Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I have a Bachelor degree in Business Management (BBM, *** Laude) with a double major in Marketing and Corporate Communications. I want to now specialize further in Marketing with my Masters degree. I have the following offers and would like suggestions / advice and info. on what would be the best choice, based on
    - Job prospects
    - Business School ranking and reputation; not only in the UK, but even in the EU and outside Europe
    - Overall student experience

1. University of Glasgow - MSc Strategic Marketing
    2. University of St. Andrews - MLitt Marketing
    3. University of Strathclyde - MSc International Marketing

I know that the University of Glasgow and the University of St. Andrews are very well ranked and well known as universities, but how good are the respective Business Schools and would it be prestigious to do a Marketing degree from these? On the other hand, I know that Strathclyde is known for its business degrees, but do people outside UK know the name of this university?

The location / night life / etc. of any place don't matter as much to me as the recognition and quality of the university and its education.

Has anyone studied Marketing at any of these universities before? Any comments?
    Which one should I pick and why?

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I know very little about the courses and the other universities, but there is an FAQ thread stickied in the St Andrews forum which might be interesting in terms of what it is like to study there. I posted some links to people's 'student experiences' and on the atmosphere of the town, which be relevant. At the moment, that's the last post in the thread.

I'm sorry that I'm not more informative :o: I'm not sure if there are any people who lurk in the St Andrews subforum who might have more helpful comments, but if you don't here anything in this thread, it might be worth having a look in the more specific subforums and seeing if anyone knows.

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP has posted this question in numerous places, it's been answered elsewhere. I think the mods should maybe close/merge the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0404343m)
    I think the OP has posted this question in numerous places, it's been answered elsewhere. I think the mods should maybe close/merge the others.
    Ahh, yeah, you're right. I definitely wouldn't make another one for any more forums then, OP

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.