Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is it very important to be there for it?
    and is it really like u find loads of friends there?
    I probably wont be able to be there for the first week
    will I miss out on much?

ReputationRep:
    It's the first time you'll meet people. You won't make friends in the first week but it's still vitally important to be there.

ReputationRep:
    what sort of things happen at freshers?! im so excited but have no idea what to expect - complete uni newbie! ha ha

ReputationRep:
    I think you do need to be there really. It'd be a shame if you missed it, as people do tend to settle down and stick to what they know after Fresher's Week! Still, you'd have a chance of getting on with your flatmates/corridor neighbours so probably wouldn't be the end of the world. And there's always societies. The squash (for signing up to socs) is usually on the ending weekend of Freshers week, so if you're back for that then you could sign up to get involved with stuff for the following week?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.