Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all!
    I'm new here
    I've been looking all over for advice and came across TSR and wondered if anyone can help?

I'm currently in my last year studying a foundation degree in early years, after my last year im considering doing an extra year ontop to gain a full BA Hons degree. However i have no idea what the hell i can do with this degree!!
    Im fed up of hearing i can be a teacher, or manage a nursery. I've spoken to my tutor, my mentor, called local places for advice and no-one can seem to help me.

I'd like to work with special needs.
    My 2 questions are: Is there a job at hospital working with special needs children in some way? and what can i actually do once i've gained this degree?

If anyone has any advice or help i'd be so grateful!
    Many many thanks in advance.
    Faerie! x

ReputationRep:
    there is many things you can do with your degree, employers are looking that you can assimilate information really and stick with something. My degree is a BSc (Hons) Equine Breeding and Stud Management and I intent to apply for the NHS Grad scheme! If you really want to work with special needs children, write to local place and ring/call in to see how they got the jobs. You don't have to be a teacher but you never know how you may feel in a few years time. I think you may need on the job training for the type of work you are looking for - maybe ring up or arrange a visit to special nneds schools in your area?
    sorry i'm not much help

tracey

ReputationRep:
    Hows about trying GOSH or some other paediatrics hospital? They are always in need of help, or so I believe...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.