Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I used to go out with this guy for two years when I was 16 til I went away for university and we agreed to go our separate ways because of the long distance. I moved back home last september and at christmas time there we got back together (bear in mind this was two years after we first broke up). Things were going ok but we split up a month ago because he didnt want a relationship right away! The thing is we are still very good friends and probably always will be!

I now have a new guy who I am interested in and is keen on me too...I dont know if I should go out with him or if Im not being fair to him if I do because I know I still have feelings for my ex.
    I dont know if this is how you get over someone or not and really dont want to hurt this guy as he is very nice!!

I have it in my head though that me and my ex will get back together (he has a lot going on in his life at the min, family members being sick and wat not!)

I just dont know what to do and dont want to mess anyone about!

ReputationRep:
    Personally i think it is better for you to be in a better palce before you think about having a new relationship, as you are going to be not in the best state of mind with the new guy and there is potential to hurt him (not saying you would) I would take some more time, there is all the time in the world to move on, there is also no rush, he was a large part of your life he cant be jsut forgotten about.

Just take some time to yourself and concentrate on moving on, this may envolve the guy that you have met, but make sure you are in the right place mentally to consider a new relationship.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt go back with the ex.

yeh I know I was thinking that, it wouldnt be very fair but some people are telling me that to get over him is to move on...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.