Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive got clip in hair extensions and they used to look really good and real and then i had my hair cut and got some short layers and how they look really fake becuase of my short layers.
    Just wondering if anyone has any tips to make hair extensions look a bit more real?

ReputationRep:
    hmm im not sure i personally find clip in ones always are quite noticable. if u wear exactly the right amount - some peopel wear too little and its just like rats tails hanging out of the bottom whereas some peopel wear way too many and it looks like theyre wearing a wig. try and cut them so the difference isnt so great between then length of the extensions and the length of your actual hair. sorry im not much help although i sure they look fine

ReputationRep:
    how long are your extensions compared to your real hair? If theres a big difference maybe cut them slightly? I took mine to my hairdresser and she did them for me.
    Also when i had clip in extensions i found that if all my hair was sleek looking they blended in better, so maybe invest in some hair serum.
    It's hard to reccomend what to do without being able to see you, but my best advice is ask your hairdresser as she will be able to advise you alot better than i can! I miss my hair extensions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph708)
    how long are your extensions compared to your real hair? If theres a big difference maybe cut them slightly? I took mine to my hairdresser and she did them for me.
    Also when i had clip in extensions i found that if all my hair was sleek looking they blended in better, so maybe invest in some hair serum.
    It's hard to reccomend what to do without being able to see you, but my best advice is ask your hairdresser as she will be able to advise you alot better than i can! I miss my hair extensions
    My extensions arent very long, probs about 14-15 inches because i cut loads off them.
    I paid £100 for them becuase i bought 2 packets but its just now i have short layers so i have my layers then it just goes straight down.
    Ive tried loads of differnet styles but cant seem to find any that work.

ReputationRep:
    Trim them. DON'T chop them.

It really is best to use human hair extensions that are the exact colour, I know it sounds kinda scary and they are quite expensive but they really look a lot more realistic and don't get bushy. You can curl and straighten human hair extensions too! And they don't shrivel up into 'rat tails' like most synthetic extensions do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    Trim them. DON'T chop them.

It really is best to use human hair extensions that are the exact colour, I know it sounds kinda scary and they are quite expensive but they really look a lot more realistic and don't get bushy. You can curl and straighten human hair extensions too! And they don't shrivel up into 'rat tails' like most synthetic extensions do.
    i have real human hair extensions, and i got my hairdresser to cut them for me.

ReputationRep:
    waves to your hair will make he difference in texture/straightness less obvious. i see so many girls with hair not quite as straight as the extensions, or clearly of a different texture and it looks terrible. the extensions you put at the top of your head, cut them shorter so they're in between layers and extension length.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessbecky)
    i have real human hair extensions, and i got my hairdresser to cut them for me.
    Oh. Right.
    Try cutting them again? I can't really help you much, sorry. I have no idea what they look like.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.