Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So yeah, got my student loan stuff through the post, and despite clicking "income assess me pl0x" (mainly because I'm living with partner away from home (sadly under 3 years exactly) and my mother isn't a massive earner etc) and even though they've sent the income assessment form to my mother, I get the "SIGN PLZ" form in the post today with non-income assessment stuff, no maintenance grant, just the basic student loan and basic maintenance loan.

So erm, how does one go about fixing this?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah stupid student finance england are doing this to lots of people because they're stupid. Give them a ring.

ReputationRep:
    Sign it and send it. Theyll income assess you later

ReputationRep:
    You've been non-income assessed in this instance because you don't qualify for income assessed by supplying your partner's income.

To go on a partner, you must be classed as independent. You said yourself it's not the case, so you really need to get your mother to fill in a PFF1 form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Yeah stupid student finance england are doing this to lots of people because they're stupid. Give them a ring.
    I sentence them to a thousand kicks in the face. >:C

(Original post by MHSJunior)
    Sign it and send it. Theyll income assess you later
    Are you sure about this? I'm paranoid if I send it now they'll be all like THATS WHAT YOU AGREED TO AND THATS ALL YOUR GETTING HA HA UP YOURS

(Original post by Taiko)
    You've been non-income assessed in this instance because you don't qualify for income assessed by supplying your partner's income.

To go on a partner, you must be classed as independent. You said yourself it's not the case, so you really need to get your mother to fill in a PFF1 form.
    Thats the thing, I've said to be income assessed from my mother (parent divorce) and she's had the form sent to her and she's gonna send it back but I dunno why they've just sent it non-income assessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xexxhoshi)
    I sentence them to a thousand kicks in the face. >:C

Are you sure about this? I'm paranoid if I send it now they'll be all like THATS WHAT YOU AGREED TO AND THATS ALL YOUR GETTING HA HA UP YOURS

Thats the thing, I've said to be income assessed from my mother (parent divorce) and she's had the form sent to her and she's gonna send it back but I dunno why they've just sent it non-income assessed.
    Because they won't income assess it until they have her info. I just didn't send it back until they sent me a new one where they'd counted my dad's info.

ReputationRep:
    i'm confused too! i don't want a maintenance loan but they're giving me one? i haven't been assessed yet though
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Student Finance = lol.

If you have any queries, phone them. They **** up on a very regular basis. It's probably their fault.

For what it's worth, this didn't happen to me, but I've heard of it happening to a lot of people this year.

ReputationRep:
    So yeah, got my student loan stuff through the post, and despite clicking "income assess me pl0x" (mainly because I'm living with partner away from home (sadly under 3 years exactly) and my mother isn't a massive earner etc) and even though they've sent the income assessment form to my mother, I get the "SIGN PLZ" form in the post today with non-income assessment stuff, no maintenance grant, just the basic student loan and basic maintenance loan.

Sign it and send it back to them.
    They are assessing most people on a 'none-income' basis at the moment to guarantee atleast some loan money in September.
    They are going to assess you on an income basis in some weeks time and this may not be done until August, September or even a little later, so you may receive your grant etc later but you will still receive it. Four advisors have now confirmed this to me.
    IF YOU DO NOT SIGN THE CONTRACT AND SEND IT BACK TO THEM THEN THEY WILL CLASS YOU AS NOT AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF YOUR LOAN AND THEREFORE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY LOAN. REMEMBER THAT THEY CAN RE-ASSESS ANYBODY WHO PROVIDES THEM WITH NEW INFORMATION OR HAS A CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCE WITHIN 9 MONTHS OF YOUR COURSE STARTING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomDut)
    Sign it and send it back to them.
    They are assessing most people on a 'none-income' basis at the moment to guarantee atleast some loan money in September.
    They are going to assess you on an income basis in some weeks time and this may not be done until August, September or even a little later, so you may receive your grant etc later but you will still receive it. Four advisors have now confirmed this to me.
    IF YOU DO NOT SIGN THE CONTRACT AND SEND IT BACK TO THEM THEN THEY WILL CLASS YOU AS NOT AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF YOUR LOAN AND THEREFORE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY LOAN. REMEMBER THAT THEY CAN RE-ASSESS ANYBODY WHO PROVIDES THEM WITH NEW INFORMATION OR HAS A CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCE WITHIN 9 MONTHS OF YOUR COURSE STARTING.

agree with this person sign it and send it of they'll reassess yu once they got your mum paper...my application mothers evidence got hold up so they assessed me non income...so i had to sign the terms and conditions but there gonna reassess me

ReputationRep:
    Ah, goodo then. I shall sign it and pop it in the post asap then.

(I think I got lucky, considering I applied mid-july and got it this quick >_> )

ReputationRep:

lol ***** u got mofoing rickrolledz

ReputationRep:
    It happened to me. What pisses me off is that if we made a mistake and didn't pay them what was right, we'd be in serious legal trouble >C. Just ring the ***** up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hey guysch im kl)
    lol ***** u got mofoing rickrolledz
    old meme is old.

(Original post by SpiritedAway)
    It happened to me. What pisses me off is that if we made a mistake and didn't pay them what was right, we'd be in serious legal action >C. Just ring the ***** up.
    Gotta love those public government bodies, huh. If we don't pay tax we stand to be arrested but the amount of tax-dodging the upper echelons do is ridiculous.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.