Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

I am looking for different options about MSc Marketing degrees. I live in Plymouth and people told me it´s a great University but what about Marketing? They offer a good MSc but not sure about this field because Plymouth has more experience in Science...not really sure.

I am a Journalist and I have I Master's Degree in Communication and Education in Network...

Would you study a Master in Marketing or Marketing and Communication?

Have you every heard about Surrey?

Where I could find the marketing top in UK?

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Surrey in Guildford right ?

Its a very good university with a good reputation.

You can consider Newcastle Uni for Msc in marketing. Its good both in terms of life there and reputation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martagc)
    Hello guys,

I am looking for different options about MSc Marketing degrees. I live in Plymouth and people told me it´s a great University but what about Marketing? They offer a good MSc but not sure about this field because Plymouth has more experience in Science...not really sure.

I am a Journalist and I have I Master's Degree in Communication and Education in Network...

Would you study a Master in Marketing or Marketing and Communication?

Have you every heard about Surrey?

Where I could find the marketing top in UK?

Thanks a lot!
    Hey there martagc,

I'm in my first year of studying Marketing Communications at Bournemouth University. Bournemouth has a range of marketing courses including; Marketing, Marketing Communications, Events Marketing and Advertising. Bournemouth is a great uni and I am really enjoying my course. Marketing Communications places more emphasis upon consumer culture and behavior as well as key communication and research skills that are required in the business world.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send them my way!

Chris

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying an Msc in Marketing at Strathclyde. Strathclyde Business school is highly rated (4th for Marketing in the UK) and the teaching is first class. I'd say there is not enough of it for a masters course though. We only get 13.5 hours of lectures on average per week. The class size is 68 which makes it really difficult to get any time with the lecturers and ask questions. There are no seminars either and you get next to no feedback from lecturers which I think is quite poor for a masters program. I've learned a lot from it but feel quite patronized. We are still very much treated like undergrads unfortunately and I would like to be treated more like adults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maffesoli)
    I'm studying an Msc in Marketing at Strathclyde. Strathclyde Business school is highly rated (4th for Marketing in the UK) and the teaching is first class. I'd say there is not enough of it for a masters course though. We only get 13.5 hours of lectures on average per week. The class size is 68 which makes it really difficult to get any time with the lecturers and ask questions. There are no seminars either and you get next to no feedback from lecturers which I think is quite poor for a masters program. I've learned a lot from it but feel quite patronized. We are still very much treated like undergrads unfortunately and I would like to be treated more like adults.
    You are probably finishing your second term now. What are your thoughts? I am looking into well renowned Marketing programmes but the bigger and more popular the course, the bigger the classes and I don't want to go through the same problems I had in my undergrad...

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Cass for the MSc Marketing Strategy and Innovation and also Imperial for Strategic Marketing. Fingers crossed. Anyway, I am curious as to how much one will make-salary wise-after finishing an MSc in marketing from these schools. What kind of companies or jobs will be available and so on.

ReputationRep:
    Also, how are the industry reputations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avoirdouboi)
    I applied to Cass for the MSc Marketing Strategy and Innovation and also Imperial for Strategic Marketing. Fingers crossed. Anyway, I am curious as to how much one will make-salary wise-after finishing an MSc in marketing from these schools. What kind of companies or jobs will be available and so on.
    If you can afford them, they are both definitely worth it. ICL is one of the best unis in the world and it will carry a huge impact on your CV. Cass's programme is new but the School is quite reputable in Business and the course itself has a very strong content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FabianoBR)
    If you can afford them, they are both definitely worth it. ICL is one of the best unis in the world and it will carry a huge impact on your CV. Cass's programme is new but the School is quite reputable in Business and the course itself has a very strong content.
    I think so too. I hope I get offers from both

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I'm an international student and I'm also looking at different options regarding MSc Marketing programmes in the UK and would appreciate any input. I have read everything and made so many pro and contra lists, but I can't seem to decide.

Leeds - Int. Marketing Management
    Newcastle - Int. Marketing
    Manchester - Marketing
    Durham - Marketing
    ((KCL - Int Marketing - probably too expensive))

Which one of these is the best? Is here anyone that studied at one of them? Should I apply anwhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sim0ne)
    Hello everyone,

I'm an international student and I'm also looking at different options regarding MSc Marketing programmes in the UK and would appreciate any input. I have read everything and made so many pro and contra lists, but I can't seem to decide.

Leeds - Int. Marketing Management
    Newcastle - Int. Marketing
    Manchester - Marketing
    Durham - Marketing
    ((KCL - Int Marketing - probably too expensive))

Which one of these is the best? Is here anyone that studied at one of them? Should I apply anwhere else?
    I also have offers from Leeds (Consumer Analytics and Marketing Strategy MSc), Newcastle (E-marketing), and KCL (International Marketing). It's really difficult to decide.
    Leeds: has good reputation on marketing study, which can be seen from its 4 master programs on marketing. Normally other universities have only 1 or 2 marketing programs.

Newcastle: Also famous for its marketing courses. And I really dig their course structure, very NOW and up-to-date.

KCL: Well, it's King's, and it is in LONDON. But the program is really generic and basic.

Tough tough decision.......

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have offers from several UK universities for marketing degrees and I am having trouble to decide which one to go for.

Kingston: Msc Brand Management
    Glasgow Caledonian: Msc Luxury Brand Marketing
    Oxford Brookes: Msc Marketing
    Bradford: Msc Strategic Marketing
    Nottingham Trent: Msc Branding and Advertising

I'm also waiting for
    Coventry: MA Advertising and Marketing
    Leeds: MA Advertising and Marketing
    Newcastle: Msc International Marketing

Does anyone have any insight on all that? I know Kingston and Glasgow Caledonian are poorly ranked but their course really interest me.

What about Nottingham Trent vs Coventry? The guardian ranks Coventry very high in Marketing, and THE ranks it #7 for graduate prospects.

Any comment, piece of advice you may have on these uni or their respective city is more than welcome!

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I would look at the digital marketing content for each course, make sure it is applied, and also look to see how knowledgeable the lecturers are in this area. To get a good job in marketing you need to have good digital skills.

ReputationRep:
    I fully agree the importance of undertaking digital as part of any marketing course. It also needs to be very applied if you stand a chance of getting a good job. You need to check out who the lecturers are and whether they have current knowledge. MMU offer client based projects as part of their masters, with real organisations around Manchester, including marketing agencies.

ReputationRep:
    I did my MSc in marketing at Strathclyde last year. The class size was big and we didn't have much time with lecturers. I think most of us were very unhappy. Before one exam we were told to shut up by one of the Proffessors. We were treated very much like children not even undergrads. For the Marketing works program which is supposed to give you marketing experience they just give you a marketing project with Strathclyde University. Some people got to work for companies, but the majority just worked for free for the University. It is a shame, because you have some good professors ad I think it used to be good. Overall though, it is a really poor department with no idea of customer service. They got angry when we asked for a paper clip!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 23, 2016

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.