Turn on thread page Beta

Realistic weight loss targets.. watch

ReputationRep:
    If your diet is pretty unhealthy at the moment then get that sorted first, eat three healthy meals a day, cut out unhealthy snacks, make better choices (skimmed milk instead of full fat, diet coke instead of regular, ect) and you should start to see a difference. If your diet is already pretty good then it's probably your portion sizes that are the problem so using smaller plates often results in eating less and therefore losing weight.

Start moving around a bit more as well, walking instead of using the bus, ect and maybe taking up running or cycling if you can't afford/don't want to join a gym. Basically just make gradual changes during your daily life rather than going on a crash diet and you'll make start making progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epic_scale)
    just shut up, and deal with it, whether you like it or not
    Deal with what you retard? Im not the person in question...I think you should just grow up "whether you like it or not" (what are you, 12?)!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    Deal with what you retard? Im not the person in question...I think you should just grow up "whether you like it or not" (what are you, 12?)!!!
    yh i knew you were a retarded, thanks for letting me know. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epic_scale)
    yh i knew you were a retarded, thanks for letting me know. :yes:
    oh wow, now it seems that im dealing with someone that doesn't even understand english...i pity you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    oh wow, now it seems that im dealing with someone that doesn't even understand english...i pity you.
    funny enough, I'm waiting for the results of my asylum application, :woo: got that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anon or delete.

Hiya, I currently weigh 17 stones and I'm a size 18. My realistic goal is to weigh around nine stones and size 10/12.

I want to lose around two to three stones for November, is this possible and has anybody got any tips?

Are these targets realistic..

November - 15/14 stone
    March - 12 stone
    June - 9 stone

Thanks for any tips and advice (please don't make nasty comments about my weight ) xx
    Aim for a pound a week (so for you at a goal of 84lbs you're looking at 84 weeks). Obviously at the beginning you will lose more, but try see that as a bonus than expecting it to happen as there will inevitably be some instances when you end up gaining weight for whatever reason. In my personal experience I lost 12lbs in 6 weeks, went on holiday for 3 weeks, gained 2.5 pounds, so now I've lost 9.5lbs in 9 weeks, which I hope illustrates how easy it is to stray from a goal :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceri02)
    Drink water instead of coke/fizzy drinks, and whenever you feel like a snack chew some gum. If you put your head down im sure you can reach those targets.
    Or wires her fat jaw shut?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.