Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so, how do I approach a checkout girl I like at my local supermarket!!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

When i've been down the local supermarket, there's this checkout girl who i've noticed a few times. Today, a chance arose to be served by her, all was going fine, until she made some sort of mistake on the till, and then a mate of mine who works at the store came over, and started asking me questions...not knowing he was working I sent him a text, so this kind of didn't go to plan as I couldn't speak to the girl.

Next time I go in the store, how could I speak to her...just dont know where to go from here, because of the convo with my friend.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i got this one down.

Buy a packet of condoms, then when she scans them say "Wonna use these with me?". Then she will run away with you.

ReputationRep:
    You could get your mate to set something up somehow. Like all get together one day as a group and get to know her from there

ReputationRep:
    Get your friend to to tell her that you would like to give her one.

ReputationRep:
    with a trolley full of johnson's baby oil and a bumper pack of condoms, that'll get the conversation going...

ReputationRep:
    Or you could buy like a cucumber and a packet of condoms. Then say "Hey, if i don't satisfy you you could always use this!"

ReputationRep:
    "Hey! Please can you help me. Where can I find ...."

ReputationRep:
    Buy something. Put a post-it note on it next to the barcode saying "Drink?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickford)
    Buy a packet of condoms, then when she scans them say "Wonna use these with me?". Then she will run away with you.
    This

ReputationRep:
    Get friendly with her and have a chat with her everytime you go in, and then after a while mention something you are doing that night/weekend with friends, and casually ask her if she fancies coming.

DON'T go in and buy something and then hand them a note asking for a date after barely talking to them. Don't find out their facebook/msn somehow and then add them and be creepy, whilst pretending you don't know who they are whenever you go in the shop. I've had both of those tactics used on me before and they have the opposite effect to the one desired.

ReputationRep:
    Girl on checkout + Shy guy asking for advice = Multiple condom jokes. That's TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Buy something. Put a post-it note on it next to the barcode saying "Drink?"
    No! No props, it shows you have thought about it before going in and would seem excessively keen and a bit creepy.

ReputationRep:
    i have found her on fb, but i'm deffo not going to add her because that would be really creepy as has already been said!

ReputationRep:
    Buy lost of stuff, for like 200 quid or something. That gives you time to talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    You could buy like 50 loaves of bread, and spell out on the little checkout "I like you". She'll be so impressed by your artistic bread talent, she'll mount you there and then.

ReputationRep:
    Get in the line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    No! No props, it shows you have thought about it before going in and would seem excessively keen and a bit creepy.
    He has thought about it? Not just thought about it, posted a thread about it on TSR. Now, that's keen. Okay ... I guess the only option is to ask her?

After paying for your products, ask her how much it would cost for her to checkout aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her to show you where the milk is :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    Excuse me, i think we know how women think >.> We are TSR.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.