Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so my loan information came through and I'm very confused about it. I'm sorry if I should have put this somewhere else!

So, this is what I've been told:

Maintenance loan:
    Basic loan: 3,564
    Plus Loan subject to income assessment: 1,386
    Less loan substituted for grant: £553
    Less assessed contribution to living costs: £0
    Maximum loan available: £4,397
    Loan to be paid: £4,397

Supplementary Grants
    Maintenance Grant: £1107

My question is- what do I actually get? I get the maintance loan and grant bit- but what about the supplementary grant? Do I get that money on top of everything else?

So do I get £5,000 odd, or do I only get the £4,000 odd?

Any help would really help me out! Neither my brother or sister have been to uni- so I don't have anyone to ask.

ReputationRep:
    Loan to be paid: £4,397 + Maintenance Grant: £1107
    =£5504

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    Loan to be paid: £4,397 + Maintenance Grant: £1107
    =£5504
    Thank you! I was really confused! I wasn't sure if the grant just got taken away from what I owed, so I just had to pay back less, but didn't get that on top. That's a real relief as my accommodation comes to almost £4,000 and I need to be able to eat on top!

ReputationRep:
    I could be wrong, it took me ages to interpret that way, which makes some vague sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    I could be wrong, it took me ages to interpret that way, which makes some vague sense.
    Let's hope not!

I wish they put it a little more simply.

ReputationRep:
    You will be getting this: £X of which you will have to pay £X back.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.