The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

joseph1991
LOL such a bad car

How is it bad? 0-60 in less than 7 seconds it is probably one of the quickest on these forums unless you are talk about its looks.
BillyPilgrim
How is it bad? 0-60 in less than 7 seconds it is probably one of the quickest on these forums unless you are talk about its looks.

I'm glad you said "one of the quickest"...

I've just sold my two toys to fund uni **crys** and brought a slightly more practical car for now...

Toy number one being my Midnight Purple R33 GTR V-Spec 442.6BHP @ the wheels, 0-60 in 4.1 secs and standing 1/4 mile in 10.806 secs @ Santa Pod... Top speed (air strip tested) 179.1mph due to gearing... Insurance - £3027.11 fully comp 5 years ncb in good area.

Toy number two being 200sx S14A Do-Luck ex demo car. Simular spec.... Over 400 ponies at the arse end, 0-60 around 4.5 secs with LSD, Standing 1/4 mile in 11.931 secs @ JAE.... Top speed (air strip tested) 181.3mph - faster than Skyline i know but Nismo 6 speed box and long ratio 6th fitted....
Insurance £1017.53 fully comp, same ncb etc...

My new and much slower car **crys again**...

VW Passat 1.8 20V Turbo Sport with uprated ECU - chipped (From Audi TT - 225bhp), HKS induction kit custom engineered fitting kit (professional), Bailey dump valve (NOT set on air to atmosphere because it would sound f-ing stupid on a passat!), forged pistons fitted by me (came with car) and a K04 Turbo upgrade - direct fit... Probably around 240bhp now at a guess... Top speed 155mph roughly - not limeted though (i'll test it properly soon)...
Insurance £397.09 fully comp, same ncb etc....

Finally, i'd just like to point out that i'm not by any stretch of the imagination a "boy racer" I'm a jap car enthusiast, i like going to proper organised car meets, club meets etc at decent venues, not Cineworld car parks around the country!!!!

I can drive fast and i can drive fast very well (even sideways!) but leave it for the track and test days (unless some little pot full of toss in his Nova GSI wants a run for their money or rich boy drug dealer in his stolen BMW 320i... Oh i'll gladly take their money! TW*TS!!!.... :biggrin:
Reply 42
moreiniho
I rate them just below pond-life.

lol!
BillyPilgrim

133bhp does it in 7.9.

Quick, but not fast.
I've heard boy racers make good Organ Doners.
ToastyCoke
Spoiler in my sig... :K:

eeps

That's disgusting!
Reply 46
shorty.loves.angels
Boy racers just make me think:

Chavs
Swearing
Smoking
Fights
**** cars
Meetings at McDonalds at midnight

Just all the things I hate about people. I agree, blame them for the high insurance!

Can you afford to pay insurance monthly? Or Have a parent own and insure the car and then add you as a named driver?

whoa, how do you know what my tuesday night is like?
Friggerpants
That's disgusting!

Oh darn. And I did it all just to please you.

ass.
Reply 48
MO-M-G
Boy Racers are nothing compared to those groups of bloody idiots on their mopeds. Sounding like an angry mob of killer hairdryers, haha.
They look so smug, and yet have no reason to feel so. They look ridiculous. The chav equivalent of a tandem bike.

Was driving down University Boulevard in Nottingham the other night. There's a set of traffic lights at the entrance to the Uni. I pulled up in the left hand lane about 4 cars back and 4 lads on mopeds pulled up next to me.

As the lights went green, they all proceeded to wheelie away from the lights.

We were about 50-75m from the lights when the car 2 in front of me pulled into the right hand lane...and knocked 2 of the lads (still wheelieing) off their mopeds.

Obviously we stopped and had to stop the other 2 lads on mopeds trying to kick the crap out of the driver.

When we were chatting to him, he said he could hear them, but when he looked in his mirror, couldn't see them...which as their headlights were pointing skywards is quite believable.

We gave statements to the Police and have been told to expect a call to give evidence against the moped morons for dangerous driving, amongst other things.
Reply 49
Chavs.
Reply 50
Boy racers do suck a lot. There's nothing I hate more than seeing people with a bad taste in car styling.

