Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"...Western society will either die out or be Islamised" watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    How ironic to say I'm talking nonsense. And to tackle your example, having separate toilets is not discrimination. If one sex had no toilet at all, that would be discrimination.
    No, completely and utterly wrong.

To discriminate is to make a clear distinction or to distinguish. That's why a "discriminating" person is someone who chooses their friends wisely and doesn't make friends indiscriminately (i.e. being friends with anyone).

Here's a definition for you:

"1. To perceive the distinguishing features of; recognize as distinct: discriminate right from wrong.
    2. To distinguish by noting differences; differentiate: unable to discriminate colors.
    3. To make or constitute a distinction in or between: methods that discriminate science from pseudoscience."

As you can see discrimination isn't inherenty bad but only irrational discrimination is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stainluss)
    Not all of them.

MI5 said theyre were at least 20 rogue imams in the UK...

Good to hear the terrorists are estranged though

Out of hundreds maybe even thousands of imams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    No, completely and utterly wrong.

To discriminate is to make a clear distinction or to distinguish. That's why a "discriminating" person is someone who chooses their friends wisely and doesn't make friends indiscriminately (i.e. being friends with anyone).

Here's a definition for you:

"1. To perceive the distinguishing features of; recognize as distinct: discriminate right from wrong.
    2. To distinguish by noting differences; differentiate: unable to discriminate colors.
    3. To make or constitute a distinction in or between: methods that discriminate science from pseudoscience."

As you can see discrimination isn't inherenty bad but only irrational discrimination is.
    You're completely missing the point we were debating. You say racism and sexism are not equivalent. I say they are. You say racism is bad, but sexism is good. I say any kind of discimination is bad. (The meaning of discrimination in the psychological context is: refusing someone service/attacking someone on the basis of a trait/situation they cannot control)

Surely if I choose my friends not to be rapists doesn't mean I'm disciminating against rapists, psychologically. But yes, literally. However, this is not language we're talking about, it's society and psychology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Out of hundreds maybe even thousands of imams.
    On a different note, how many churches and Anglican priests are there in Saudi Arabia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    On a different note, how many churches and Anglican priests are there in Saudi Arabia?
    You propose we become as religiously intolerant as the Saudis?

ReputationRep:
    . Maybe you should just admit that you're an anti-British racist, just concede the fact that everyone knows is true.
    Wait, let me get this straight. According to you, by not discriminating against other races and cultures, i discriminate against my own? :lolwut:

You want all other peoples to progress, but hate your own. It's so bleeding obvious.
    Well NB, unlike you i have actually served my people and my country for the last 5 years of my life in the Armed Forces which included two operational tours, tell me.... What have you done for your country young man?

By the way, although it may not be evident in the all-white, Christian, upper-middle class area you probably live in, in the real world, people do realise that Islam is a growing problem and want it dealt with. Your MTV/Rotfront/"viva la revolucion"/tight Che Guevara t-shirt nonsense has absolutely no pragmatic grounding. Roflcopter. :teeth:
    Again your assumptions are incorrect, i have travelled extensively around the world including 7 months in the Middle East at the heart of Islamic culture. It's funny that you accuse me of living in an all white christian upper-middle class area, when you are from GUERNSEY, how white can you get eh? As a matter of fact i live in south west London, one of the most ethnically diverse areas in the country......

So who has done more for his peoople and his country NB? Me or you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Wait, let me get this straight. According to you, by not discriminating against other races and cultures, i discriminate against my own? :lolwut:
    Well no, it's not because of that. Considering you want some sort of odious "global culture" and to destroy national boundaries, while never making ANY positive reference to your own when it's a case of pitting two against each other (which unfortunately come up some times) then yes. Every post you make points to some embedded dislike for anything British.

Well NB, unlike you i have actually served my people and my country for the last 5 years of my life in the Armed Forces which included two operational tours, tell me.... What have you done for country young man?
    I'm not talking about actions. Your comments have been more than telling. For all I know you could've served in the Armed Forces to satisfy your own urges instead of your country's (which you don't even want to exist).

Again your assumptions are incorrect, i have travelled extensively around the world including 7 months in the Middle East at the heart of Islamic culture. It's funny that you accuse me of living in an all white christian upper-middle class area, when you are from GUERNSEY, how white can you get eh? As a matter of fact i live in south west London, one of the most ethnically diverse areas in the country......
    For one, you got the wrong island. Second, I spent less than half of my time on that island. And third, your time in the Middle East and among Islam means, well, nothing really. AND I don't exactly see what relevance this has to the demographic trends.

So who has done more for his peoople and his country NB? Me or you? :rolleyes:
    Simple fact is that you'd have served in greater European - or global - armed frrces just as you would the British Armed Forces. Doing a job doesn't negate the fact that you hate the nation-state and would prefer it destroyed in favour of globalisation.

ReputationRep:
    :wtf:

Seriously, no one cares. Why is it that you must push your anti-Islam agenda at nearly every post?

