Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob 911)
    lol y chromosome
    hmm take it we are on the same wavelength that females no nothing about cars?
    - they dont know how they work
    I know the basics and that's all I need to know (oil, tyres etc...changing a tyre is not a problem for me!), the rest is taken care of by professionals

- they dont know how to drive them
    Change the record boys...I've got more driving qualifications htan most guys my age.

- and when they have a breakdown they need the MAN from the AA or RAC to come help
    I'd love to see a man fix a duff alternator or a wrecked clutch on the roadside...I'd guess you might also need the RAC/AA to come and help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shifty6Speed)
    I'm glad you said "one of the quickest"...

I've just sold my two toys to fund uni **crys** and brought a slightly more practical car for now...

Toy number one being my Midnight Purple R33 GTR V-Spec 442.6BHP @ the wheels, 0-60 in 4.1 secs and standing 1/4 mile in 10.806 secs @ Santa Pod... Top speed (air strip tested) 179.1mph due to gearing... Insurance - £3027.11 fully comp 5 years ncb in good area.

Toy number two being 200sx S14A Do-Luck ex demo car. Simular spec.... Over 400 ponies at the arse end, 0-60 around 4.5 secs with LSD, Standing 1/4 mile in 11.931 secs @ JAE.... Top speed (air strip tested) 181.3mph - faster than Skyline i know but Nismo 6 speed box and long ratio 6th fitted....
    Insurance £1017.53 fully comp, same ncb etc...

My new and much slower car **crys again**...

VW Passat 1.8 20V Turbo Sport with uprated ECU - chipped (From Audi TT - 225bhp), HKS induction kit custom engineered fitting kit (professional), Bailey dump valve (NOT set on air to atmosphere because it would sound f-ing stupid on a passat!), forged pistons fitted by me (came with car) and a K04 Turbo upgrade - direct fit... Probably around 240bhp now at a guess... Top speed 155mph roughly - not limeted though (i'll test it properly soon)...
    Insurance £397.09 fully comp, same ncb etc....

Finally, i'd just like to point out that i'm not by any stretch of the imagination a "boy racer" I'm a jap car enthusiast, i like going to proper organised car meets, club meets etc at decent venues, not Cineworld car parks around the country!!!!

I can drive fast and i can drive fast very well (even sideways!) but leave it for the track and test days (unless some little pot full of toss in his Nova GSI wants a run for their money or rich boy drug dealer in his stolen BMW 320i... Oh i'll gladly take their money! TW*TS!!!....
    Your 'toys' sound Niiiiiiice!

I have no problem with people who keep the need for speed on the track (I do this myself - on 4 wheels and on 2!), it's the idiots doing 80 in town centres that really annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    133bhp does it in 7.9.

Quick, but not fast.
    For a 17 year old (me) that is fast, due to insurance. In the grand scheme not so.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.teletext.co.uk/regionalne...l+warning.aspx

Police said they are targeting youths who use specially-modified cars and who meet in the town's Asda car park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    Your 'toys' sound Niiiiiiice!

I have no problem with people who keep the need for speed on the track (I do this myself - on 4 wheels and on 2!), it's the idiots doing 80 in town centres that really annoy me.
    I entirely agree! Fine, breaking the speed limit on the road is something i do often, but not in stupid area's and NOT by so much that it could pose a huge hazard... Bear in mind both of my old cars had ceramic breaks with 6 pots on the front and 4's on the back, i could stop from 100mph in less time than it takes you to lick you're lips and wink at me!

I never drive fast or dangerously through towns, built up area's, 30, 40, 50 limits etc... I might cruise down the motorway at anything between 70-110 normally, occasionally faster if it's late at night, the motorway is empty, i have my snooper, i'm tired and just want my bed BUT generally as a rule, i save the serious driving for the track!

P.S: I also ride bikes.... FAST bikes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shifty6Speed)
    I entirely agree! Fine, breaking the speed limit on the road is something i do often, but not in stupid area's and NOT by so much that it could pose a huge hazard... Bear in mind both of my old cars had ceramic breaks with 6 pots on the front and 4's on the back, i could stop from 100mph in less time than it takes you to lick you're lips and wink at me!

I never drive fast or dangerously through towns, built up area's, 30, 40, 50 limits etc... I might cruise down the motorway at anything between 70-110 normally, occasionally faster if it's late at night, the motorway is empty, i have my snooper, i'm tired and just want my bed BUT generally as a rule, i save the serious driving for the track!

