Turn on thread page Beta

"...Western society will either die out or be Islamised" watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    this was ordered when the Christians and the Jews betrayed the Muslims when they broke the treaty
    What treaty? (I am genuinely interested I am not anti-Islam or anything)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blank_blank)
    as a muslim, i would say these fundamentalists are extremists who havn't adapted to modern society, and i think what they are saying and doin is wrong since they are giving people the wrong impression.
    As I said, there are undoubtedly individuals such as yourself who are not compliant to extremist views. Nevertheless, first, you can't really make your point that solid by making simple reference to yourself (although I am sure most Muslims are like you). I could equally say that my next door neighbour preaches the stoning of homosexuals and the reduction of women to the level of animals. It wouldn't make it universal. Second, it only takes a few extremists for the worst acts to come about. Over 99% of Germans were unbeknownst to the existence of the extermination camps for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rule Britannia)
    He has a point. Islam is a cultural poison undermining the progress the west has made for our society. Muslims are an active part of this process. Every Muslim woman that dons a veil, goes and marries a man and then have children who they send to a mosque to be taught Islamic culture is an attack on British culture.

I would of thought Muslims would have the decency to be honest in that Sharia law is incompatible with western values regarding liberty, freedoms and punishments. Every Muslim undermines the rights of British (ethnic) to live in the society of their nation.

We don't live in a dictatorship - multiculturalism is incompatible with democracy and the right to national self-determination of peoples.

Necessary Benevolent is right in that Muslims as a group as a poison against British culture - but also every Muslim is as well. That doesn't mean Muslims are bad people - but their presence is an attack on British culture. It is the height of intellectual dishonesty to claim otherwise.
    You are a bigot and it is for that reason that I refuse to even get involved in a civilized discussion with you. If you or anyone else needs further clarfication as to why then I suggest they read what I highlighted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)
    x
    Put people's names 'Quote=Name' when you quote them, or they won't see it! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not. It's advent in 1964 confirmed the British women's place as a sex symbol, a sexually objectified, and oppressed, figure and little more than that. It didn't "liberate" them at all.

Don't pick 'n choose.
    We have to observe here the inherent characteristic of the liberal mindset to side with those who are a potential threat to us. In this case Islamification.

Probably the same kind of liberal who is a raging militant atheist in one breath, and a champion of Islamic rights in the UK in another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    ^^ This basically. Call me racist/biggoted/whateveryouwant. I don't mind, I have my opinions We should keep ourselves to ourselves and they should do the same.
    i'm going to call you "brainwashed" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ut people's names 'Quote=Name' when you quote them, or they won't see it!
    good thinking !

ReputationRep:
    Lets face it - religion is a dying concept.
    So even if islam becomes the most important, biggest and respected religion on earth it really means nothing. They will be the biggest fish in a small puddle on a very hot sunny day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    And to say that "we" and "they" should "keep to ourselves" is to completely segregate races, which is, frankly, one of the most naive things I've read today.
    It's not naive when THEY cause this kind of attitude to be construed. It is not possible for a modern British person to live alongside a fully-practising Muslim. Islam isn't just a religion, it's a way of life, and too many of their ideologies conflict with our social standards, attitudes and liberty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    You are a bigot and it is for that reason that I refuse to even get involved in a civilized discussion with you. If you or anyone else needs further clarfication as to why then I suggest they read what I highlighted.
    How can it be bigoted to believe in national self-determination & democracy? By that logic aspirations for a Kurdish state are pure bigotry. The independence of Kosovo was an exercise in Bigotry as an ethno-cultural group attempted to set its own laws and be ruled by members of its own distinct society.

Pointing out that Muslim voters in the UK have a different set of ideas (known as culture) and would therefore vote differently to native Britons (who have a different set of ideas, or culture - under "multi-culturalism") and hence undermine and alter the set of laws that British people live under is not bigotry.

Multi-culturalism is the poison, those of an alien culture residing in the UK are part of that process. There is no bigotry as I believe people should integrate and those that don't constitute a poison on their host society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Islam is a poison in Western society.
    It's really disrespectful and rude when you talk this way about another religion which is not yours.
    I'm a muslim , and i believe that my religion is the best , yet I've never in my whole life talken about christianity in a bad way for example and i rspect all my christian friends' feelings when it comes to talking about religion !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stainluss)
    Yep.

Were only angry when its the muslims bomb trains and blow up planes.

Oh wait! The Roman Catholics dont do this (and if they did they wouldn't use their religion as a scapegoat if they did)

Also, I have nothing against 96% of the Muslims, who are normal people who respect other people. The reason i am writing this comment is due to a large number of mosques teaching hate against the west IN the UK:eek: Cheeky Ba5tards:eek3: They should be hanged.
    Abu Hamza was a notable example, but there are many more, not as extreme, but just as dangerous.

For the other 96% who believe in respect of others (especially a country which has taken them and their families in from the middle east)
    i say youre welcome here
    How many UK residents died in 7/7, 54 i beleive. Now how many UK residents have the IRA killed? There has only been one attack on the UK through muslims and all of a sudden there is outrage, Iraq, Afghanistan all invaded etc. etc. Nice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    It's really disrespectful and rude when you talk this way about another religion which is not yours.
    I'm a muslim , and i believe that my religion is the best , yet I've never in my whole life talken about christianity in a bad way for example and i rspect all my christian friends' feelings when it comes to talking about religion !
    Why should religion be free from criticism and opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Okay So let me understand you a little bit more.

