Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    everyone hot girl has an ugly friend

ReputationRep:
    Ok look how I see it... I think that we tend to attract or be attracted by people who all in all look pretty much as we are... and i explain.. What we originally notice when we meet a new person is his/her appearance... this new person will look more familiar to us if his/her appearance approaches in 'level' (lets put it that way) to ours... And now I will take the risk to explain my argument... because of the fact that we see ourselves in the mirror daily combined with the love we show to ourselves and perhaps a bit self-esteem each one of us may has for hiself, we tend to compare other people's appearance by the most known 'model' we have in our minds which is not other than ourselves.. I could extend it much more but i suppose i will leave it til there...

ReputationRep:
    Ok look how I see it... I think that we tend to attract or be attracted by people who all in all look pretty much as we are... and i explain.. What we originally notice when we meet a new person is his/her appearance... this new person will look more familiar to us if his/her appearance approaches in 'level' (lets put it that way) to ours... And now I will take the risk to explain my argument... because of the fact that we see ourselves in the mirror daily combined with the love we show to ourselves and perhaps a bit self-esteem each one of us may has for hiself, we tend to compare other people's appearance by the most known 'model' we have in our minds which is not other than ourselves.. I could extend it much more but i suppose i will leave it til there...

ReputationRep:
    People often commented on how my friends at school were all basically equal in terms of attractiveness. I'd say I have a wider spread of attractiveness amongst my friends now, but that's mostly due to college introducing me to so many more people. I'd say it's true to an extent, in my experience. You could see clear differences in attractiveness between groups at school (ignoring the fact it's all subjective for now). I'd like to know why it happens like that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.