFT
    ----------> RIGHT

I'm in full time education, have worked 51 hours this week already and I'm making the most of my young age with what I currently have.

Happy now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjybh)
    The 'rich chav' was just irony...calm down. Seriously.

<---------- LEFT
    ----------> RIGHT

I'm in full time education, have worked 51 hours this week already and I'm making the most of my young age with what I currently have.

Happy now?

So i guess your a chav then?..

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Sorry to let you down like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjybh)
    Nope. Sorry to let you down like that.

Hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    Plank.

ReputationRep:
    Not all people who do up cars are chavs, its abit stereotypical if I'm honest. Not that I would ever do up cheap fiestas, saxos etc. Just making a point

ReputationRep:
    The main thing I have an issue with is stupidly loud exhausts on cars with tinny 4pots like Corsas or Fiestas or the like...one just has to ask why? It doesn't sound good like a meaty V8 or even V6 does, just makes you look like a prat to others.

Take note, those who are turning and looking at you probably arn't admiring your car, they are thinking "what on earth is that tool doing with such a stupidly loud fart cannon stuck to the back of his little hatchback?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grodecki)
    The main thing I have an issue with is stupidly loud exhausts on cars with tinny 4pots like Corsas or Fiestas or the like...one just has to ask why? It doesn't sound good like a meaty V8 or even V6 does, just makes you look like a prat to others.

Take note, those who are turning and looking at you probably arn't admiring your car, they are thinking "what on earth is that tool doing with such a stupidly loud fart cannon stuck to the back of his little hatchback?"

Who is this directed at, because I do not have a 'stupidly loud exhaust'..

ReputationRep:
    Really cool guys, any here? If so, teach me?

ReputationRep:
    Nobody in particular, just a general rant at anyone who puts a really loud exhaust system on a car that really doesn't warrent it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shifty6Speed)
    My point is, you can flick the a*se end out on a corsa maybe! But drifting in every sense of the word is not really possible due to the driven wheels in question being at the wrong end of the car!
    Im not an expert on drifting but i believe its defined as a 4 wheel slide pre, mid and post apex. Like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFUegaEibwE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    Im not an expert on drifting but i believe its defined as a 4 wheel slide pre, mid and post apex. Like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFUegaEibwE
    It's not real drifting though, I would never call that drifting. It's just talented handbrake turning. Gymkhana, for example, would be totally impossible in an FF car, there would be no way you could maintain enough speed to keep it fast. I'm willing to bet a FF car would be nowhere near as quick, or classy, as a FR would be around a track. FF drifting is purely 'because I can', still pointless and kinda wannabe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    It's not real drifting though, I would never call that drifting. It's just talented handbrake turning. Gymkhana, for example, would be totally impossible in an FF car, there would be no way you could maintain enough speed to keep it fast. I'm willing to bet a FF car would be nowhere near as quick, or classy, as a FR would be around a track. FF drifting is purely 'because I can', still pointless and kinda wannabe.
    It may not be pretty, and its certainly an arse about face way of doing it, and yes i dont like it either but it is still drifting.

"Drifting refers to a driving technique and to a motor sport where the driver intentionally oversteers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels through turns, while preserving vehicle control and a high exit speed. A car is said to be drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle prior to the corner apex, and the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice versa), and the driver is controlling these factors. As a motor sport, professional drifting competitions are held across the world."

All those points are met. therefore it IS drifting.

ReputationRep:
    My god that's gay.

ReputationRep:
    Besides, I've noticed something about this god-forsaken forum.

Each thread turns into a ******* pissing contest.
    Each thread ******* changes direction in one small click.

Can a mod just close this thread already.

ReputationRep:
    .....and ban people for comments like 'my god thats gay' :P

ReputationRep:
    It's constructive criticism!

Just the idea of that Honda's making me wanna blow chunks.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, getting a slower, cheaper car then making it look like a more expensive car will make you look like a chav so...
    So because I have a corsa that has side skirts and a splitter made for it by Irmscher (a company that produces parts purely for vauxhall) i am a chav?

Even thought i've attended a sixth form full time for the last 2 years, have a part time job and work no less than 15 hours a week, more now that i've left and don't sit around in McDonalds car park or any other car parks for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pleyer)
    So because I have a corsa that has side skirts and a splitter made for it by Irmscher (a company that produces parts purely for vauxhall) i am a chav?

Even thought i've attended a sixth form full time for the last 2 years, have a part time job and work no less than 15 hours a week, more now that i've left and don't sit around in McDonalds car park or any other car parks for that matter.

I thought it was the 200 pound rust buckets with the silly body kits, neons, loud exhaust and massive spoiler which defined boy racer chavs... apparently not though, seems like any 17 year old who has a "modified" car is a chav.

That's today's society for ya. They will grow up one day and realise how silly they are acting like 10 year olds. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, 17-18 year olds need to have their fun in their saxos and fiestas while they can.

I'm by no means a chav, but I had a loud exhaust and alloys etc on my car when I was 17, you soon grow out of it when you have more important things to buy!

A lot of important life lessons are learned by having an old car and trying to make it look half decent! At 17, it's often the only real possession they will own. Sure they'll ruin it and probably get caught speeding or fail some MOTs, but it taught me to look after things and have some respect for other road users.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.