Turn on thread page Beta

Realistic weight loss targets.. watch

Please keep anon or delete.

Hiya, I currently weigh 17 stones and I'm a size 18. My realistic goal is to weigh around nine stones and size 10/12.

I want to lose around two to three stones for November, is this possible and has anybody got any tips?

Are these targets realistic..

November - 15/14 stone
    March - 12 stone
    June - 9 stone

Thanks for any tips and advice (please don't make nasty comments about my weight ) xx

ReputationRep:
    no way, you're too fat for those targets. omg 17 stones, shocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epic_scale)
    no way, you're too fat for those targets. omg 17 stones, shocking.
    What an arse! Don't listen to him hun, you can do anything you want to, just plz don't starve yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Drink water instead of coke/fizzy drinks, and whenever you feel like a snack chew some gum. If you put your head down im sure you can reach those targets.

How tall are you? Size 18 seems quite small for your weight, I'm basing this on me being a 14 at 11.5 stone and knowing that if I were to gain a stone I'd be a size 18. I don't think you'd have to lose quite as much as you think, however instead of aiming for actual weights I'd aim for dress sizes, in which case a year to lose 3/4 dress sizes seems pretty realistic

ReputationRep:
    Definitely possible but don't over do it - you want to aim for about 2lbs a week but obviously you'll lose alot more than that to begin with! I lost 3.5 stone last year in about four months at the beginning of last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    What an arse! Don't listen to him hun, you can do anything you want to, just plz don't starve yourself!
    stfu, this is no place for caring idiots like you, irresponsibility gets you fat, its fact, truth hurts.

ReputationRep:
    Those are realistic targets providing you...

Stop eating, fatty!

ReputationRep:
    I think those sound pretty realistic although your goal for November might be a bit too sudden, you don't want to lose weight too quickly or you'll find you're not getting enough nutrients etc.

I guess as far as tips goes, just the usual.. 3 meals a day, light exercise, drink plenty (obviously not milkshakes etc.)
    Don't weigh yourself too frequently otherwise you'll find yourself disappointed - weight fluctuates for a number of reasons from day to day, it doesn't necessarily mean you're gaining.
    I always find it best to keep your mind busy so you're not thinking about the next thing you'll eat.
    Don't be afraid to treat yourself, there's no need to avoid certain foods like cake, just make sure your intake is coming to around 1600-2000 calories (don't worry about counting them neurotically, just make sensible food choices!)

Ok, sorry for rambling, good luck! x

Well I don't know my exact weight tbh as our scales are crap lol and we have two scales and one says I'm 15 1/2, one says 17...I wear size 14,16,18 clothes so And I only ever shop in Topshop, Primark and New Look so I don't do plus size clothes or anything lol

(Original post by lei_armstrong)
    Definitely possible but don't over do it - you want to aim for about 2lbs a week but obviously you'll lose alot more than that to begin with! I lost 3.5 stone last year in about four months at the beginning of last year.
    How did you do it? If you don't mind me asking

I really want to get down to about 9 stone but I don't know what exercises are best, especially cos I'm worred about saggy skin and stuff :confused:

ReputationRep:
    stfu, this is no place for caring idiots like you, irresponsibility gets you fat, its fact, truth hurts.
    She's trying to lose weight you little ******! Putting people down never helped anyone. If that's the case then you must be ******* huge!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Eat healthily, (approx 1500 cals per day) Include PLENTY of fruit and vegetables, and water!!
    Try to walk a lot more, briskly, as i imagine the size you are now if you start running you may exert yourself, just take things steadily.

Above all BE PATIENT!! I cannot stress this enough.

Losing approx 2 lbs per week you could lose maybe 25-30lbs by November, however, you will lose a lot of weight to begin with, and this will gradually slow down throughout your regime.

Just keep at it, when you start to see results this will motivate you even more.

I'm not just making this stuff up, last year I lost approx 5 stones in around 11 months.

Good Luck. It's not easy, but it's not impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    She's trying to lose weight you little ******! Putting people down never helped anyone. If that's the case then you must be ******* huge!
    just shut up, and deal with it, whether you like it or not

ReputationRep:
    Size 10/12 will be more like 10 0r 11 stones.

ReputationRep:
    just shut up, and deal with it, whether you like it or not
    "truth hurts"?? does it hurt to realise that you're a heartless bas***d?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well I don't know my exact weight tbh as our scales are crap lol and we have two scales and one says I'm 15 1/2, one says 17...I wear size 14,16,18 clothes so And I only ever shop in Topshop, Primark and New Look so I don't do plus size clothes or anything lol
    You're a size 18 and you shop in topshop? How'd you manage that? I'm a size 12 everywhere but topshop never has anything that fits me.
    Are you sure you're an 18?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceri02)
    "truth hurts"?? does it hurt to realise that you're a heartless bas***d?
    if thats a problem for you, shut up deal with it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    If you look to lose around half a stone each month (the healthy amount) then it is possible but you'd need to be very clean with your diet/training.

Maybe post your progress in the blog section, good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark1711)
    Hey,

Eat healthily, (approx 1500 cals per day) Include PLENTY of fruit and vegetables, and water!!
    Try to walk a lot more, briskly, as i imagine the size you are now if you start running you may exert yourself, just take things steadily.

Above all BE PATIENT!! I cannot stress this enough.

Losing approx 2 lbs per week you could lose maybe 25-30lbs by November, however, you will lose a lot of weight to begin with, and this will gradually slow down throughout your regime.

Just keep at it, when you start to see results this will motivate you even more.

I'm not just making this stuff up, last year I lost approx 5 stones in around 11 months.

Good Luck. It's not easy, but it's not impossible.
    everything that was said in this post. :yes:

Dont aim for more than 2lb per week and deffinitely do not starve yourself - 500 cals above your BMR (can be calculated online) is what many suggest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

How did you do it? If you don't mind me asking

I really want to get down to about 9 stone but I don't know what exercises are best, especially cos I'm worred about saggy skin and stuff :confused:
    I cut down the amount I ate on a daily basis and was really strict with it. To begin with I also substituted lunch with a Slimfast Shake. The main thing that helped though was that I went to the gym or played squash at least 4 times a week! I'm trying to lose a few more stone again now and have just started back on my diet so if you need support feel free to message me x

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.