Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    you en educated idiots
    Touche!

EDIT: Damn, Jack beat me to it!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god ANOTHER forum with grammar police, :L

I know this hypocritical, but a 17 year old with a 1990 land rover, are you anti-social? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'll bite...

What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    Oh god ANOTHER forum with grammar police, :L

I know this hypocritical, but a 17 year old with a 1990 land rover, are you anti-social? :lol:
    We only become grammar nazis when people call us uneducated and in the process can't spell :p:

And anti-social? Far from it. My friends absolutely love it and think it's a great car. When we walk up to it I often get "THAT'S your car?! omg that's amazing!". We recently drove 130 miles to a festival in it. Five of us on the way up, plus the boot stuffed with camping and festival stuff, and Six on the way home (we picked another person up somehow). Didn't break a sweat or miss a beat. Now tell me your Corsa can do 60-70mph with six people and as much stuff as I had without bouncing off the bump stops :p:

I can pitch a tent on the full length roof rack too. At a party a while back there were 12 of us all sat on the roof rack drinking and getting passing cars to honk at us. Thankfully no one fell the 8 feet to the ground

ReputationRep:
    Is it a 110 or a 90?

ReputationRep:
    Let me guess, your in a band?

MEGA LOL

Just for the record my corsa would leave your landrover for dust tbh iirc the landrovers specs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    I actually despise these chavs in ****** 1.poo 1990's corsa clios etc with the massive exhaust, think they are good doing their handbrake turns and stuff.

However, i despise people who GENERALISE 17 year olds who have a modded Corsa as chavs, yet have no idea about cars.

I'm 17 and have a modified Corsa C 1.8 SRi. I know you all like jumping on the bandwagon and by reading this i will probably be the subject of abuse because I'm generalised as a chav.

I have over 20 modifications on the car ranging from black tints to things none of you en educated idiots will have heard of.

Now believe me, if i had the money I would be driving around in better car, but for a 17 year old, who is paying 2800 on insurance, paid 3800 for the car, is in FULL TIME EDUCATION and works FULL TIME, a 155 BHP car is better than driving some 300 pound trashy vehicle.

Lets face it, i'm not a Chav at all, I just enjoy driving and working on my car, and tbh, its better than the mainstream kids of todays society..

Mainstream student: Im in a band, beat that.
    Me/Everyone else: LOL!

Got any proof off the 155bhp?

Dyno print out?

You#re full of ****, your cars ****, and you're ****.
    1/4 print out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    Let me guess, your in a band?

MEGA LOL

Just for the record my corsa would leave your landrover for dust tbh iirc the landrovers specs...
    To Benjybh it's a 110 :cool:

It would leave it in the dust with one person, but your puny 1.6 or whatever it is would not haul 6 people and the luggage we had like a 2.5 will. You'd have to put your rear seats down just to get the stuff we had in your car, and then fit 6 people in there. Going to happen? No. Also, your car only works on tarmac :p: mine is one of the most renowned off road vehicles of all time.

Person number 6 and stuff:

Smokey Joe 1 and 2 (yes, it's a big car, and it was packed):

Everyone in:

Even then, what performance I can claim with my car, was hardly affected at all with the load. The ride was actually better loaded up than it is with just me due to the suspension lift and HD springs. It stops pretty good too, without the load the back wheels just lock up but packed up they actually grip and help you stop :p:

And no, no band. There isn't a musical note in mny body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    Got any proof off the 155bhp?

Dyno print out?

You#re full of ****, your cars ****, and you're ****.
    1/4 print out?
    I Do will upload it later.

Im not full of ****, got the engine rmapped, air filter and irmshire backbox.

Done 1/4 in just under 14.

Depending on financial duties i may be adding a Z20LET to the car.

Also, last thing, GTFO NEW FAG lulzzzz. /palm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    To Benjybh it's a 110 :cool:

It would leave it in the dust with one person, but your puny 1.6 or whatever it is would not haul 6 people and the luggage we had like a 2.5 will. You'd have to put your rear seats down just to get the stuff we had in your car, and then fit 6 people in there. Going to happen? No. Also, your car only works on tarmac :p: mine is one of the most renowned off road vehicles of all time.

