Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    It's maturity, not age what counts.

Besides, I ain't you're mate, I think you're an tosser.

Go run some 13's or something.
    Oh because your alot more mature than me, shown by your posts.. :rolleyes:

What an ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    omgz0rrz he hazz thousands postszz he r pr00000
    adotc iz nubzorzzzZ mega LoL!111!!!!!

/sarcasm/fail.

gtfo pl0x.
    corsa c forum right? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0v0s)
    corsa c forum right? :rolleyes:

What?

ReputationRep:
    I once went trawling through the vauxhall corsa forums.... I needed to change a snapped cambelt on my brothers Corsa B.
    All I could find was posts from idiots describing how they had (and I kid you not) sellotaped wires to batterys to power their "wikkid el ee dee's" "innit"...

FFS...

There wasnt a single technical thread on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    It's maturity, not age what counts.

Besides, I ain't you're mate, I think you're an tosser.

Go run some 13's or something.
    Hope you don't mean 13 inch wheels with that./ :eek: 13s are amazing.

ADotC - anyone spending enough money to get a standard Corsa to get to 60 in 7 seconds needs to consider buying a REAL car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    I once went trawling through the vauxhall corsa forums.... I needed to change a snapped cambelt on my brothers Corsa B.
    All I could find was posts from idiots describing how they had (and I kid you not) sellotaped wires to batterys to power their "wikkid el ee dee's" "innit"...

FFS...

Just noticed what car you drive - good work.

Get some old Minis in the fleet now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    Just noticed what car you drive - good work.

Get some old Minis in the fleet now.
    I wouldn't mind an early 70's clubman estate. However the other mini variants really don't do it for me to be honest.
    I suggested to the g/f, we get a 70's clubman estate between us, she wasn't too keen...

Instead we've settled on getting a Rover P6 3500 V8 to share instead. :cool:
    So, that'll be the next addition to the "fleet"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    I wouldn't mind an early 70's clubman estate. However the other mini variants really don't do it for me to be honest.
    I suggested to the g/f, we get a 70's clubman estate between us, she wasn't too keen...

Instead we've settled on getting a Rover P6 3500 V8 to share instead. :cool:
    So, that'll be the next addition to the "fleet"...
    I think a clubman estate would be the one Mini I wouldnt have lol. I've got a tax exempt Mk1 resto project which I'm hoping to put a 1430cc A-series engine in (which is going to be flippin RAPID) and a 99 Cooper and I love them to bits.

Well done on the choice of car though, can't beat a good British car...maybe see you at a show one day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    I think a clubman estate would be the one Mini I wouldnt have lol. I've got a tax exempt Mk1 resto project which I'm hoping to put a 1430cc A-series engine in (which is going to be flippin RAPID) and a 99 Cooper and I love them to bits.

Well done on the choice of car though, can't beat a good British car...maybe see you at a show one day!
    Ay possibly?
    Next shows we're doing is the pod on the 22nd/23rd of august. Don't know whether we'll be in her Porsche or my MG, though?
    Think we are doing Goodwood in september, too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    ADotC - anyone spending enough money to get a standard Corsa to get to 60 in 7 seconds needs to consider buying a REAL car.

What are you talking about you absoloute idiot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)

FFS...

Well get the **** of Corsa B/Corsa sport and go on the Corsa C forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    What are you talking about you absoloute idiot?
    The general gist of my statement was - Corsas suck.

BTW - the things on your car us "en educated idiots" have never heard of? I bet its an induction kit, some LED lights and a gear knob that flashes.

Buy a real car with some webbers on it. Injection engined Vauxhalls are for girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    Well get the **** of Corsa B/Corsa sport and go on the Corsa C forums.
    Why would I spend my time on a corsa forum unless I really had to?
    I'm only interested in propper cars, not silly little shopping trolleys.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and tbh i'm guesssing at 17 you both had some absoloute pile of **** car, by the time i'm your age I will have twice the car you both have now. Tools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    The general gist of my statement was - Corsas suck.

BTW - the things on your car us "en educated idiots" have never heard of? I bet its an induction kit, some LED lights and a gear knob that flashes.

Buy a real car with some webbers on it. Injection engined Vauxhalls are for girls.
    Oh sorry, grammar police are all over! Ever heard of a typo Mr.Perfect?

And yes I have a flashing gear knob on my car, matches well with the neons and lexus lights on the car, not to mention the amount of tyers I've got through due to all the burnouts I've done y0.

/sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    Yes and tbh i'm guesssing at 17 you both had some absoloute pile of **** car, by the time i'm your age I will have twice the car you both have now. Tools.
    I don't think there's much better you can get than a MGBV8 or a Classic Mini.

And I doubt they were driving around in Corsas. Both have infinitely better taste than that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    I don't think there's much better you can get than a MGBV8 or a Classic Mini.

And I doubt they were driving around in Corsas. Both have infinitely better taste than that :p:

I would much rather catch aids than drive either of those cars.

I am not even bothered about engine moddifications on the corsa, the corsa is the best I can afford on the insurance at this moment in time and has decent specs compared to what most 17 year olds drive and does not look like a trashy 200 quid 20 year old car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    What?

Mmmh duno really, just assumed your a member of the corsa c forum due to replies like

"omgz0rrz he hazz thousands postszz he r pr00000
    adotc iz nubzorzzzZ mega LoL!111!!!!!

/sarcasm/fail.

gtfo pl0x."

Seems common on that site.

I had a 1.4 sxi+ as a stop gap and although it comes 15mm odd lowered as standard (much like the 1.8 sri) it handled **** tbh. Wooden steering and no feedback made it a numb drive. But then again its not really a drivers car - its a cheap and cheerful bucket for the younger market were it certainly excells in (insurance etc..).

I cant comment on the 1.8 as i havent driven one but i can imagine its OK. Should have enough poke and considering your age, its certainly a good contender for insurance vs 'power'.

You've kept it smart and as its appears to be subtle OEM mods its passable. Its just the chav'd up image thats causing everyone to jump on the band wagon.

I much prefer my 206, uprated suspension, rear arb, torsion bars and a few engine mods makes for a involving drive, plenty of lift off oversteer fun!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    and does not look like a trashy 200 quid 20 year old car.
    Are we talking about a different car to the one you put photos up of then?

(Original post by Q_M)

Dellorto DRLAs are where it's at. I've never had much fun with the Weber equivalent (IDF)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    I would much rather catch aids than drive either of those cars.

I am not even bothered about engine moddifications on the corsa, the corsa is the best I can afford on the insurance at this moment in time and has decent specs compared to what most 17 year olds drive and does not look like a trashy 200 quid 20 year old car.
    When I was 17 I had a 1.8 02 Focus. I'm now 20. I have the same Focus, a 1966 Mk1 Mini which is worth more than your Corsa and dosnt even have an engine.

My other "trashy" 1999 Mini Cooper Sport would simply rape your car down the average country road - and gets alot more respect doing so.

Some people have style mate. Minis and MGBs for example.

Btw, you would be GUTTED if I told you my Mk1 insurance is £58 a year including track day cover...wouldnt you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.