Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok, I'm 18 and i am a Japanese guy. So i was in a rush to my mates house before we went out and in this path this chav girl starts talking to me after she waved to me in a friendly way when we were crossing the road.

I was in a hurry and so i kinda fobbed them off. I could then tell she was taking the piss by saying her mate wanted my number because i wasn't really listening to her. Could i have handled it better cos they were walking my way and i overreacted by basically telling them to **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, if they were mocking you then they can just go and die somewhere. Don't worry about it. Chavs:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Any mistreatment of chavs couldn't be handled better to be honest!
    I really hate it when they pretend to be nice but you can see they are just mockin!

ReputationRep:
    It's passed - I would honestly just forget about it now.

(Original post by preciousmemory)
    Any mistreatment of chavs couldn't be handled better to be honest!
    I really hate it when they pretend to be nice but you can see they are just mockin!

As i have my gf that i was going to see (and which was why i was in such a hurry) she said 'you can tell your gf can **** off then'. Basically there is no respect at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    Nah, if they were mocking you then they can just go and die somewhere. Don't worry about it. Chavs:rolleyes:
    Offtopic but who is that man in your sig he's yummy

(Original post by Longorefisher)
    It's passed - I would honestly just forget about it now.

Seriously though, it's always the teenage mums that have something against me in a racist way. She was asking why i was living in a ******** like my town and asking why my name wasn't some funny name like 'gashsfsfq' or something (my name is dave). I got really pissed off and i feel that i was being a **** because i feel sorry for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Seriously though, it's always the teenage mums that have something against me in a racist way. She was asking why i was living in a ******** like my town and asking why my name wasn't some funny name like 'gashsfsfq' or something (my name is dave). I got really pissed off and i feel that i was being a **** because i feel sorry for them.
    You probably feel a **** because you think that you are coming down to their level. However, some people cannot be reasoned with and it is that type which thinks that frosty politness is very rude - however it is actually a way of limiting conversation politley. You shouldn't feel bad though - their mis-informed views stem from a lack of education where they would have been taught to challenge everything and not accept the racist views of the BNP and the Sun newspaper (When times are extreme- some poor thinkers will turn to the extremes!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    Offtopic but who is that man in your sig he's yummy
    Hehehe, he is called Seth Lakeman. He's a folk music artist from Dartmoor. HANDS OFF HE'S MINNEEEE!!!

Hehe, no seriously though, he's brilliant, if you are into that sort of music. It's like folk music but electronic and has a modern twist. Check him out. He's bloody gorgeous as well! I got a birthday kiss of him!!!! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Its happend now, so i would just forget about it, nothing that you can do. If you know they were mocking you and taking the piss, they didnt deserve much more then you did.

ReputationRep:
    girls tell guys to **** off, whats so bad about doing it back

(Original post by Longorefisher)
    You probably feel a **** because you think that you are coming down to their level. However, some people cannot be reasoned with and it is that type which thinks that frosty politness is very rude - however it is actually a way of limiting conversation politley. You shouldn't feel bad though - their mis-informed views stem from a lack of education where they would have been taught to challenge everything and not accept the racist views of the BNP and the Sun newspaper (When times are extreme- some poor thinkers will turn to the extremes!)

I get what you're saying and i totally understand. But they were only around 16 and are not representative of the population. But I have seem some very racist women in Newcastle (I live in Durham) and some of the stuff they say is disgusting (e.g. they told this guy he had ethiopian arms and threw their kebabs at him). Is Newcastle representative of the country though because i'm moving to London for University.

ReputationRep:
    I get what you're saying and i totally understand. But they were only around 16 and are not representative of the population. But I have seem some very racist women in Newcastle (I live in Durham) and some of the stuff they say is disgusting (e.g. they told this guy he had ethiopian arms and threw their kebabs at him). Is Newcastle representative of the country though because i'm moving to London for University.
    Seriously lol-age taking place. Let's just leave it at a big NO.

ReputationRep:
    u shud of slapped her aswell! haha!
    also loadsa ppl love assuming that every Oriental person is Chinese!!! It's like they never heard of Japanese, Korean or Vietnamese!!! grrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    Not representitive of the country at all. To be fair, I wouldnt even say that was representative of Newcastle. Most of the people I've met from Newcastle have been very nice people.

You may well find London is far more multi-cultural though.

ReputationRep:
    I would have laughed it off to avoid confrontation, but i really hate chavs, and would have probably said a really mean comment later, so no, you handled it just fine.

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought Durham would have been worse to be honest. The standard of local seems a little lower than in Newcastle, where there are a few idiots but they can generally be avoided.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.