Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"...Western society will either die out or be Islamised" Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Islam is a poison in Western society.
    I'm a Muslim am I also a poision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    What? Who is "ourselves" and who is "they"?
    "ourselves" = Western Society
    "they" = Islamic Society

Not saying "ZOMG MUSLIMS STAY AWAY!!!".... Muslims in a western society should integrate into that society and not try to create an Islamic society (e.g. introducing Sharia (sp?) law, the police wearning headscarves that was in the papers recently, things like that).

If I went to stay in say, Iran, I'd be killed for being homosexual, so why should I have to follow all their customs and be called racist for not doing so, when if I went to live in their society, I'd be killed.

Like I said, each to their own

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    We will not be the Islamic Repubic of Great Britain. Get over it.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    I'm a Muslim am I also a poision?
    There is a clear distinction between the individual and the collective.

ReputationRep:
    I could see it happening in England (though I seriously doubt it will) because English people do not retain much cultural pride or identity. But can you really picture somewhere like Ireland becoming an Islamic country? We fought off British oppression and invasion and resisted becoming a Protestant nation, can you really imagine a few Muslims managing to install Shariah law here? They'd get slapped around the place!

ReputationRep:
    Today's moderate Roman Catholicism is nowhere near as fundamentalist as today's "moderate" Islam.
    Is it? I don't see muslim countries invading Christian countries. I however see the reverse.

I think you need to step out of the situation and look in almost as an alien viewing the human race. You will realise much about the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    "they" = Islamic Society

Not saying "ZOMG MUSLIMS STAY AWAY!!!".... Muslims in a western society should integrate into that society and not try to create an Islamic society (e.g. introducing Sharia (sp?) law, the police wearning headscarves that was in the papers recently, things like that).
    There's a bandwagon! Quick, jump on it! Contrary to popular belief, the majority of British Muslims are not trying to "take over" and enforce their beliefs. And Sharia law is a civil law system, not legal, so it wouldn't be like they're changing the British legal system. May I ask what paper that story was published in? (Do I even need to ask?). Britain will never be an Islamic state, you don't have to worry.
    If I went to stay in say, Iran, I'd be killed for being homosexual, so why should I have to follow all their customs and be called racist for not doing so, when if I went to live in their society, I'd be killed.
    No, you wouldn't be killed. You're not Muslim. You don't have to follow their customs at all :confused: You're in Britain, not Iran. You're creating a problem out of nothing.

And to say that "we" and "they" should "keep to ourselves" is to completely segregate races, which is, frankly, one of the most naive things I've read today.

ReputationRep:
    There is a clear distinction between the individual and the collective.
    It is the individuals that make up that collective so therefore I consider my question to be valid.

ReputationRep:
    "food" as part of philosophy? Children? Sex? People will have sex anyway and have always had! It's not a matter of religion, belief, culture, tradition or politics.

The Western society will be "Islamized"? How? Obviously the idea that it will die out is straight-up ridiculous, baseless, ignorant and offends the advanced, technological, scientific, alternative, libertarian option.

Muslims may constitute a religious majority in the world, but they lack any practical ability to "convert" others.

I'm almost finding it frustratingly accessible trying to refute the statement in your little extract.

But one thing I know for sure: that will only happen over my dead body.

I'm not going to bother watching that, once you've seen one ridiculous "Eurabia" video, you've seen them all.

ReputationRep:
    It is the individuals that make up that collective so therefore I consider my question to be valid.
    What you believe is poison.

ReputationRep:
    What? Who is "ourselves" and who is "they"?
    I think what the poster you are replying to is trying to get at, and the most conspicuous example is the ordinary English person who considers themselves a member of wider society vs the head-to-toe veiled mother of 6. Or the bearded young man who wears traditional Islamic dress over his nike trainers and goes to the Mosque to hear about the Great Satan

ReputationRep:

This video is factually incorrect and it is apart of the notoriously bad right wing American propaganada associated with the notion of an Arabic Europe. Its fear mongering and its really worthless.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think its more likely that islamic countries become westernised. That certainly seems to be the case among the rich anyway.

ReputationRep:
    im a muslim teen, and im not that religious tbh...but it wont be 'muslimified' (lol)

and all these muslims on the news are all extremists and if you have friends who are like the western society is s**t then they are just naive and old fashioned and you shouldnt look down on them they're just not up to date with this whole system..so ppl saying the west will change then no it won't, you all need to chill..

and like i said being a muslim teen, seeing all these extremists does annoy me and im sure other muslims too...thought id mention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Oh stfu!
    Indeed

Islam this, Islam that..Like a freakin Broken record :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    As abhorrent as a collective may be, there are individuals - possibly a majority - who are exceptions to the rule. Many individuals in the SS were even considered to be courteous and genuine. This doesn't make the collective any less poisonous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    There's a bandwagon! Quick, jump on it! Contrary to popular belief, the majority of British Muslims are not trying to "take over" and enforce their beliefs. And Sharia law is a civil law system, not legal, so it wouldn't be like they're changing the British legal system. May I ask what paper that story was published in? (Do I even need to ask?). Britain will never be an Islamic state, you don't have to worry.

No, you wouldn't be killed. You're not Muslim. You don't have to follow their customs at all :confused: You're in Britain, not Iran. You're creating a problem out of nothing.

And to say that "we" and "they" should "keep to ourselves" is to completely segregate races, which is, frankly, one of the most naive things I've read today.
    The express if I remember rightly :rolleyes:

I'm not getting in to some petty internet arguement, like I said before: People have their own opinions, I have mine, you have yours.
    I respect yours, I just don't agree Each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    The West will never become Islamised because sooner or later we will have governments which are competent and realise that Islamic principles such as Sharia Law are just not compatible with Western ideals. France is taking a step in the right direction by banning the burqa. It degrades women man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    "they" = Islamic Society

Like I said, each to their own
    I'm confused you're saying that Muslims should integrate but then wrote "each to their own", which one is it?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.