Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Barça)
    Don't know if you've actually read the laws, the amount of clauses and rules that apply to cutting a thieves hands are so many it rarely happens. All the grave punishments carry many rules and to activate a rule it takes many things to happen, such as four witness in some cases. Following the rules properly and those punishment rarely happen, however to change or remove a certain rule to fit your agend seems to be the general reason for why the Sharia law is abused or intrepreted wrongly.
    I know. I thought about adding that to my post, but I intentionally simplified it. But that doesn't take away from the fact that such barbaric punishments, and violations of human rights, are still inclusive in the law.

what a SHAME. this is not a representation of Islam either. you're allowed to wear trousers (as long as they arent skin tight)
    Its a representation of crazzzzzyyy ass fundamentalists who are power f**** HUNGRY.
    POOR WOMAN!!!!!!!!

Like someone else said, I'm not really surprised or horrified. :dontknow:

As long as people with such beliefs stay out of this country and leave me alone, they can do what they like. I'm tired of feeling angry and upset for people who choose to live/stay in places like Sudan.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.