Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"...Western society will either die out or be Islamised" Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAAirz)
    What you believe is poison.
    Imagine I as a Muslim had said that you would have had a field day however when you say such things about what I believe it is acceptable.

You are entitled to your own opinion though at least attempt to be respectful. I mean it's common decency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    This video is factually incorrect and it is apart of the notoriously bad right wing American propaganada associated with the notion of an Arabic Europe. Its fear mongering and its really worthless.
    Or is it just that it doesn't feed your political inclination? It's easy to cast aside that which doesn't support your view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    The express if I remember rightly :rolleyes:

I'm not getting in to some petty internet arguement, like I said before: People have their own opinions, I have mine, you have yours.
    I respect yours, I just don't agree Each to their own.
    You know, I hate it when people can't reply so they make up some stupid rhetoric so that they don't have to reply to the points I make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    The West will never become Islamised because sooner or later we will have governments which are competent and realise that Islamic principles such as Sharia Law are just not compatible with Western ideals. France is taking a step in the right direction by banning the burqa. It degrades women man!
    Really how?

Surely banning the Burkha demeans and degrades women stopping them from being free to choose what they want to wear?

I fail to see how a piece of cloth demeans a woman on any individual for that such matter.

(Original post by blank_blank)
    im a muslim teen, and im not that religious tbh...but it wont be 'muslimified' (lol)

and all these muslims on the news are all extremists and if you have friends who are like the western society is s**t then they are just naive and old fashioned and you shouldnt look down on them they're just not up to date with this whole system..so ppl saying the west will change then no it won't, you all need to chill..

and like i said being a muslim teen, seeing all these extremists does annoy me and im sure other muslims too...thought id mention.
    I don't get what you mean by the first line? :o:

I don't get how one can be 'not that religious'. Surely you're either religious or your not. You can't pick and chose parts of a religion you follow. :confused:

You mention that those extremists are naive. But surely if you follow the religion (and that they act in the name of the religion), then surely your opinions on such matter would be the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    I'm confused you're saying that Muslims should integrate but then wrote "each to their own", which one is it?
    If they live in a western society, they should integrate in to it (i.e. follow British traditions, to put it bluntly - by that I mean speaking English, no Burkah (sp?) etc...)

If they want to be separate and follow Islamic customs, there are plenty of Islamic countries where that can be done
    I don't mind any religions practising here, I just don't want it forced upon me or to change my/our society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    You know, I hate it when people can't reply so they make up some stupid rhetoric so that they don't have to reply to the points I make.
    :rolleyes: You're just up for an argument which, sadly, I'm not up for giving tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    As abhorrent as a collective may be, there are individuals - possibly a majority - who are exceptions to the rule. Many individuals in the SS were even considered to be courteous and genuine. This doesn't make the collective any less poisonous.
    If the majority are an exception to the rule (i.e not poision) I fail to see how the entire collective is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    Surely banning the Burkha demeans and degrades women stopping them from being free to choose what they want to wear?
    Banning the burkha is perfectly justified. First, because, regardless of "choice" it's a product of a repressive patriarchal Middle Eastern society (mainly Saudi Arabia) where women are treated like dirt; second, because it's a socio-cultural item, not a religious one; and third, because it's impossible to distinguish between those who've been forced to wear the burkha, and those who've chosen to wear the burkha (thus, the risk is too great).

ReputationRep:
    Islam is a poison in Western society.
    ISLAM isn't a poison it's "Islam is to testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, to perform the prayers, to pay the zakat, to fast in Ramadhan, and to make the pilgrimage to the House if you are able to do so." said by muhammad pbuh. This is a religion that will help the world love eachother and care for others ..basically it is telling us the right way to live on earth and following the straight path not the wrong and staying away from evil stuff. Just sayin

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: You're just up for an argument which, sadly, I'm not up for giving tonight.
    I'm sorry but I think he has a valid point. You seem to just be dodging points that you made and he has responded too.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't arguing at all. You offered an opinion, I contested that. It just irritates me when people can't reply so won't, and instead accuse the other of being unnecessarily provocative.

ReputationRep:
    If they live in a western society, they should integrate in to it (i.e. follow British traditions, to put it bluntly - by that I mean speaking English, no Burkah (sp?) etc...)

If they want to be separate and follow Islamic customs, there are plenty of Islamic countries where that can be done
    I don't mind any religions practising here, I just don't want it forced upon me or to change my/our society.
    Speaking English? :confused:

Most Muslims in Britain are bilingual with English being their more fluent language.

Also, how are Muslims forcing anything on you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    Indeed

Islam this, Islam that..Like a freakin Broken record :yawn:
    Exactly.

If most of you believe the west will never be 'Islamized' then why are you scared, you surely have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a poison in Western society.
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    Banning the burkha is perfectly justified. First, because, regardless of "choice" it's a product of a repressive patriarchal Middle Eastern society (mainly Saudi Arabia) where women are treated like dirt; second, because it's a socio-cultural item, not a religious one; and third, because it's impossible to distinguish between those who've been forced to wear the burkha, and those who've chosen to wear the burkha (thus, the risk is too great).
    We should ban mini skirts then. It's the product of a sex-crazed soceity. It's a "socio-cultural item" and we can't distinguish between people pressured into wearing one or if it is a personal choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    We should ban mini skirts then. It's the product of a sex-crazed soceity. It's a "socio-cultural item" and we can't distinguish between people pressured into wearing one or if it is a personal choice.
    Exactly :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I don't get what you mean by the first line? :o:

I don't get how one can be 'not that religious'. Surely you're either religious or your not. You can't pick and chose parts of a religion you follow. :confused:

You mention that those extremists are naive. But surely if you follow the religion (and that they act in the name of the religion), then surely your opinions on such matter would be the same?

by the first line, i was stating that i was a muslin, and then my opinion on this topic..lol.

and 'im not that religious' cz i believe in god and i do follow the rules, but comparing myself to others im not that religious, because some people take it much more seriously and stick to it better than i do, and i still stick to the rules more or less i just don't let religion get in the way of my life i blend it in with my life..if you get me.

and the whole point of extremists is that some follow the religion in the wrong way and interpret things wrong, and other extremists are naive because they are more influenced by their own culture than by the religion and this culture tends to be very old fashioned and different to the modern society that we live in, therefore making them naive..therfore opinions are very different since even though yes we're all muslims, that's just the big main category, you then branch out into like culture, how you wer raised into that religion etc that's why your opinions would differ, just like any other religion..i'm pretty sure not all jews and christians have the same opinion on things.

woops..a bit of a long reply! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    Really how?

I fail to see how a piece of cloth demeans a woman on any individual for that such matter.
    Well I think in some Muslim families as in most other religions, religious traditions can be forced onto children and in today's world I believe that not allowing a woman to express herself through her own clothing is a point. To make all women look the same by getting them to wear burqas takes away their own ability integrate and it forces them to stand out more in Western society.

Burqas are also in my opinion a form of male dominance in Islamic culture. Why are only women required to wear them? Why not men? If women should have to dress 'modestly' then why shouldn't men?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmazinglyBored)
    ISLAM isn't a poison it's "Islam is to testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, to perform the prayers, to pay the zakat, to fast in Ramadhan, and to make the pilgrimage to the House if you are able to do so." said by muhammad pbuh. This is a religion that will help the world love eachother and care for others ..basically it is telling us the right way to live on earth and following the straight path not the wrong and staying away from evil stuff. Just sayin
    It also orders its followers to "take not the Jews and Christians for your friends", and to "slaughter the infidels".

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.