P.S: I also ride bikes.... FAST bikes
    :jumps up and down:

I LOVE bikes...I like cars, I like fast, responsive, high performance cars, but my passion is for bikes (of which I own 4!). There is no feeling like opening the throttle on a racing bike and feeling the power

ReputationRep:
    I :heart: them

They piss me off and have horrible cars most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    I'll admit I love taking the piss of them, we go round town in our seat ibviza/fiat puntos (all girls) classic FM full blast, windows down hoodies on, and they always end up chasing us and at the car park when we get out the look on their faces when they see we're girls is absoulately worth a picture!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a problem with people who want to modify their cars, it's not my cup of tea but if that's what they enjoy then let them go ahead. What annoys me is people who drive too fast or dangerously regardless of if they are in a modified car or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    :jumps up and down:

I LOVE bikes...I like cars, I like fast, responsive, high performance cars, but my passion is for bikes (of which I own 4!). There is no feeling like opening the throttle on a racing bike and feeling the power
    I know! You can tell me about it as much as you do so desire... Guess who's off to Uni in September to do a "Bachelor Of Engineering (Honours) Degree in Motorcycle Engineering for the Road and Track Racing Sector!

I can't wait, i'm so hyped... If things go well during my first year i might be tempted to buy my old 1994 Urban Tiger Fireblade back (207bhp @ rear wheel! Top Speed 204mph (with me riding) could have been a couple more!!! WOOOOOOP) Yes please lol... Confused? Don't be, it was stage 4 dyno track tuned by Mckenzie Racing

Anyway, i haven't got any bikes at the moment and i'm going nuts! We get to do loads of track days on this uni course anyway, we have 2 circuits at our disposal

PM me if you like x

ReputationRep:
    I love them. Every time we pull beside one in dad's enormous Jeep all I want to do is tell dad to get a **** little car, lower the suspension so we can't go over bumps (and add neons for that special touch), and then kit it out with a body kit that makes it look like a caravan (Y)

No, not really. In Matthew's Britain being like that would warrant a six-month sentence in a work camp.

ReputationRep:
    I have a black golf gti (mk 4); lowered, black light casing, blue tinted lights, 19inch oz racing alloys, sub and 6x9s, 70%tinted windows, single wiper conversion, stainless steel exhaust, remapped engine to 225bhp, air induction and cooling added, leather seats, sony CD player.

90 000 miles

selling it for £3000 ish purely because there isn't the market for such cars... cost a bomb to insure/make standard...

I do however think that they are a good thing between boy racers. If you pull up at the lights and are next to a modded up Corsa/Fiesta etc, then damn, it's so funny burning them to 60 and watching them in your rear view...

I'm getting a superbike that does 0-100mph in like 5 seconds... that's gonna be INSANE

to all you who don't realise... boy racing is cool, as long as you drive safe and don't look like an idiot (e.g. emos etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayabusa999)
    I have a black golf gti (mk 4); lowered, black light casing, blue tinted lights, 19inch oz racing alloys, sub and 6x9s, 70%tinted windows, single wiper conversion, stainless steel exhaust, remapped engine to 225bhp, air induction and cooling added, leather seats, sony CD player.

90 000 miles

selling it for £3000 ish purely because there isn't the market for such cars... cost a bomb to insure/make standard...

I do however think that they are a good thing between boy racers. If you pull up at the lights and are next to a modded up Corsa/Fiesta etc, then damn, it's so funny burning them to 60 and watching them in your rear view...

I'm getting a superbike that does 0-100mph in like 5 seconds... that's gonna be INSANE

to all you who don't realise... boy racing is cool, as long as you drive safe and don't look like an idiot (e.g. emos etc)
    Yeah because you really need an air induction kit there :rolleyes: Clearly that just makes it sound like a boy racer's car, and you have no actual need for it.

ReputationRep:
    Not bothered, as long as I'm not expected to mourn the tragic loss of precious human life when they flip and kill themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Grr, boy racers annoy me greatly!! There are loads of them in my area, but the police just seem to turn a blind eye to them speeding late at night at about 60mph on 30mph roads...

Yeah, it really annoys me that they are the ones responsible for astronomical insurance costs for even us responsible young drivers. Very unfair!

ReputationRep:
    Oh let them have their fun i say, as long as they don't hit innocent people, which is pretty rare i hope.

ReputationRep:
    Probable cause of concern for my car and a big rise in their insurance premiums because of loud boom boom music.

ReputationRep:
    Its because of scum like them, my insurance premiums are extortionate.

ReputationRep:
    hotttt t t t

ReputationRep:
    actually I just read through this thread and I my definition of boy racers is different.

it seems you mean chavs
    and I mean guys with ferraris

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.