Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Insurance companies should charge the price they sell insurance at now and then give some of the money back if they don't claim. Would encourage people to drive properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee_831)
    To be honest, 17-18 year olds need to have their fun in their saxos and fiestas while they can.

I'm by no means a chav, but I had a loud exhaust and alloys etc on my car when I was 17, you soon grow out of it when you have more important things to buy!

A lot of important life lessons are learned by having an old car and trying to make it look half decent! At 17, it's often the only real possession they will own. Sure they'll ruin it and probably get caught speeding or fail some MOTs, but it taught me to look after things and have some respect for other road users.
    I have respect for other road users and I don't drive like a ****. I'm 17 and my car is the most valuble possession I own but doesn't mean I risk an accident or looking like a fool by making cheap mods :p: A loud exhaust is just arrogance and you think you're important enough to warrent telling every person within a half mile radius of your presence. If you're going to own a cheap car then suck it up and leave it looking cheap. If you want something better then spend all that money you use on mods to get a better car.

ReputationRep:
    You should see my latest mod, walkie talkie holders.

ReputationRep:
    don't mind them, some of them are quite fit?

ReputationRep:
    Is a 3-Series a chav car? ;o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rader)
    Is a 3-Series a chav car? ;o
    It can be if a chav gets hold of it and *******ises it.

ReputationRep:
    People, ADotC is clearly fishing for reactions and you all seem to be biting!

Plus....

Can we PLEASE have a moderator elected in this forum, so that we can get rid of mouth-breathers like our good friend ADotC. Few Global Mods stop by here, and we were promised weeks ago that staff were looking into a dedicated Motoring mod..

ReputationRep:
    What car will you have in a few years time then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjybh)
    What car will you have in a few years time then?
    I bet it's a Corsa with high perfomance bodykit and 13'' alloys? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't say anything bad about 13" alloys! Minilites... :woo:

ReputationRep:
    oh dear oh dear ohdear ...

why is it that most of the cars modififed by 'barrys' are slower than stock plus the fact they can't drive for toffee ...

the look of bazzas face as he simply can't shake off stock 1l nova / big fat scorpio/ bog standard corsa is something to behold - bazza the problem exists between steering wheel and seat

as is the look on his face when he realises he slowed down for nothing for the marked RRVs or the look on his face when it launches from the lights ( v 6 frontera)

(Original post by Sync)

Can we PLEASE have a moderator elected in this forum, so that we can get rid of mouth-breathers like our good friend ADotC. Few Global Mods stop by here, and we were promised weeks ago that staff were looking into a dedicated Motoring mod..
    there is one coming cant say who but theyve been chosen :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    there is one coming cant say who but theyve been chosen :yes:
    Jolly good! Thanks for letting us know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    Boy Racers are nothing compared to those groups of bloody idiots on their mopeds. Sounding like an angry mob of killer hairdryers, haha.
    They look so smug, and yet have no reason to feel so. They look ridiculous. The chav equivalent of a tandem bike.
    Good point, we call them hairdryers where I live so pointless. Boy racers are idiots, don't even know how they passed their test. Unfortunately some of them don't even grow out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Mopeds are alright, yes you get those little dicks riding them but for a 16 year old they're a handy / cheap way to get around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EGjeff)
    Mopeds are alright, yes you get those little dicks riding them but for a 16 year old they're a handy / cheap way to get around.
    Also very dangerous though, alot of them in my year had fallen off at one point or another and been under a car and needing a cast! thats what put me off them for good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EGjeff)
    There's a difference between a horrible little moped and a not quite so horrible little motorbike and that is THAT FREAKING CVT. I would give a lot to never hear that fly like whine ever again. That and you can never have proper control of a moped because your only real contact with the bike is through two points; your hands on the handlebars. The other 3 points are just friction and gravity, both of which can be lessened by various things. On a motorbike you have either 3 or 4 points of proper contact (however you look at it). I have a friend who rides 500cc MX bikes, does massive doubles and triples and generally rides like a madwomen but she got on a moped and couldn't ride it for more than 5 minutes because she didn't feel safe on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjybh)
    Don't say anything bad about 13" alloys! Minilites... :woo:
    My thoughts exactly.

Only chavs with small dicks sup up there cars cos they think it will attract girls on the same intellectual level as them!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william wilmont)
    your a ****
    Ill race ye

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.