Turn on thread page Beta

What would you text back to this? watch

Please keep anon or delete.

Basically, went on a girly holiday, one of the girls originally booked to stay one week but she then made it two. Turns out she only paid to change her ticket details and got away with paying about £80 less for the holiday than everyone else. She didn't tell us, we found out from the invoice.

My friend text her the other night saying we all want the money back and the friend in question replied saying she can't afford, and if we want it then ask for it ourselves rather than getting her to ask for us all.

Now..My friend who text her, she's text us all saying we should ask for it back and "don't fall for her excuses saying she can't pay it back". Tbh, I'm not really bothered as it's only like £12 each and I think it's a bit petty! I know for a fact though that I'll get accused of 'sucking up' to her and that I 'daren't ask for the money'.

What would you say to the friend who's saying we should ask for it back? I haven't replied atm, I just know that if I say I'm not that bothered, she'll say I'm greasing up to her!

Hope that makes sense. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ignore it

ReputationRep:
    Say you're not bothered. I can't see what the girl has done wrong tbh.

Yeah, it's just I feel really rude if I ignore texts :redface: My friend is being so petty though, for the sake of £12! How silly.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to stfu. Honestly. If YOU want the money back, then ask the other girl yourself. If you don't then just text her saying something like 'I'm not bothered about it and she can keep the money if she says she can't pay it back, but I'll still talk to her about the lying.' As presumably, you're a bit pissed off with that.

ReputationRep:
    text "cba"

ReputationRep:
    On principle you should ask for the money back, but if this person is telling the truth that she cant afford it maybe some leinience towards her might be the best option. Dont text back if your not bothered but becareful in the future.

ReputationRep:
    It was a bit tight of her to get away with paying £80 less but there's not much you can do. Remembering that anyone owes you less than £20 is embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day its completely up to you. If you really don't care about the money then its not worth ruining a friendship. And to the friend thats telling you to ask for it back it really is none of her business, just tell her its between you and your friend and you'll sort it out in your own way.

ReputationRep:
    W.T.F.
    Why on earth should this girl 'pay back' money?! She doesn't owe any of you anything - if her ticket worked out a bit cheaper, that's her good fortune and nothing to do with any of the rest of you. Tell the jealous ***** who's asking for money to piss off.

ReputationRep:
    If she can't pay it back, then that's that really? Surely if your other friend was in the same position she wouldn't be so blunt about getting the £12 back, or if she's really the other girl's friend then she could be a tad more understanding about her money trouble..

If you don't feel bothered by it, then simply say you can't be bothered to fuss. If you do want the money back, agree for the girl to pay you all back in bits, as and when she can afford it.

ReputationRep:
    say 'i understand why you want your money back fro her but im not that bothered about the money tbh'

ReputationRep:
    I would be annoyed that she wouldn't pay everyone back, I hate stingy people who try to do their friends out of money. But if you're not bothered about the money, tell your other friends that - you shouldn't be scared of what they'll say, they're your friends!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Remembering that anyone owes you less than £20 is embarrassing.
    I remember 50p debts for many moons.

ReputationRep:
    Send her a picture message of your middle finger.

ReputationRep:
    Lol girls...getting emotional over the silliest of things

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.