ReputationRep:
    A few observations after reading this thread:

1. This topic in general is absolutely fascinating
    2. Some people need to stop masking themselves with pretty language, assumptions, stereotypes and bigotry and embrace the real issues.
    3. Some people need to stop dissmissing points or trying mock the people making them just because they don't agree.

Please continue sensible discussion by all means, but don't let childish name calling or unfounded ***** get in the way of a very good debate.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Well no, it's not because of that. Considering you want some sort of odious "global culture" and to destroy national boundaries,
    Globalisation is inevitable, and in my view detrimental to the future of the human race. You clearly find this larger view as a little too much to comprehend, so i excuse you for becoming confused and labeliing me a racist.

I'm not talking about actions. Your comments have been more than telling. .
    Well NB, in most cases 'actions speak louder than words'. It's just funny that you call me anti-British and yet between the two of us, i am the one who has put my life at risk for my country. You can accuse me of self interest until the sun goes down, but the fact remains.

. And third, your time in the Middle East and among Islam means, well, nothing really. AND I don't exactly see what relevance this has to the demographic trends.
    Well my time in the Middle East enables me to see through all the venom and bile and hatred you post with regards to those who follow Islam on this forum, regardless of demographics.

Simple fact is that you'd have served in greater European - or global - armed frrces just as you would the British Armed Forces.
    Who do you think you are? I took incredible pride in the insitution in which i served, i partook in the traditions and pagantry of which you sit at your desk and get hard over, and i saluted the queen whom you imply i hate... Is everyone but you a traitor to Britain NB? Or maybe you are just delusional.

Doing a job doesn't negate the fact that you hate the nation-state and would prefer it destroyed in favour of globalisation.

I have never said i hated the nation state, i have merely stated as above, that i believe Globalisation is inevitable and detrimental. It does not mean i want it to happen tommorow or next year. Unlike you NB i like to think of things in the long run, rather than worrying whether there will be any muslims living in my leafy suburb when im older, as you seem to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limon Fanta)
    A few observations after reading this thread:

1. This topic in general is absolutely fascinating
    2. Some people need to stop masking themselves with pretty language, assumptions, stereotypes and bigotry and embrace the real issues.
    3. Some people need to stop dissmissing points or trying mock the people making them just because they don't agree.

Please continue sensible discussion by all means, but don't let childish name calling or unfounded ***** get in the way of a very good debate.

:awesome:

THANKS INTERNET POLICE :yy:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Soon as someone says something constructive they get shot down. Gotta love TSR.

ReputationRep:
    That's fine humble citizen :yes:

Now bend over while I insert my truncheon inside you :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Islam is a poison in Western society.
    In any society*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    You're completely missing the point we were debating. You say racism and sexism are not equivalent. I say they are. You say racism is bad, but sexism is good. I say any kind of discimination is bad. (The meaning of discrimination in the psychological context is: refusing someone service/attacking someone on the basis of a trait/situation they cannot control)

Surely if I choose my friends not to be rapists doesn't mean I'm disciminating against rapists, psychologically. But yes, literally. However, this is not language we're talking about, it's society and psychology.
    First of all I never said sexism was always a good thing just that there are situations were it is rational to discriminate on the basis of sex. I can't think of examples for racism but there may be some.

You seem to have accepted my literal definition but you're still clinging on to the view that all discrimination is bad.

First of all racism and sexism are not the same thing, one is about race and the other about sex.

And yes you are disctiminating against rapists in your example but it is clearly a rational or justified form of discrimination as rapists are bad people and not suitable to be friends.

And your definition of "psychological discrimination" (whatever that is supposed to mean) is very vague.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    We will not be the Islamic Repubic of Great Britain. Get over it.

/thread

Bring on Ayotollah Brown!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    In any society*
    I wouldn't go that far lol. It may be offensive. I agree it has some bad elements at present but we cannot brand Islam; the religion itself as the etiology of all this. Its some of the people that follow it. Islam teaches good values in all fairness - I am sure we can all agree on that to some extent. Like any religion, its people who discredit it and its people who manipulate its meaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ∑ Я ĩ k ė s ħ ξ)
    I wouldn't go that far lol. It may be offensive. I agree it has some bad elements at present but we cannot brand Islam; the religion itself as the etiology of all this. Its some of the people that follow it. Islam teaches good values in all fairness - I am sure we can all agree on that to some extent. Like any religion, its people who discredit it and its people who manipulate its meaning.
    Lol, I agree with the latter part, mind you, like you mentioned, pretty much all religion teaches good morals, fairness and equality. But, as I'm sure you'll agree, it tends to me a fair part of Islamic followers that cause lots of destruction etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    Lol, I agree with the latter part, mind you, like you mentioned, pretty much all religion teaches good morals, fairness and equality. But, as I'm sure you'll agree, it tends to me a fair part of Islamic followers that cause lots of destruction etc.

Well it's nothing really compared to the amount of destruction followers of christianity have caused, this century alone they have fought two world wars...

ReputationRep:
    Well it's nothing really compared to the amount of destruction followers of christianity have caused, this century alone they have started two world wars...
    None of them had anything to do with Christianity.

The first was about imperialism, quite simply.

The second was started neo-pagan and an atheist.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.