Turn on thread page Beta

Should I have told the truth? watch

ReputationRep:
    man, alot of you are quick to slate her... from that story we know very little about her and how it happened... give the girl a break! women get horny too :/

(Original post by m45)
    man, alot of you are quick to slate her... from that story we know very little about her and how it happened... give the girl a break! women get horny too :/
    I think 1 night stands are looked down upon ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Like I said before, I was just an innocent party in this event ...
    What the **** are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah fair point, not sure what I'm worried about, it's not like she could as for a refund or anything ...

Just was a bit shocked and as I'm "fairly" honest it just felt a bit odd not saying anything ... And what if she tell a mate about me, then her mate sees me and says no f*ing way is he Italian ...

Am I over thinking this?

Again, she never actually asked about your heritage, she just said you looked italian, not if you were. No harm done, you never actually claimed you were.

I think 1 night stands are looked down upon ...
    Don't really se why they are tbh, as long as you are both being safe, then no harm, no foul. Just two adults having fun

ReputationRep:
    How about "I'm really flattered you find me so attractive but my Italian charm is actually Pakistani :awesome:"
    If she has a problem with it then it's exactly that - her problem. She shouldn't have been presumptuous.
    You haven't assertively lied and said "yes I am Italian", you just haven't corrected her.
    It's totally up to you whether you do or not.
    But the GUM clinic does sound like a good idea...

(Original post by malleablegrace)
    How about "I'm really flattered you find me so attractive but my Italian charm is actually Pakistani :awesome:"
    If she has a problem with it then it's exactly that - her problem. She shouldn't have been presumptuous.
    You haven't assertively lied and said "yes I am Italian", you just haven't corrected her.
    Fair point re I didn't actually lie to her ...

But why is everyone telling me to go to the GUM clinic, I do belive in safe sex. Doesn't everyone these days?

Safe but lots of it ...

(Original post by MadJax)
    Don't really se why they are tbh, as long as you are both being safe, then no harm, no foul. Just two adults having fun
    Ya exactly ... We were both being safe and both consenting but still people seem to rather be in a relationship and having sex or single and have no fun at all ...

ReputationRep:
    Your sig says to ask you questions!

How many diffrent cities have been the capital of England?

ReputationRep:
    Fair point re I didn't actually lie to her ...

But why is everyone telling me to go to the GUM clinic, I do belive in safe sex. Doesn't everyone these days?

Safe but lots of it ...
    I don't think any of us were assuming you don't believe in safe sex, more the fact that she 'jumped' you which is the worrying part :p: and also if she just has sex with someone based on the fact that she finds their race attractive, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    Your sig says to ask you questions!

How many diffrent cities have been the capital of England?
    TWO.

Winchester and London.

Amirite? :p:

I may be wrong.

At this point in time it's 2:29am and I don't really care. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    she said she likes 'the italian look' which is what you have, so don't feel bad

ReputationRep:
    Why do you even care what she thinks? She's a one night stand, not your fiancee, let her believe what she wants to believe and don't beat yourself up over anything

ReputationRep:
    TWO.

Winchester and London.

Amirite? :p:

I may be wrong.

At this point in time it's 2:29am and I don't really care. :awesome:
    haha, I have no idea, I'm studying IT. :p:

Will google it later but I think it was:
    London
    Canterbury
    Winchester
    Chelmsford - I think this was for a about a month cause of a battle or something

Wow, I'm going to go do a pub quiz tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    haha, I have no idea, I'm studying IT. :p:

Will google it later but I think it was:
    London
    Canterbury
    Winchester
    Chelmsford - I think this was for a about a month cause of a battle or something

Wow, I'm going to go do a pub quiz tonight!

Actually, Chelmsford was the capital during Roman times

Colchester was where a majority of the roman army was based, wheras Chelmsford (or Caesaromagus - Marketplace of Ceaser) was the centre of trade and was where the nobles and officers were based during their invasion, so you're right, but not only for the duration of one battle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadJax)
    Actually, Chelmsford was the capital during Roman times

Colchester was where a majority of the roman army was based, wheras Chelmsford (or Caesaromagus - Marketplace of Ceaser) was the centre of trade and was where the nobles and officers were based during their invasion, so you're right, but not only for the duration of one battle
    We should do a TSR pub quiz!

No Google allowed for the answers, not sure how to police it though. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think her was her own fault for making the assumption. She can't really blame you for looking the way you do; if she cares that much about bedding an Italian guy she should have taken the time to learn your true nationality before jumping into bed with you.
    That said, I doubt she'll mind all that much - she was the one that did the "jumping" not you

ReputationRep:
    You're obviously going to hell, God hates everybody who lies.

(Original post by BossManSingh)
    You're obviously going to hell, God hates everybody who lies.

(Original post by The Socialite)
    Why do you even care what she thinks? She's a one night stand, not your fiancee, let her believe what she wants to believe and don't beat yourself up over anything
    Not sure why I was bothered at the time, am ok with it now. As everyone is saying, she did the picking and I didn't lie to her in order to sleep with her.

I guess it's because I haven't really done the 1 night stand thing ... I've done the "short relationship" thing so maybe I was just thinking of it in the wrong context ...

ReputationRep:
    whats with all these people hating on the girl?

its either girl who wish they could do that, but don't want to be branded how they are branding her,
    or
    guys that would love to be in that situation but hardly ever do, and say that the girls are sluts.

It's just a bit of sex get over it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.