Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a high waisted bikini to hide my tummy on holiday but I can't find a decent one anywhere! I have googled it so many times, with so many variations but I haven't been able to find anything really! I'm prepared to pay up tp £60 if I have to but probably no more than that! Does anyone know where I can find one? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    One-piece?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Mix-An...t=-1&clr=Black

http://www.asos.com/Cosabella/Cosabe...t=-1&clr=Print

?

ReputationRep:
    I often find that high waisted clothing (paticularly swimwear), accentuate one's stomach, rather than hiding it.

ReputationRep:
    I actually quite like the second one - but you still have to be skinny and lean to pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    I often find that high waisted clothing (paticularly swimwear), accentuate one's stomach, rather than hiding it.
    And bum! I learnt about the bum bit the hard way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmerald)
    Holy crap! Who the flip do you think you are?! I'm a size 10! I'm just not comfortable with wearing a bikini becasue I don't like my tummy! But I'm not losing weight for you, you ********!
    That's TSR for you, sadly.
    I saw Katy Perry wearing a Matthew Williamson one that he'd designed for his H&M range and I know they do a couple more, think you'll just have to look around. I love high waisted bikinis

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

EDIT: That link ended up so long!

ReputationRep:
    How about a Tankini ?

ReputationRep:
    Just do a tankini?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    And bum! I learnt about the bum bit the hard way.
    I was wearing high waisted jeans and I caught sight of my bottom in a shop window and was not pleased :no:

ReputationRep:
    high-waisted bikini pants will only accentuate your stomach and bum, you should go for a tankini or swimsuit. if you're willing to pay £60 then you can find some gorgeous swimsuits!

ReputationRep:
    wear a swimsuit or a tankini as this covers your body

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    I was wearing high waisted jeans and I caught sight of my bottom in a shop window and was not pleased :no:
    :console: I had a very similar experience. Never again have I worn my high waisted trousers with the top tucked in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoif_)
    That's TSR for you, sadly.
    I saw Katy Perry wearing a Matthew Williamson one that he'd designed for his H&M range and I know they do a couple more, think you'll just have to look around. I love high waisted bikinis

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

EDIT: That link ended up so long!
    That pic is what gave me the idea! I saw it in a magazine and LOVED it!
    I don't even know why I bother posting on this forum anymore! It just makes me angry! I know that high waisted things really flatter my shape. Tankinis make me look massive and I don't really want a one-piece for lying on the beach, so I posted asking for ideas of where to get high wasited bikinis. And all I got in return was wear a tankini or swinsuit you fat mess! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I know. The perils of TSR, eh? :rolleyes:
    I love that bikini too but only saw it WHILST on holiday so it was a bit useless :p: Hope you manage to find one, just keep looking over the next couple of weeks whenever you go shopping Where are you going, by the way?

ReputationRep:
    :puke: it's the swimsuit equivalent of granny knickers

ReputationRep:
    That pic is what gave me the idea! I saw it in a magazine and LOVED it!
    I don't even know why I bother posting on this forum anymore! It just makes me angry! I know that high waisted things really flatter my shape. Tankinis make me look massive and I don't really want a one-piece for lying on the beach, so I posted asking for ideas of where to get high wasited bikinis. And all I got in return was wear a tankini or swinsuit you fat mess! :rolleyes:
    jeeez were were just giving you some friendly advice! about 2 people made a "fat comment", the rest were just stating how unflattering high-waisted clothes are. if it suits your figure, then your belly must be flat, therefore just wear a bikini.
    and i feel i should mention that wearing a high waisted bikini will give you the worst tan lines, since it sounds like you plan on sunbathing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    jeeez were were just giving you some friendly advice! about 2 people made a "fat comment", the rest were just stating how unflattering high-waisted clothes are. if it suits your figure, then your belly must be flat, therefore just wear a bikini.
    and i feel i should mention that wearing a high waisted bikini will give you the worst tan lines, since it sounds like you plan on sunbathing?
    This is what is annoying me. I didn't ask anyone to tell me what to wear, I said this is what I am going to wear, can you help me find one. I don't want to wear a bikini and so I'm not going to. Whether I look good in it or not is irrelevant as I don't feel comfortable in them. I also don't want to wear a tankini or a swimsuit.

I don't tan.

ReputationRep:
    Burk-ini?

ReputationRep:
    This is what is annoying me. I didn't ask anyone to tell me what to wear, I said this is what I am going to wear, can you help me find one. I don't want to wear a bikini and so I'm not going to. Whether I look good in it or not is irrelevant as I don't feel comfortable in them. I also don't want to wear a tankini or a swimsuit.

I don't tan.
    i see your point, but you were asking for fat jibes when you said it was to hide your stomach. anyway.. i did a search for retro swimwear and found some, what sort of style did you have in mind? eg. halterneck, patterned etc.

the best i can find is this website - http://www.forluna.co.uk/
    all the others seem to be a bit grannyish, american or too expensive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.