Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello all!
    I'm new here
    I've been looking all over for advice and came across TSR and wondered if anyone can help?

    I'm currently in my last year studying a foundation degree in early years, after my last year im considering doing an extra year ontop to gain a full BA Hons degree. However i have no idea what the hell i can do with this degree!!
    Im fed up of hearing i can be a teacher, or manage a nursery. I've spoken to my tutor, my mentor, called local places for advice and no-one can seem to help me.

    I'd like to work with special needs.
    My 2 questions are: Is there a job at hospital working with special needs children in some way? and what can i actually do once i've gained this degree?

    If anyone has any advice or help i'd be so grateful!
    Many many thanks in advance.
    Faerie! x

    there is many things you can do with your degree, employers are looking that you can assimilate information really and stick with something. My degree is a BSc (Hons) Equine Breeding and Stud Management and I intent to apply for the NHS Grad scheme! If you really want to work with special needs children, write to local place and ring/call in to see how they got the jobs. You don't have to be a teacher but you never know how you may feel in a few years time. I think you may need on the job training for the type of work you are looking for - maybe ring up or arrange a visit to special nneds schools in your area?
    sorry i'm not much help


    Hows about trying GOSH or some other paediatrics hospital? They are always in need of help, or so I believe...
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2010
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.