Turn on thread page Beta

"...Western society will either die out or be Islamised" watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    So are you saying that the war today in Iraq & Afghanistan is not a consequence of 9/11 at all?
    No. I'm saying that identifying some murderers and saying the Western world is just as bad as these murderers because they went to war is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myiesha_90)
    no... I'm pretty sure religion is going to die out soon enough... Some muslims tried to convert me in year 7 but they thankfully stopped being such ***** later on... One of them is now an atheist and the other gets pissed every other night but wears a headscarf whenever her mums around because she's pretty scared of her... Besides I think you're forgetting about the equal amount of kids in this country that are from a muslim background and are becoming westernised themselves... This thread is a farce... the world is getting westernised through globalisation... not the other way around!
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stainluss)
    Yep.

Were only angry when its the muslims bomb trains and blow up planes.

Oh wait! The Roman Catholics dont do this (and if they did they wouldn't use their religion as a scapegoat if they did)

Also, I have nothing against 96% of the Muslims, who are normal people who respect other people. The reason i am writing this comment is due to a large number of mosques teaching hate against the west IN the UK:eek: Cheeky Ba5tards:eek3: They should be hanged.
    Abu Hamza was a notable example, but there are many more, not as extreme, but just as dangerous.

For the other 96% who believe in respect of others (especially a country which has taken them and their families in from the middle east)
    i say youre welcome here
    I am only angry when white people go around in gangs beating people up, i am only angry when black people shoot and stab people. I think you will find these violent crimes are a much greater threat to your safety yet the threat of terrorism is exagerated simply because it is perpetrated by Muslims.
    I do not worry about being in a terrorist attack i however worry when a group of drunk white men are around me or a group of black men at night.... Curiously you don;t see this as the same threat.

You will also find Roman Catholics led a terrorist campagin against the UK, do you remember the IRA? So you're wrong. However there was not such rampant anti catholic sentiment at that time. Its simply because you're a vicious racist.

Its idiots like you who are so racist towards young muslim men which in turn makes them hate the west. Many of these men are born here and grew up experiencing extreme racism and they grow alienated and want revenge.
    You are as much the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    Bro, regarding your post to Stainluss:

Understood.

What i was trying to put across (in the 1st post)Is that only the 3/4% of muslims that belive in extremism are poisonous

I dont have a problem with any of the others, they are as entitled to walk the streets as everyone else

The only sort of extremist the media refer to is th terrorist which i suppose shine a bad light on it.

No i dont think that was me.. I have a few muslim friends and we rarely talk about religion but i certainly wouldnt be against them.
    I know they are nice, genuine people
    Post #189 / 191

Judge, let's not be argumentative and get angry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    No. I'm saying that identifying some murderers and saying the Western world is just as bad as these murderers because they went to war is stupid.
    So the western world is not as bad as the terrorsits who blew up the twin towers? So killing a few hundered in America is much worse then killing hundreds of thousands in the middles east?

There was a mini argument in this thread about muslims being terrorists. So i said that the westen world deciding to throw a war on terror by going into afghanistan and iraq is not justafiable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    Thank you for proving that you’re not able to dispute any of my previous points in my ‘essay’ as you put it. Again you prove that you are unable to actual engage in a debate of relevance but attempt to pick on very small points in order to portray yourself as some form of intelligent life form. In any case it seems that I had pasted my points about the burkha to you. You would have been able to pick that out if again you read everything being said in this argument and did not just pick and choose.
    Why would I even dignify a lazy, pasted argument with a response? It had no relevance to my simple request.

I did not ‘heckle’ as you put it. I was merely stating a fact. Your point about the onus being on me to provide evidence is completely irrelevant by your own doing. You said you had read ‘most’ of his points which clearly indicates some form of attempt to look for the comments I am talking about. Just because you did not do a very good job it doesn’t mean that my claims are ‘invalid’ I am not ‘vehemently’ refusing to do anything. If I was then why would I be stupid enough to ask you to look for the comments yourself? I think that is a logic fail on your behalf.
    If you are looking for a person who fails to grasp even the most basic of logic, look no further than the mirror. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence will be aware that when they make an allegation against someone, they will be required to provide evidence to support such a claim, unless you are unaware of slander, and its legal and social implications? I could find no evidence to reinforce your allegation within his posts that I have seen within this thread, thus I simply asked for you to enlighten me, yet you responded with insults and impertinence. If I brandished you a 'homophobe', would you accept such a stigma if I failed to reinforce it with evidence?