Person number 6 and stuff:

Smokey Joe 1 and 2 (yes, it's a big car, and it was packed):

Everyone in:

Even then, what performance I can claim with my car, was hardly affected at all with the load. The ride was actually better loaded up than it is with just me due to the suspension lift and HD springs. It stops pretty good too, without the load the back wheels just lock up but packed up they actually grip and help you stop :p:
    I would rather not drive than drive around in a 1990's landrover. I couldn't care less if it doesn't fit 6 people in lmao and tbh round my endz i'd get riped if i had a 1990's landrover, because all the cool kids drive one dont they y0!11!!?? lol.

Also, I dont allow butterz chicks in my car, neither do I allow fat chicks in, car will scrape.

Why are you so proud that your car can do 60/70mph with 6 people and luggage in? Your 17.

ReputationRep:
    Look, I think you'll find he wins. He can get 5 girls in his car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    I would rather not drive than drive around in a 1990's landrover. I couldn't care less if it doesn't fit 6 people in lmao and tbh round my endz i'd get riped if i had a 1990's landrover, because all the cool kids drive one dont they y0!11!!?? lol.

Also, I dont allow butterz chicks in my car, neither do I allow fat chicks in, car will scrape.

Why are you so proud that your car can do 60/70mph with 6 people and luggage in? Your 17.

I could fit 7 in if I so wanted. They're hardly fat either. What do I care what the 'cool kids' drive? No one's given me any stick for it yet, in fact, quite the contrary. Pretty much everyone I've talked to (bar you) has thought it pretty cool. I'm proud of it because I don't know anyone else my age that could do it... Maybe... And yes, I'm 17, your point being?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)

Well then, yes you are.

30bhp from a remap, filter and a zaust? You're very wrong, unless you can prove me wrong, with a dyno print out...........

1/4 under 14? Righto, unless you can prove me wrong with a picture of a print out, or Terminal speed.............

ReputationRep:
    I could fit 7 in if I so wanted. They're hardly fat either. What do I care what the 'cool kids' drive? No one's given me any stick for it yet, in fact, quite the contrary. Pretty much everyone I've talked to (bar you) has thought it pretty cool. I'm proud of it because I don't know anyone else my age that could do it... Maybe... And yes, I'm 17, your point being?

I can see them being fun off road.

Wouldn't go down quite as well driving around my area in one.

And what do you mean "I'm proud of it because I don't know anyone else my age that could do it"? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)

So an engine remap (on a petrol, doesn't really like remapping as much as diesels), air filter and some exhaust mods will give you over 150hp? Just under 14 is what JC does in his 3.5V8 MGB if I remember rightly. So a lightly modded Corsa can do a 1/4 mile in the same time a a heavily modded V8 MGB? Hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the 14 sec 1/4 mile is rubbish. My fastest 1/4 mile in my ibiza cupra which is running about 245bhp is just under 14 seconds at just under 100mph from what I remember.
    Unless you have a turbo on your corsa sri I highly doubt you made that time.

ReputationRep:
    200bhp 1000kg Rover Coupe does it in around 14.9* at round 94.

ReputationRep:
    So an engine remap (on a petrol, doesn't really like remapping as much as diesels), air filter and some exhaust mods will give you over 150hp? Just under 14 is what JC does in his 3.5V8 MGB if I remember rightly. So a lightly modded Corsa can do a 1/4 mile in the same time a a heavily modded V8 MGB? Hmmm...

Remap can help. but you need a lot of mods to make it count, I.E, turbo, cams, headwork, valve work, or Throttlebodies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    I can see them being fun off road.

Wouldn't go down quite as well driving around my area in one.

And what do you mean "I'm proud of it because I don't know anyone else my age that could do it"? :/
    No other 17 year old I know drives something as large as I do. Basically.

ReputationRep:
    A 150bhp corsa doesn't run a 13.
    It just doesn't.

Not with the modifications that have been described.
    It might be 13 secconds to get to 60mph, but it certainly wont do a standing 1/4 mile.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.