Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HEllo people,

it turns out im gonna be stayin in hurn house which at first i was pretty pissed cos i was desperate for purbeck..and i applied really early too!!

but no matter, ive got round to the idea and quite like the fact there's alot of people on one floor so at least its not gonna be boring. Just wondering if anyones going there as well and for people who are staying/stayed there what they really think of it...the stuff the brochures dont tell you..good and bad.

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    hey man,
    yeah urns out im in hurne house aswell although im studying at tailbot campus. not sure how far away it is but shouldnt be too bad. Im gona be doing the computer visualisation and animation couse. What about you???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystroman)
    HEllo people,

it turns out im gonna be stayin in hurn house which at first i was pretty pissed cos i was desperate for purbeck..and i applied really early too!!

but no matter, ive got round to the idea and quite like the fact there's alot of people on one floor so at least its not gonna be boring. Just wondering if anyones going there as well and for people who are staying/stayed there what they really think of it...the stuff the brochures dont tell you..good and bad.

thanks.
    hiiya (:
    yeah i applied for purbeck and was gutted when i got offered hurn house!
    Then i thought about it for a bit and have really changed my mind! Ive heard some bad stuff and that its not the nicest place but i bet its gonna be so fun with loads of people, it sounds like its a laugh. I really wanna find out what its like from someone whos actually lived there though.
    im so excitttted
    what you studying?

Sophie

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats exactly what i'm thinking..i'm liking the idea of living with lots of people and plus were within staggering next to the old firestation..you never know we all might be on the same floor!.btw i'm doing media and communication..what bout you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly its in a perfect location aha :P
    ive read quite a bit of stuff on here about it and turns out people have a wicked time living there so im all for it. Plus ive realised how much money is gonna be saved by not getting into purbeck

Im doing media and communication tooooo! Guess ill be seeing you there !!

when are you moving in? I think im gonna go on the 20th aaaaah 4 weeks today so exciting

Sophie

ReputationRep:
    haha same accomodation same course..we definitely need to get a drink on freshers week!..yeah im going on the 20th too..cannot wait either!!... although those shared bathrooms arent sounding too appealing right now lol

btw have you got facebook..if so add me..alex valerio

ReputationRep:
    yeahh i have, i typed in your name but have no idea which one to add? theres loads of your name aha which one are you?

ReputationRep:
    lol..i'm the guy with no top on raving, kind of crouching with a girl in the photo as well..hope that narrows it down..i think its the first one but maybe thats just because its on my facebook..

ReputationRep:
    found ya (:

ReputationRep:
    Staying at Hurn too, studying Tourism Management. Wasn't my first choice of accommodation but it's in the town centre, close to a Wetherspoons and the Old Firestation, as well as the beach. All that matters really lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey ,

Im staying at the hurn aswell

tried purbeck and failed which i was annoyed about for about five minutes then read reviews about how good hurn house is and the ammount of good social qualities it has..

soo now im very excited about moving in !

anyone else studying business at talbot ?

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, yeh i was the same, gt rejected from purbeck but now im well up for hurn alhtough ive heared mixed reviews, i like the idea of it bein small so we'll all no each ova i suppose. shud be wicked tho proper excited! HURN BABY HURN!!

ReputationRep:
    its gonna be wickkkkkedd im well excited now

ReputationRep:
    I'm not staying in hurn house but was just interested, did anybody who is staying there actually apply for hurn house or is it just a reject choice for everyone?!

ReputationRep:
    I put Hurn as an 'insurance' choice but my first choice was Purbeck.

Out of interest, what day is everyone turning up?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.