Making your posts a little clearer and a little less dramatic will stop any confusion later on.
    That's rich, coming from a person who responds to a simple request with hysteria and rudeness.

I’m sorry but in that respect all you had to do was read all his posts and not just ‘most’ and then respond. Instead you decided to launch into a ‘omg how is he a racist omg omg’ all the while openly admitting you did not have all the information.
    If you engaged your brain and read my post correctly, I responded merely with 'How is he a racist?'. Hyperbole will not reinforce your argument.

Rule Britannia said and I qoute‘multiculturalism is incompatible with democracy’
    Multi-culturalism is the poison, those of an alien culture residing in the UK are part of that process
    Your infantile argument finally crumbles at this point. Being an opponent of multiculturalism (government induced social engineering) certainly doesn't render you a 'racist'.

Something tells me that you lack the capacity to provide a credible argument, thus resort to overused, emotional insults like 'racist'. Your pseudo-intellectualism is laughable, considering your posts are riddled with fallacies and language which is reminiscent of playground discourse. Clearly, you have nothing constructive to indulge in other than igniting arguments on an internet forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    A much more likely scenario is that westernisation through the development of capitalist-consumerism will spread among all major societies across the globe, including Muslim ones, in the next century or so. Indeed it's possible to see the current flaring of Islamic extremism as a reaction to, and thus evidence of, the degree to which western secularism and pluralism are penetrating and transforming traditional Islamic societies.
    Oswy for once I (at least partially) agree with a point you make. The West is indeed perhaps the noisiest part of our planet, and its influence has been in the past century or so pernicious to the traditional Arabic way of life - one of the most conspicuous example being the influence of modern Western architecture imposing itself upon the traditional Islamic city. We should not be blind to the fact that groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood were formed in reaction to the Westernization of North Africa. It follows that the West should do what it can to moderate the effects of Globalization.

However, I would argue that the Marxist view blinds us to the cultural vacuum we are now experiencing in the West, Roger Scurtons remark that our civilization will either die out or be Islamised should, I believe, be taken seriously; as should the question of which fate is worse.

***Something I feel has been extensively ignored on this thread is that fact that Islam is fundamentally incompatible with democracy; and the fact that the traditional Islamic way of life (in its pure form) does not acknowledge the legitimacy of the state or secular law***

A proper discussion of its place in Western society cannot ignore this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forbidden Fruit)
    Why would I even dignify a lazy, pasted argument with a response? It had no relevance to my simple request.

If you are looking for a person who fails to grasp even the most basic of logic, look no further than the mirror. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence will be aware that when they make an allegation against someone, they will be required to provide evidence to support such a claim, unless you are unaware of slander, and its legal and social implications? I could find no evidence to reinforce your allegation within his posts that I have seen within this thread, thus I simply asked for you to enlighten me, yet you responded with insults and impertinence. If I brandished you a 'homophobe', would you accept such a stigma if I failed to reinforce it with evidence?

That's rich, coming from a person who responds to a simple request with hysteria and rudeness.

If you engaged your brain and read my post correctly, I responded merely with 'How is he a racist?'. Hyperbole will not reinforce your argument.

Your infantile argument finally crumbles at this point. Being an opponent of multiculturalism (government induced social engineering) certainly doesn't render you a 'racist'.

Something tells me that you lack the capacity to provide a credible argument, thus resort to overused, emotional insults like 'racist'. Your pseudo-intellectualism is laughable, considering your posts are riddled with fallacies and language which is reminiscent of playground discourse. Clearly, you have nothing constructive to indulge in other than igniting arguments on an internet forum.

