Turn on thread page Beta

who is your current favourite comedian? watch

• View Poll Results: who is your current favourite comedian?
    Jimmy Carr
    14.94%
    Alan Carr
    10.39%
    Lee Evans
    9.09%
    Al Murray
    0.65%
    Sean Lock
    5.19%
    Jason Manford
    9.09%
    Frankie Boyle
    29.87%
    Hugh Dennis
    3.90%
    Russell Howard
    16.23%
    Dara O'Brain
    16.23%
    Michael Mcintyre
    35.06%
    Andy Parsons
    1.30%
    Other: please tell me.
    24.03%

ReputationRep:
    I think Michael Mcintyre has been built up so much, his appeal will start to sag soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Stewart Lee, Bill Bailey and Dylan Moran, none of whom you've mentioned for some wholly unaccountable reason.
    The ones i mentioned are personal taste, and most other people seem to agree. I could'nt mention every current comedian due to the max 16 choices allowed, and most importantly because it would'nt be worth it. I belive the ones I have mentioned apart from Al Murray, are the top comedians around at the moment, Dylan Moran ive never heard of, i wonder why? Bill Bailey since he left Never mind the Buzzcocks, ive lost intrest. and Stewart Lee is half decent but would'nt make it onto my list. sorry.

ReputationRep:
    time for mock the week in 4 mins, to see some of these great comedians in action.

ReputationRep:
    Glenn Wool.

'nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflynn)
    The ones i mentioned are personal taste, and most other people seem to agree. I could'nt mention every current comedian due to the max 16 choices allowed, and most importantly because it would'nt be worth it. I belive the ones I have mentioned apart from Al Murray, are the top comedians around at the moment, Dylan Moran ive never heard of, i wonder why? Bill Bailey since he left Never mind the Buzzcocks, ive lost intrest. and Stewart Lee is half decent but would'nt make it onto my list. sorry.
    You've never heard of Dylan Moran? :sad:
    Have you not seen Black Books? Moran and Bailey Awesomeness! :coma:

Sean Lock :yep:

Follwed by Frankie Boyle.

ReputationRep:
    chris rock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflynn)
    The ones i mentioned are personal taste, and most other people seem to agree. I could'nt mention every current comedian due to the max 16 choices allowed, and most importantly because it would'nt be worth it. I belive the ones I have mentioned apart from Al Murray, are the top comedians around at the moment, Dylan Moran ive never heard of, i wonder why?
    Yeah; and Flo Rida is more talented than King Crimson.

Bill Bailey since he left Never mind the Buzzcocks, ive lost intrest. and Stewart Lee is half decent but would'nt make it onto my list. sorry.
    Stewart Lee is the most gifted comedian alive; Bill Bailey isn't far behind. If you honestly think that anyone you've mentioned thus far (with the possible exception of Al Murray) comes near to this:

You must be clinically insane.

ReputationRep:
    GRRRRR no females in your poll!!! :mad:

Jo Caulfield
    Sarah Millican
    Shappi Khorsandi
    Ava Vidal

And i voted Frankie Boyle and Russell Howard. I also quite like Jon Richardson, Mark Watson and Jason Manford.

ReputationRep:
    Michael McIntyre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Russell Howard. I saw his live stand up show and it was amazing! Saw him after in the signing and he was really nice as well :p:
    He's brilliant, but always works the same material to death before finding new stuff.

I voted Russell Howard, Michael Mcintyre, Frankie Boyle and Jason Manford.

Also, for me Steve Hughes and Steven K Amos would be on the list, especially Amos. Oh and Bill Bailey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    GRRRRR no females in your poll!!! :mad:

Jo Caulfield
    Sarah Millican
    Shappi Khorsandi
    Ava Vidal

And i voted Frankie Boyle and Russell Howard. I also quite like Jon Richardson, Mark Watson and Jason Manford.

sorry about the females, i kinnda forgot. :facepalm: :spank: Shappi Khorsandi :adore:

Marcus Brigstocke.

Without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winniepig)
    YOU are my new favourite comedian.
    Thanks. :shy2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saab_101)
    He's brilliant, but always works the same material to death before finding new stuff.

I voted Russell Howard, Michael Mcintyre, Frankie Boyle and Jason Manford.

Also, for me Steve Hughes and Steven K Amos would be on the list, especially Amos. Oh and Bill Bailey.
    That's true, in the past few episodes of Mock the Week he has told jokes from his tour! In the stand up rounds as well he has just said tour stuff :p: I don't mind though, it's still funny the second time round
    Michael Mcintyre is also great, I'm going to see him in October!

ReputationRep:
    Jack Dee and Russell Howard.

HATE Frankie Boyle.

ReputationRep:
    I picked a few, but if pressed for one, I'd say Sean Lock

ReputationRep:
    Dara O'Brian (hope that's the correct spelling), He is so talented at improvising in his stand-up gigs the way he makes jokes no matter what people say is absolutely genius! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    That's true, in the past few episodes of Mock the Week he has told jokes from his tour! In the stand up rounds as well he has just said tour stuff :p: I don't mind though, it's still funny the second time round
    Michael Mcintyre is also great, I'm going to see him in October!
    DAMN U

ReputationRep:
    Michael McIntyre!!

Though you've got to love Jimmy Carr on 8/10 Cats...so funny!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.