Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Results Day - What will it mean if you don't meet your offer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGreedy)
    Winchester school of art?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    If I don't get my grade I will take a year out, take Art A-Level in one year and reapply.

ReputationRep:
    Would be pretty devastated to be honest, would try phoning the university and going through clearing....if not will have to see how i feel about going to Nottingham, if im not 100% and Sheffield really isnt an option ill consider doing abit more travelling and re-applying next year.
    as far as expectations and pressure are concerned, my family have been really really good and have barely mentioned it and have only recently started asking me if im looking forward to uni..... trying to keep optimistic

ReputationRep:
    Dust myself down, do another year of college but something a little bit different while resitting, and then apply for the next year.

I would of course have a look at clearing to see if there was anyting that takes my eye....but it won't ruin my life if I don't meet it. After all, it's only 1 year.

ReputationRep:
    I wont be able to buy a macbook pro with my student loan *cries*

And i'll have to go out and get a job *cries even more*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magical Moogles)
    'If at first you dont succeed, try and try again'

That's what Im thinking anyway. I dont think I would mind if I missed the offer. I wouldnt be surprised to be honest. Ill just sort myself out, and try and get into a place through clearing. If that doesnt work, Ill just do another year at college - Im not going to be in tears about it, life moves on as they say. I have worked hard, but if I havent got the grades, Ill just try harder next time

Saying all that, if I miss the grades, Im going to be on that phone and fighting for a place. :yep:
    As amazing and reassuring this sounds, this will have to stop at one point..

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda hoping I don't get the grades, I've resigned myself to the life of a working class male, so there's not much point bothering to go :indiff:

Call me a loser if you will, but I prefer accepting what I am in the end.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Two things:
    1. I'll be miffed at myself for a wasted opportunity (and I still think it's crazy that I got the opportunity in the first place)
    2. I'll have to have shared bunk bed accommodation next year!

I wouldn't mind going to Edinburgh, but I'd almost be inclined to reapply next year just so that I could avoid the accommodation fate that awaits me if I go in September 2009.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have a breakdown, mainly for my parents, who want me to go to Oxford more than I want to go. There would also be the embarassment of meeting teachers again, and not having fulfilled their expectations.

ReputationRep:
    I'd cry my ******* eyes out. Then ...

(Original post by sandeep90)
    I'd be disappointed but I would go into clearing and if that didn't work out I'd reapply next year and work really hard to boost my grades in the January resits. Also I'd try to save a lot of money for the 2010 entry.

ReputationRep:
    if i don't meet my grades i might aswell kill myself.

ReputationRep:
    Cry. A lot.

And then drink continuously until I pass out. :cool:

Seriously, if I don't get at least a B in Chemistry then I'm not going to my firm or insurance, and I don't think I'll stand a chance in Clearing at a decent place with a C or below in the subject I want to do a degree in, so I'll probably use a gap year to retake/maybe do Physics A Level and try again the following year.

Just reading that makes me depressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    2. I'll have to have shared bunk bed accommodation next year!
    :afraid: if i miss my firm how likely is a shared room :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be disappointed but I already have backup plans just in case. I'm a music photographer and I'm currently building my own website. I've already shot The Prodigy, Metallica, Alice In Chains and other artists so I'm hoping it can become a full time thing.

Also, I'd actually like to do more GCSEs in languages.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My dad would have killed me...

Not really My parents would have been a bit disappointed and so would I but I'd have gone to my insurance and probs been very happy there. Still, I'm glad my firm took me anyway

ReputationRep:
    These threads are getting me scared and worried.

ReputationRep:
    finally get to try out autoerotic asphyxiation

ReputationRep:
    I would be unbelievably disappointed in myself, as the grades needed for my firm choice are really low...

ReputationRep:
    I will be really gutted cause I worked really hard to get that one grade in AH higher for the university I've always wanted to go to, probably put in more work in it than i did in all my highers put together in 5th year, and i will be disappointed in myself because I could of worked harder throughout the year but I won't be too unhappy because i still get to do the same course at another good uni and so should be grateful for that. I just think whats for you won't go past you. Aw Scottish exam results are out in like 5 days!!! :eek: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s+lky)
    not devestated at all.. not even in the slightest.. if anything i'd be more disappointed with myself that i worked so hard and put in a huge amount of effort the past two years only not to have met my own conditions and expectations.. i'd be more upset at that then not meeting uni requirments..

for me i'd just apply straight for the police and work my way up the ranks as i am/had planned to do so after uni.. regardles of going to uni or not i'm joining the police.. uni was only to widen my career aspects and opportunities if at some point later in life i decided to leave the police and hopefully help me do a job related to subjects i find interesting..
    hi, im thinking of joining the police as well after uni. i would recomment that u still go to uni regardless of your grades (if you don't get into your firm, just go somewhere else) because i think its well worth it if you have a degree when joining the police!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.