Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't honestly see what good it would do my bringing it up again, they clearly are either blanking it out or denying it. I was pretty flipping scared earlier to be honest with you, and I think my mum might lose it if i bring it up again.
    I am so sorry and embarassed for Grace though, she's such a nice person, and I'll never understand how they could be so vile to her. My dad called her a prostitute, just out of the blue, and started asking if it was a good job, and how much work she gets. I mean wtf???
    If you think you can get them to realise how upsetting their actions were then I'd bring it up, if not then I can understand why you'd want to just leave it (as I said in the previous post). Has your gf seen your parents since? What has she said about it?

ReputationRep:
    I've only read the first page, but I can't believe they just denied it like that. To be honest it's incredibly disrespectful. Maybe it's worth writing them a note explaining what exactly they said, the way people reacted and how it was out of line. The fact they were drunk and don't remember really isn't good enough - they wouldn't let you get away with that excuse I bet!

(Original post by haz220807)
    If you think you can get them to realise how upsetting their actions were then I'd bring it up, if not then I can understand why you'd want to just leave it (as I said in the previous post). Has your gf seen your parents since? What has she said about it?
    No, she hasn't. She's coming round later though, so will probably stay for dinner (mum always invites her!). Grace hasn't said much about it since our chat about me leaving home. I think she's a bit uncomfy with coming round today though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No, she hasn't. She's coming round later though, so will probably stay for dinner (mum always invites her!). Grace hasn't said much about it since our chat about me leaving home. I think she's a bit uncomfy with coming round today though.
    I reckon she will be. I'd judge your next step based on how this evening goes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.