Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really Want this Girl But... watch

Cut a long story short. 1st year of uni me and girl started seeing each other just after she broke up with her bf. After a while said she couldnt go back into a relationship str8 away needed to sort herself out. I was Upset, things got akward and we stopped speaking.

After few months started speaking, but she had a new bf. Stayed close friends. This year, when drunk she admits she wish we went out, still likes me etc but coz shes got a bf theres nothing either of us can do. I Leave it, we remain close friends who obviously still like each other. I want her so bad lol!

Today, she texts me telling me that her and her bf broke up but got back 2geva but things are still the same and she doesnt know what to do? Obviously I want her to be single, but dont know what to say?

Advice :confused:

Bump lol

ReputationRep:
    Tell her that you are there for her. Then go in for the attack, Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    For the present just be a friend. It will be hard to do but persevere and by the sounds of things things will go your way in time. Otherwise, I warn you, that you might seem too pushy, clingy or desprate which are not attraction qualities. Good luck :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My gosh how awful. If she wanted to be with you, she would be with you.

She probably knows that you like her and is taking it for granted. Unfortunately, I have been there. She wont realise unless you start being forceful. Giver her an ultimatum.

You dont have to be mean about it, but just say if you want to be with me you can. etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you ought to let her sort herself out before seeing her again straight away. she can't just go straight into a relationship when she just broke up. give it time, and if she still wants you after that, then she will come to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Cut a long story short. 1st year of uni me and girl started seeing each other just after she broke up with her bf. After a while said she couldnt go back into a relationship str8 away needed to sort herself out. I was Upset, things got akward and we stopped speaking.

After few months started speaking, but she had a new bf. Stayed close friends. This year, when drunk she admits she wish we went out, still likes me etc but coz shes got a bf theres nothing either of us can do. I Leave it, we remain close friends who obviously still like each other. I want her so bad lol!

Today, she texts me telling me that her and her bf broke up but got back 2geva but things are still the same and she doesnt know what to do? Obviously I want her to be single, but dont know what to say?

I disagree. You are with the person who you choose to be with. If she is choosing to be with him then its because she wants to :\ No one is forcing her to be with him :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Mate, i can sympathise with this situation entirely... I don't know who you are, how old you are or where you come from, but that's irrelevant...

Times like this are horrible for anyone to go through... Ride it out a while... DO NOT EVER make the mistake of pushing things! Let her know how you feel and make it known that she'll never be treated better than she would with you and then just leave her to come to her own decision... Pestering will not only drive her away but ruin your friendship and kill any chance you may have ever had... I'd know, i've only ever been in love once and trust me when i say i know EXACTLY how much it can hurt and the power it has is incredible, even for us roughty tattoo'd guys lol...

Just let things take their course and don't put any pressure on her whatsoever... Saying things face to face is probably best so she can see in your eyes that you mean it... Txting is not the best way!

Best of luck mate

ReputationRep:
    if its wot u want go 4 it y not ask her out for a drink or lunch and tell her how u feel man dont b all shut out about it go 4 it bro!

ReputationRep:
    She'll be 'ummming' and 'ahhhhing' over it until you tell her it's either you or the other guy. You should lay your cards on the table and give her a proper decision.

I've been in the same situation from both perspectives, and it's the best thing to do.

Thanks for the replies. The thing about us liking each other is like an obvious known thing, but none of us would say it to each other sober given the current circumstances. Once when I was really drunk I was telling her how I know I can make her more happy than her current bf and she was like I know I know. It makes it awkward coz he hates me anyway, and is suspcious of mine and hers friendship coz of the past (kinda rightly so) and she said she cant do that to him (dumping him for me). And also morally, I dont think thats right for her to do. Its so hard not having someone you want so much tho

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies. The thing about us liking each other is like an obvious known thing, but none of us would say it to each other sober given the current circumstances. Once when I was really drunk I was telling her how I know I can make her more happy than her current bf and she was like I know I know. It makes it awkward coz he hates me anyway, and is suspcious of mine and hers friendship coz of the past (kinda rightly so) and she said she cant do that to him (dumping him for me). And also morally, I dont think thats right for her to do. Its so hard not having someone you want so much tho

Just give her your honest opinion and help her through the end her relationship. You like her, she likes you.. more than likely you'll get together.. don't push her to break up with him..

Thats what i think:cool:

(Original post by Boyd)
    if its wot u want go 4 it y not ask her out for a drink or lunch and tell her how u feel man dont b all shut out about it go 4 it bro!

Cant really do that tbh. Shes a uni mate and we live farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr when its not term time lol The advice I gave her was she needs to decide what she wants, if she wants to be with him and keep geting hurt or work up the courage to leave him and be happy in the long term! She was saying she doesnt know what she wants 'in reference to their relationshiip'. Saying she wants it to work but she has to be realistic! Then asked me how my love life was (and its crap lol) .

Apparently they broke up over the weekend which is funny, coz on that same day they broke up she text me, but didnt tell me about it! Was more of a general 'hey, hows u' type thing!

Confused.Com

ReputationRep:
    Stay away. That one sounds like a manipulative girl. She loves the idea of having a fall back. She doesn't want you, she wants the idea of a just in case. Don't let yourself be that. Let her know you won't be that.

ReputationRep:
    Well she's got you EXACTLY where she wants you. Cut ties with her before she causes you anymore heartache.

ReputationRep:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sooooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

ReputationRep:
    Thats girls for you.

ReputationRep:
    If you swoop in and her BF catches a wiff he may come after you and remove your balls. I would if i was him anyway.

(Original post by Trouser Snake)
    If you swoop in and her BF catches a wiff he may come after you and remove your balls. I would if i was him anyway.
    lol minor, im not worried about him. I can easily sort him out haha

Complete player. Don't get too caught up in this situation, seriously.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.