You are Muslim, you follow the rules. But you don't follow them as much as other people and don't stick at it. Then surely you're not Muslim? As each Muslim should value Islam the same - there shouldn't be a level of 'Muslim'?

You then mention that the extremists (Al Qaeda/Taliban) operate the way they do, because they take Islam too seriously (in other words following the religion). So are you telling me that Islam is not a religion of peace, for those that follow it correctly commit atrocities? or simply that those that follow it have a warped view of Islam and the Quran? or that Al Qaeda/Taliban don't operate in the name of Islam (like they say), but more so in the name of their culture?

If it's the last two, why aren't you as a Muslim defending your religion - as it's clear then that Al Qaeda/Taliban don't operate on the basis of Islam and therefore not on behalf of you (as a Muslim?)

there shouldn't be a level of any religion-but there is. for example, do ALL Christians go to Church EVERY sunday? no, but that doesnt mean they are not religious at all, it just means they're not as religious as other Christians..

'in other words following the religion'..no their not following their religion, they are interpreting the rules etc in the wrong way, for example, terrorists would say that they are doing all these bombs because it says so in the Quran, no where in the Quran does it say bomb people, it says something along the lines of if your country (it having to be a muslim country being attacked) then you can defend your country through a war but only as a last resort, and the war can't have been started by a political leader, and you have to try to harm as little as people possible etc and you have to stop the war the second the prolem resolves. And the problem has to be something serious not some petty little crime..and like i said, the country needs to be attacked first they can't be the first ones to start the war. so taliban etc are not 'real' muslims since they are just twising the rules to fit them if you get me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    How many UK residents died in 7/7, 54 i beleive. Now how many UK residents have the IRA killed? There has only been one attack on the UK through muslims and all of a sudden there is outrage, Iraq, Afghanistan all invaded etc. etc. Nice...
    Well the IRA weren't acting in the name of religion, so it's not exactly the same, but yes, Muslims are by no means the only people responsible for violence. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Islam is barbaric, unacceptable. It teaches capital punishment for murderers. What outrage in 21st century. Now we are modern enough to deal with this situation by killing thousands of innocent people from the home country of the murderers. Praise be to western justice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    No, it's not. It's advent in 1964 confirmed the British women's place as a sex symbol, a sexually objectified, and oppressed, figure and little more than that. It didn't "liberate" them at all.

Don't pick 'n choose.
    We have to observe here the inherent characteristic of the liberal mindset to side with those who are a potential threat to us. In this case Islamification.

Probably the same kind of liberal who is a raging militant atheist in one breath, and a champion of Islamic rights in the UK in another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    I'm critical of Christianity also, but am far more tolerant of it. The reason for this being that Britain is a culturally Christian country, shaped by institutional Christianity, and built on morals with a Christian impetus. Nevertheless, as I said previously, the point you make about yourself being respectful of Christianity means nothing really. Simply because I would bet everything I owned on a majority of Middle-Eastern Muslims being vehemently critical of Christianity and Western society, using far more disrespectful language than I used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    So can all other religions. They're not any different, far from opposite to each other (Christianity and Islam). It's like racism and sexism: very different, but the same at the core.
    Stop talking nonsense. Racism and sexism aren't the same thing at the core.

Some sexism is good. For example, having toilets for men and different toilets for women is clearly sexist (i.e. discriminating on the basis of sex) but it is a good rational kind of sexism or discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    Even when that 'idiot' is a University Professor with a doctorate from Cambridge who has been called to the bar and is regarded as one of the top 100 Public Intellectuals in Britain?
    Ermm... yes... having a doctorate doesn't stop you being wrong... it quite clearly won't happen. In fact i am in shock that anybody would think it is a plausible suggestion...

In fact it is quite possible that he is just using his social and academic standing to make this crackpot suggestion sound more likely.

Muslim: would any of you like to convert to Islam?

Christian: Yes, actually i would! you've asked politely so i'll just drop my own beliefs and adopt yours.
    Agnostic: Hmm yeah why not...
    Athiest: WOW, yes! Christianity wasn't believable, nor were any of the other religions i looked at they all kind of went against science... but HEY i can't see a flaw with Islam!
    Chav (there are certainly a lot of them in the UK): Defenatly my good friend, it would be an honour, to serve the great Allah.

(the intent was not to appear racist in case anyone tries to claim it, but just point out using sarcasm, the rediculousness of this thread's claim).

Your either assert yourself as a global power or you have to negotiate your place in the world. Right now if the West does neither as professor Scruton says we face Islamification or the death of our civilization.
    WOW! just wow! how many Nukes do the west have... i would hazard a guess at a few... USA is seen as a dominant global power... and quite clearly the most westernised. so i am afraid it is your argument with the flaw.

also people protest at the slightest hint of ID cards... do you not think they might kick up some sort of a fuss IF any thing like you are suggesting did come to light.

Oh by the way did you know spaghetti grows on trees? proof

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.