Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed a lot of places becoming more family friendly lately and allowing kids in their bar/pub.

Personally, I think its annoying because when I'm trying to watch the game or chill out with friends, I don't want uncontrolled kids running amok and screaming.

Your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Family pubesque restaurant, yes. Sole, pubs or bars. No way.

ReputationRep:
    Depends, really. If it's during the day, then it can be a bit annoying, but meh.

Myt real beef is with parents who bring babies/toddlers to the cinema. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    Ditto:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Nay!!!

ReputationRep:
    Makes them easier targets, yay

ReputationRep:
    I worked in a bar for 3 and a half years, having them in there wasn't a problem! But having them run around annoying people and parents doing **** all was a pain in the ass.

I think if kids misbehave in a public place their parents should be asked to leave (taking the annoying little sods with them!), it happens in other places so why not pubs etc?

ReputationRep:
    In the day, why not? Pubs desperately need the extra revenue. Obviously bars are more of a night thing, and so no.

ReputationRep:
    I've worked in a pub for a few weeks now, and I find it's, as you'd expect, the ' chavvy parents' ' kids who are worst behaved.

After that it's the people who are on holiday and have a go at you about the drinks prices when all you can say is 'i'm just doing my job, I have nothing to do with it'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)

I agree with this and I am a parent myself.

ReputationRep:
    Children in bars = life's **** block

ReputationRep:
    I would say up till 8 or so is fine.

ReputationRep:
    If they are quiet and don't run around then there is no problem with it however if they are running around being a nusiance then I would get quite annoyed :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yay. We need to change the drinking culture in the UK, and surrounding being 'let in' to a pub/bar in hype is definitely not helpful.

I think easing children into the idea of alcohol and passively informing them that it's no big deal is a good thing. So yay.

ReputationRep:
    If well behaved and sensible, sure. If they run amok, then hell no! They should know that they are in an adult place so they are expected to act like an adult. Oe at least more adult than their age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I agree with this and I am a parent myself.
    haha you're so english.

ReputationRep:
    Childeren, im asuming small kids <10 , no way.
    I 2nd that kids shouldnt be allowed in cinemas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ito725)
    Childeren, im asuming small kids <10 , no way.
    I 2nd that kids shouldnt be allowed in cinemas.
    why no children in a cinema? If your watching a disney film then expect children. But if your watching an 18 rated film then yeah, no children. Seriously, some of you act as if children are the scum of life and are just annoying pricks.

Next thing you will say is NO CHILDREN IN HOSPITALS NOR PARKS..

ReputationRep:
    im a waiter in a pub/restaurant place and let me tell you, kids are evil! they run around and scream and do whatever they want, most of the time, the parents dont even care either. Wake up parents, a pub isn't a nursary!

ReputationRep:
    Child-friendly ones can be a great place for kids, I'm talking the ones with the huge gardens with a great standard play area and an indoor wacky warehouse type area, so they would be good to go to for a meal and then let them play. And they would really enjoy it too. I'd never take them into a pub unless we were eating.

I always see this woman and her baby in the same pub (a local one, which couldn't be less child friendly) and it's just really mean, usually just strapped in its pram looking rather neglected.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.