Turn on thread page Beta

Found this great petition just, I feel it could help all us Psoriasis sufferers,
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/painfulskin/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Found this great petition just, I feel it could help all us Psoriasis sufferers,
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/painfulskin/
    Just curious, but why the anon?

ReputationRep:
    If you are going to say that then at what point does giving free prescriptions stop? People have cancer/heart conditions/diabetes, that would be expensive, why shouldn't they have free meds?

ReputationRep:
    Signed, currently have 3 different creams and a scalp treatment, costs loads

-x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baby_emmy)
    Signed, currently have 3 different creams and a scalp treatment, costs loads

-x-
    a fellow scalp psoriasis sufferer huh? feel your pain.

ReputationRep:
    The rest of my family (father side) have it, but I don't think I do, I'm 17 nearly 18, what time did it appear on you and am I essentially in the clear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    a fellow scalp psoriasis sufferer huh? feel your pain.
    Yours too!!

-x-

I just prefer to remain anonymous on the net nowadays, sorry for the confusion.

You do have a point about heart sufferers/diabetes sufferers and as far as I am aware, diabetes sufferes do get free meds, not sure about heart disease sufferers because I haven't looked at the actual list of medically exempt ailments. Psoriasis is a life long condition though, and although the actual rash may clear for a period of time, there is a very good chance it will reappear because it is an autoimmune disease.

Psoriasis can appear at any time unfortunately, mine cropped up when I was around 4, so it is pretty unpredictable on the exact time you will get it. Hopefully, you will never have to experience it though.

Anyway, thanks to those who signed!

ReputationRep:
    I have psoriasis! Not particularly badly most of the time but when i get stressed it reappears :o:

ReputationRep:
    i have psoriasis..but...just pay £7.10 for mine, like everyone else.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    i have psoriasis..but...just pay £7.10 for mine, like everyone else.....
    Yeah I was thinking don't you have like a little subscription thing and you only pay a ridiculously cheap amount and get as much medicine as you like?
    I think everythings free in scotland :/

ReputationRep:
    I get all my prescriptions for £13 for 4 months. It's called a pre-payment certificate.

Not too shabby. I don't think you realise how lucky you actually are that medicines are so cheap in this country...

ReputationRep:
    Why?... Surely you know the government is massively in debt, yet trying to save lives that can be saved if there is more monetary resources? Yet you can pay for your own medications to treat yourself, and refuse to do so?

ReputationRep:
    if this was for free prescriptions on things like cancer, heart disease..the big issue, then yes..ok i would sign, but for a dermatology condition which isn't liferisking, and gets reduced due to the NHS anyway..errrr

no

"i have psoriasis..but...just pay £7.10 for mine, like everyone else....."

Fair enough, but £7.10 soon amounts up when you need more than one cream and very often.

billykwok, you have a point, but it is a life long condition, and being unemployed I am feeling the crunch.

"if this was for free prescriptions on things like cancer, heart disease..the big issue, then yes..ok i would sign, but for a dermatology condition which isn't liferisking, and gets reduced due to the NHS anyway..errrr "

Stop moaning and don't sign then, simple. (And no offence, but if you actually read up on this condition further, you would see that there is a chance it can go into a liferisking phase.

Psoriasis itself also increases your chance of developing Psoriatic Arthiritis...)

The government claim they are in debt, but they recieve plenty of taxes...

Look guys, I didn't post to cause an argument, I posted to help those who are fellow sufferers that they could sign if they believed in the cause of the petition. If you don't, fair enough, no need to be arsy with me, I'm not judging you for holding your own opinion so please don't feel the need to try and belittle me.

ReputationRep:
    "i have psoriasis..but...just pay £7.10 for mine, like everyone else....."

Fair enough, but £7.10 soon amounts up when you need more than one cream and very often.

billykwok, you have a point, but it is a life long condition, and being unemployed I am feeling the crunch.

"if this was for free prescriptions on things like cancer, heart disease..the big issue, then yes..ok i would sign, but for a dermatology condition which isn't liferisking, and gets reduced due to the NHS anyway..errrr "

Stop moaning and don't sign then, simple. (And no offence, but if you actually read up on this condition further, you would see that there is a chance it can go into a liferisking phase.

Psoriasis itself also increases your chance of developing Psoriatic Arthiritis...)

The government claim they are in debt, but they recieve plenty of taxes...

Look guys, I didn't post to cause an argument, I posted to help those who are fellow sufferers that they could sign if they believed in the cause of the petition. If you don't, fair enough, no need to be arsy with me, I'm not judging you for holding your own opinion so please don't feel the need to try and belittle me.

mate i actually have psoriasis, and have 3 creams, and am getting light treatment next week (free on the NHS) and my creams last at LEAST 3 months, be economical with them and stop ******* moaning

ReputationRep:
    If you are claiming Jobseekers Allowance, Income Support or Employment and support Allowance you can claim free prescriptions.
    They wom't make you pay if you have a valid reason not to and prescriptions cost £7.20

There are some rude ******* on here!

:rolleyes:

You do not have arthritis and your creams and potions won't stop that developing.

And there's a minute, minute chance it could become life threatening. At which point, you would be treated for that, probably in hospital, for free.

But at the moment, you have a skin condition. Plenty of people across the country are paying a fortune for prescriptions for conditions far more serious.

Deal with it and realise how lucky you are.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.