The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I see nothing wrong with adults watching cartoons. I watch Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park and American Dad. I also love Ed, Edd and Eddy!....sheer hilarity. My kids are currently watching Tom and Jerry Tales on Boomerang...and so am I.
Reply 21
Anyone with a functioning brain can see that cartoons are a great way to put out political commentary, clever satire and brilliant entertainment.

If I saw an 18 year old watching Mona the Vampire then I might be a little weirded out.
Reply 22
I love me
If you saw someone over 20, who has a full time job and perhaps a family of his own watching cartoons like the simpsons, south park, futurama etc - would you be more likely to join him or frown and shake your head in disapproval?

Who decides what to watch based upon what other people would think of them for watching it ?

Watch what you enjoy watching.
I pity whoever thinks cartoons are bad. Good things are good forever and in all circumstances, for everyone. Cartoons are just one of them.

Haha, what kind of stuck-up miserable person would "frown upon" someone because they watched cartoons? If anything, they're jealous they lost their beautiful inner child.
no, those kind of cartoons are made for adults. If i knew a 40 year old guy who watched tom and jerry every night, i might think he was a tad strange. But each to their own
el scorcho
if he was watching the simpsons, then no, I wouldn't, that's awesome... I'd pull up a chair next to him in fact

anyone over the age of 25 still watching family guy would be kind of embarassing

family guy is made for adults, it has adult humour and adult themes. It's made for any adult with a sense of humour and i know plenty of older people that watch it...
Reply 26
Of course it's alright! Everybody still has some part of their inner child :smile:

Whenever people tell me that watching cartoons is childish, I just remind them that they were made by adults :biggrin:
Reply 27
I watch Spongebob a lot, because it's so silly and random, just my sense of humour :biggrin: Plus it's on at about 10pm for an hour, so it must be aimed at adults :wink:

Waterboard them in Guantanamo for this disgusting offense?

Ofcourse it's acceptable?! Who gives a damn what people watch :colonhash:
Why stop watching cartoons if you enjoy them? :s-smilie:

I know loads of older people that like watching these cartoons, including my dad and even at times my grandma! :p:
Reply 30
This thread is mental. Cartoons like The Simpsons and South Park are for adults. South Park in particular is quite obviously not a children's show. Not that I think that matters either, I'm 22 and I'm watching Transformers right now :teeth:
Reply 31
Family guy FTW.
Why wouldn't it be acceptable? Because society says so?

Latest