This is what I mean by the dramatics. There is a clear distinction between brandishing someone a homophobe with a baseless claim and calling someone a racist when they themselves have made a comment along the lines of ‘ If you ain’t white you ain’t right’
    I was not speaking with any sort of hysteria. How dare you say I was do you know the social and legal implications of such a comment? ( see what I did there)I think it’s perfectly justified to respond to someone and their supporters in the same tone that they addressed me. Calling me ‘poison’ set the tone. :rolleyes:
    I am actually talking about the point after that. It is pretty obvious but then again you do have a habit of picking and choosing what you want to read.
    Lollollollol and double lol at denying that he is not a racist. Government induced social engineering? I’m sorry but did you expect that to be taken seriously? The fact that he believes people who are not ‘British’ and his definition of British is not someone who was born and bred here and therefore the obvious logical conclusion is that he his interpretation of ‘British’ is white people, should not be in this country is actually racist. Good luck with trying to convince yourself that he is not and his argument still stands after such gems like these...
    ‘As a Muslim you clearly belong to a different culture so your claim to be part of the British nation falls flat on its face. No racism there.’
    As someone has already pointed out that is glaringly obvious racist undertone.

Multi-culturalism is the poison, those of an alien culture residing in the UK are part of that process’
    Oui cause not having the right heritage means you instantly bring down this countries demise whereas is if everyone was 'British' it would all be fun and games.
    ‘I do think that multi-culturalism undermines the right of British people’
    Oh ya cause someone who is not white but has lived here all there life and has a British passport does not belong in this country as they are not the ‘right’ skin colour to do so.

He is free to say whatever he wants about religion (bearing in mind common decency) as that should not be exempt from critique however I fail to see the leap between Islam and Multi-Culturalism.
    :Rolleyes: I was actually challenging a bigoted view regardless of whether that is on the internet or in RL I think it’s actually something commendable. I suggest you develop some social skills and then come back and analyse me. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Stop being so paranoid people! Western society won't die out, it will merely evolve. A century ago, western society was a lot different, and over the years it evolved into the society which we live in.

I don't believe western society will be islamised, however not at least for a few hundred years. My reasoning behind this is that people in their masses are turning away from Christianity and masses of people are turning to Islam. Fair enough if you want to remain secular or of a different religous faith, but as people we must be aware that over the next few centuries many people will turn towards religion (as well as many people turning away from it.

However crazy people thing Islam (or religion in general) is, it will be something which will remain till the end of the world as we know it. We just need to learn to live our lives and let others do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    I am only angry when white people go around in gangs beating people up, i am only angry when black people shoot and stab people. I think you will find these violent crimes are a much greater threat to your safety yet the threat of terrorism is exagerated simply because it is perpetrated by Muslims.
    I do not worry about being in a terrorist attack i however worry when a group of drunk white men are around me or a group of black men at night.... Curiously you don;t see this as the same threat.

You will also find Roman Catholics led a terrorist campagin against the UK, do you remember the IRA? So you're wrong. However there was not such rampant anti catholic sentiment at that time. Its simply because you're a vicious racist.

Its idiots like you who are so racist towards young muslim men which in turn makes them hate the west. Many of these men are born here and grew up experiencing extreme racism and they grow alienated and want revenge.
    You are as much the problem.
    :p: :p: :p: :p: Im not a vicious racist:cool: :yes:
    The IRA never used their religion as a scapegoat, simply the freedom of 6 counties in NI... some of the IRAs founders were protestant (eg Wolfe Tone)

Id stick to what i know about if i was you mate

Who are you to say i am not worried about getting shot or stabbed by drunk groups of males??, I never said that doesnt happen.

The UK is a dangerous place and this usually doesnt involve religion.

I was simply refering to the title of this post (were talking about Islam and the post which i replied to in that post.)

It makes me sick to see people of any race bullied by those pr1cks (eg BNP skinheads)

I am saying in recent history, 99% of terrorists are Islamic, and i dont feel enough is being done by the 97% of Muslims who arent terrorists to stop this.

