Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Meh. They're clearly pathetic, but I don't mind that ones that can actually drive. As long as their attitude doesn't affect my safety with bad driving.

But unfortunately, their confidence is usually unfounded, they usually drive badly, and they're usually dangerous about it.

ReputationRep:
    Boy racers can do what they want, it's when they bother me that it gets annoying. I was in the supra and got pulled over simply because I was being harrassed by a load of boy racers and got assimilated with them because I was there and in a fast car :mad:

ReputationRep:
    there are two kinds of boy racers in my head:

here in NZ the cars suck!!! they are driving pieces of **** and think its the best.

over in dubai.. u should see the races. i saw a bugatti in a race before and i drooled... these people were seriously PRO!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielNewton)
    So today I was in the car with my dad and this boy racer pulled up next to us at a red light in a Nissan Micra with blacked out windows, ne-on stickers all over it, a huge spoiler, and one of them daft loud exhausts:confused: . So he sat there and all the time the lights where on red he was revving the knackers of that shed , when the lights turned to green he tried to overtake us as well (illegal since it was a single lane road), unfortunately for him we where in a Audi TT (not sports car of the year il admit) but still compared to a Nissan Micra he should have known he would have no chance:cool: .

Also im 17 in a few weeks and want to learn to drive, I can afford a car but not the insurance, I think the reason the insurance is so high is because of total twits like the Nissan Micra lad giving the rest of us young people a bad reputation when it comes to drivers:mad: .

What do you think of boy racers?
    It isn't illegal to overtake on a single carriageway, and if he was genuinely intending to make more progress than you had been then you shouldn't have sped up when he tried to overtake. Oh, and if it was a single carriageway, how did he manage to pull up next to you at the lights?
    Anyway, yes, he was a ****. People like that just make me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGimpMan)
    errrr
    you do know what prestige means, right?
    Prestige compared to my motor lol. I should really say executive. Sitting in my Recaros aren't too bad though. .

(Original post by TheTard)
    no japanese cars? but you own a toyota so how does that work? not that i have anything against your car, and i respect that you are a car enthusiast but its strange, unless it means no imports or something.
    I go there to show them what a real car is lol, also get to see my ex work mates. Plus a mate owns a Polo G40 so makes it worth while.

(Original post by joseph1991)
    LOL such a bad car
    Each to their own.

(Original post by BillyPilgrim)
    How is it bad? 0-60 in less than 7 seconds it is probably one of the quickest on these forums unless you are talk about its looks.
    Oh, it's far from stock now. Not stock no more.. It's naughty

Last point. Theres all these girls sitting here putting down the so called 'boy racers' but I bet they really adore them. I mean come on you serious, if you ever go to car meets, my word theres always fit gash there. If not driving a fancy car defo rolling in the passenger seat. Secretly girls have a soft spot and allow a small amount of it, they won't show it though, supposed to be a secret. They are not ALL chav girls either:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    Boy Racers are nothing compared to those groups of bloody idiots on their mopeds. Sounding like an angry mob of killer hairdryers, haha.
    They look so smug, and yet have no reason to feel so. They look ridiculous. The chav equivalent of a tandem bike.

I get chavs on quadbikes going past my house :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    I hate how they give all car enthusiasts a bad name, my car probably fits into the typical 'boy racer' category but everything I've done to it is for function and serves a purpose. However this does mean I get endless amounts of 1.1 saxo's and such sitting up my chuff when I'm driving anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    **** car
    Sleazy
    ****** DOOMF DOOMF DOOMF music which no one wants to hear
    Somehow think they are sexy while they check out your mum

Oh if only I had my own boy racer to dream of :love:

Or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellynubbin)
    I get chavs on quadbikes going past my house :banghead:
    theyre the worst, but at least they wear now helmets - easy targets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    theyre the worst, but at least they wear now helmets - easy targets!
    oh no, no helmets. They are that stupid, they don't even wear decent clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Boys (as opposed to men), yes. Racers, no. Almost without exception they display truly staggering levels of ineptitude both in their driving skills and in their knowledge of how to improve a car's handling and performance. In fact, most of the so-called improvements actually make their cars worse.

As for their driving! I own a knackered old saloon which is shod with the cheapest Chinese tyres that the previous owner could lay his hands on; nevertheless, it frequently happens that when driving on National Speed Limit roads, I have a boy racer stuck to my bumper on the straights, but when it comes to braking zones and corners, I absolutely leave them for dead. Admittedly, I also ride a superbike (which makes car driving seem very tame and easy in comparison), and I have a fair bit of track experience (although more bikes than cars), so I'm probably not your average driver, but I'd love to know how they feel about getting their blinged-up, lowered, turbo-charged asses whooped by a respectable looking 30-something gentleman driving a beaten up old banger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellynubbin)
    oh no, no helmets. They are that stupid, they don't even wear decent clothes.
    in general, or on the quad bikes? :p: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I find it hilarious as I beat most of them at the lights (in a 1.6 as well).

Note: I don't mean 'mine is fast', I mean 'theirs is slow'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    I find it hilarious as I beat most of them at the lights (in a 1.6 as well).

Note: I don't mean 'mine is fast', I mean 'theirs is slow'.
    Attribues of a boy racer i'm afraid. Something a typical boy racer would tackle on a set of traffic lights.

ReputationRep:
    Give them somewhere to race. Not that I think they'll be any good around a track, it'd be good to get them off the streets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dag)
    serves them right really, is that the bit on the entrance to highfields?
    Those traffic lights, yeah. Happened between there and the Tennis Centre.

ReputationRep:
    Complete scum, moving around a 1 tonne+ block of metal in a way that endangers other people's lives is just disgusting. If people want to race they should go to a race track rather than on roads being used by innocent people just trying to get from A to B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeelAhmad)
    Attribues of a boy racer i'm afraid. Something a typical boy racer would tackle on a set of traffic lights.
    Sorry, I didn't quite get that?

ReputationRep:
    My tutor at college is head of the music department. One day at a music department meeting they got bored and decided to do something different. They all piled into his faded red Astra with over 200k on the clock, rolled down the windows and proceeded to play classic fm at full blast and wander around Exeter in search of chavs to piss off. The guy is Chris Griffin if anyone here is from Exeter College :p:

ReputationRep:
    Search my posts, there was one chav in a saxo that tried to race my vti civic. Needless to say before I hit vtec I was ahead. They are responsible for our high insurance as they are involved in more crashes than anyone else.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.