I have an absolute passion for cars, and drive a 92 Honda Civic. I did get a lot of stick as it's a 'banger'.

But it's a base car, I don't mind meeting other people with their hondas, I visit the track every now and then with my brother.

There's nothing wrong with having a fast car with a spoiler, but a micra!? wtf like...

Luke.
Reply 51
simeon
Was driving down University Boulevard in Nottingham the other night. There's a set of traffic lights at the entrance to the Uni. I pulled up in the left hand lane about 4 cars back and 4 lads on mopeds pulled up next to me.

As the lights went green, they all proceeded to wheelie away from the lights.

We were about 50-75m from the lights when the car 2 in front of me pulled into the right hand lane...and knocked 2 of the lads (still wheelieing) off their mopeds.

Obviously we stopped and had to stop the other 2 lads on mopeds trying to kick the crap out of the driver.

When we were chatting to him, he said he could hear them, but when he looked in his mirror, couldn't see them...which as their headlights were pointing skywards is quite believable.

We gave statements to the Police and have been told to expect a call to give evidence against the moped morons for dangerous driving, amongst other things.

serves them right really, is that the bit on the entrance to highfields?
Reply 52
DanielNewton
So today I was in the car with my dad and this boy racer pulled up next to us at a red light in a Nissan Micra with blacked out windows, ne-on stickers all over it, a huge spoiler, and one of them daft loud exhausts:confused: . So he sat there and all the time the lights where on red he was revving the knackers of that shed:s-smilie: , when the lights turned to green he tried to overtake us as well (illegal since it was a single lane road), unfortunately for him we where in a Audi TT (not sports car of the year il admit) but still compared to a Nissan Micra he should have known he would have no chance:cool: .

Also im 17 in a few weeks and want to learn to drive, I can afford a car but not the insurance, I think the reason the insurance is so high is because of total twits like the Nissan Micra lad giving the rest of us young people a bad reputation when it comes to drivers:mad: .

What do you think of boy racers?

Funny, me and my dad overtook a boy racer in my dads 4L BMW M3 was funny as **** watching him try and keep up when my dads car can hit 80 or 90 in no time which is his top speed.

I am learning to drive as well, and have heard of so many boy racers in my area crashing - so no wonder insurance is so high.

At least most of them crash into trees instead of cars and stuff though - at least around here they do.
Reply 53
my friend always speeds when we're in his M5, if i had it, i would as well..
Reply 54
They're mostly ***** and put up insurance costs for people who aren't going to drive like complete *****.

Especially insurance for modified cars, which is absolutely ridiculous or even unobtainable thanks to every idiot sticking tat from Halfords all over their shopping-trolley...
Reply 55
I drive a 20 year old rust bucket Land Rover :biggrin: :biggrin: Very slow, yes, but doesn't get any slower if you hang a fully laden twin axle trailer off the back or fill it with teenagers and festival stuff :p: If a chav starts giving me gob about my '**** car' I park my 33" tyre against his bumper and remind him just how easily my car could climb onto his bonnet.

My ultimate dream car (other than a well modded Landy and a decent free site to play with it on) is a sleeper :biggrin: Cruddy matte mismatched paint and rusty, but race tuned engine, drivetrain and suspension. Would be priceless kicking boy racer ass with it :p:

Reminds me of a guy I knew once who dropped a scooby flat four into the back of a VW camper. It popped wheelies off the line :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I read up online about another guy who cut the middle of the floor of his VW camper out and mid mounted a 5 litre V8 in it *dreams*
Reply 56
Never understood it... the money spent on the tinted windows/big exhausts could have gone towards a decent car...
Reply 57
Boy racer near me last winter crashed head on into a snowplow while overtaking a boy racing friend in a boy racingish style race of some sort. Never got to see the car, but sounded funny.
ToastyCoke
Oh darn. And I did it all just to please you.

ass.

What's it even supposed to be?
Friggerpants
What's it even supposed to be?

It's a yaris t-sport.

Spoiler

Latest