They would be saving the reputation of their own faith.

ReputationRep:

I am saying in recent history, 99% of terrorists are Islamic, and i dont feel enough is being done by the 97% of Muslims who arent terrorists to stop this.
    What do you expect Muslims to do? The government spend billion on counter-terrorism, Muslims can't match that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    What do you expect Muslims to do? The government spend billion on counter-terrorism, Muslims can't match that.
    Not in that sense.

More people of authority in their faith should be speaking out against this regularly. Preach love, not hate...

If these b4stards are such devout muslims the may take heed:confused:

ReputationRep:
    what a load of tosh

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't care if society becomes islam-ised, I'm perfectly happy being Catholic....so persecution is pretty normal for Catholics over the past four hundred years - nothing will change then :P

ReputationRep:
    Not in that sense.

More people of authority in their faith should be speaking out against this regularly. Preach love, not hate...
    This already happens.

If these b4stards are such devout muslims the may take heed:confused:
    No they are estranged from the Muslim community.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    No they are estranged from the Muslim community.
    Not all of them.

MI5 said theyre were at least 20 rogue imams in the UK...

Good to hear the terrorists are estranged though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    Stop talking nonsense. Racism and sexism aren't the same thing at the core.

Some sexism is good. For example, having toilets for men and different toilets for women is clearly sexist (i.e. discriminating on the basis of sex) but it is a good rational kind of sexism or discrimination.
    How ironic to say I'm talking nonsense. And to tackle your example, having separate toilets is not discrimination. If one sex had no toilet at all, that would be discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)

:rofl2: Oh please, everyone knows that bible belt propaganda is just as bad as the bile that the Islamic radicals spew. You are just as bad as each other.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    The fact that he believes people who are not ‘British’ and his definition of British is not someone who was born and bred here and therefore the obvious logical conclusion is that he his interpretation of ‘British’ is white people, should not be in this country is actually racist.
    I'm confused by your stance here. Are you pretending there is no such thing as a British ethnic group?

If for example, I moved to China I would be a citizen of the Chinese state but I would never be Chinese nor would my children because being Chinese is an ethnic designation. That does not detract from the fact that my children would be citizens of the state. You seem incapable of making this distinction.

The worse racism I come across is the denial that there is even an ethnic group belonging to the British isles. People of African descent can have an ethnicity, people of Indian descent can have an ethnicity- but according to you people of British descent just don't exist. Anyone can apparently be British.

All this is a detour however as I personally have no problem with someone's skin colour - it is just my view that importing people with different value systems is not compatible with a democracy that recognises self-determination of nations. I oppose Islam because I feel its alien values conflict with British ones. I could not care less what colour Muslims are - I have as much a problem with a blonde blue eyed Norwegian Muslim as I do with someone from the middle east. It's neither here nor there as it is British culture that I treasure.

I noticed earlier someone claiming tolerance and diversity were defining traits of British culture. If you honestly believe that then you have no grasp of the history - not even modern history - of the British people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    :rofl2: Oh please, everyone knows that bible belt propaganda is just as bad as the bile that the Islamic radicals spew. You are just as bad as each other.:rolleyes:
    Well, for one I don't encourage the stoning of homosexuals, the degradation of women to the level of animals, murder on London's tubeline and New York's skyscrapers, banning alcohol, cutting hands off for stealing and expansionism. So your comparison there is an utterly hyperbolic and disrespectful low blow. Maybe you should just admit that you're an anti-British racist, just concede the fact that is quite obviously true. You want all other peoples to progress, but hate your own. It's so bleeding obvious. And it's also fairly obvious that you only treat this as "bible belt propaganda" because it isn't compliant with your own "bile". By the way, although it may not be evident in the all-white, Christian, upper-middle class area you probably live in, in the real world, people do realise that Islam is a growing problem and want it dealt with. Your MTV/Rotfront/"viva la revolucion"/tight Che Guevara t-shirt nonsense has absolutely no pragmatic grounding. Roflcopter. :teeth:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.