Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in love with this but (a) expensive (b) it looks a bit weird. Treating myself to a new rucksack for University. Looked at the Jansport Mini Trinity - colours available aren't really my taste :o: . I like black or blue (but not together - damn, I'm picky). In this rucksack I would need to fit - phone, wallet, 10in netbook, a4 pad of paper, tiny pencilcase, calculator. No files or anything, and I'm looking for a slim rucksack that will still fit all this stuff in.

Any suggestions muchly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    When it rains wouldn't your laptop get wet?

ReputationRep:
    Water-resistant apparently. I believe it slips inside and zips up, the slidy-out thing is just for show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luser)
    Water-resistant apparently. I believe it slips inside and zips up, the slidy-out thing is just for show.
    Ohhhhh. Ok.

I can't help though, I've never seen anyone with a bag like that before, why not just use a bigger one - you'll need it for carting books to/from the library.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do that - as a Psych student I either own books or read journals online... Lucky really :P

ReputationRep:
    have you tried department stores? what about brands like 'roxy', they tend to have "stylish" rucksack style bags, but everything i can think of is probably too large..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, is the problem. Just incase anyone had seen anything like it. The best I can think of is the 5L/10L daysacks sold by hiking stores, but they tend to be weirdly shaped...

ReputationRep:
    Everything I can think of is too big, a bog-standard rucksack is too big whilst something like a hydration pack (suits the small, slim requirement) but they would be too small to fit an A4 pad in. Crumpler might make something to suit but they are extremely expensive.

ReputationRep:
    I found the bag above for £44, free next-day shipping. Worth it? Even ordinary backpacks are about £30 these days (decent ones)

ReputationRep:
    Ended up getting it for £35, free shipping. What a bargain!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.