The Student Room Group
No I wouldn't. There are plenty of practice questions and stuff on the internet a lot of which you might find for free. Also just practice IQ type tests and just keep your brain thinking on its feet. In theory though practice should make no difference. It is an aptitude test after all
Reply 2
I would if I were doing it again, pile on the practice questions too.
sort of what I might be doing now, if my grades arent good enough
Reply 4
I guess it wouldn't do any harm.
Reply 5
If you don't do so well it will just freak you out. I wouldn't bother, the cost alone isn't worth it.
Reply 6
marshey
If you don't do so well it will just freak you out. I wouldn't bother, the cost alone isn't worth it.

Why would it freak you out if you know you've got a year left to practice? :s-smilie:
Reply 7
It will probably be a better use of your money than paying to go on a course about them. That said, it is still a year away so it's debatable how much you'd actually gain from the experience.
Reply 8
Jonty99
Why would it freak you out if you know you've got a year left to practice? :s-smilie:

It's an aptitude test, you can't practise it to improve your score.

(I would dispute whether that's totally true, but still, you get my point)
Reply 9
marshey
It's an aptitude test, you can't practise it to improve your score.

(I would dispute whether that's totally true, but still, you get my point)

Well yeah to an extent. But I'd say you can definitely improve with practice (especially BMAT when there's stuff you can revise).
Jonty99
Well yeah to an extent. But I'd say you can definitely improve with practice (especially BMAT when there's stuff you can revise).

Just out of curiosity, how many have you sat to come to this conclusion?
jonnyofengland
Just out of curiosity, how many have you sat to come to this conclusion?

None, as I assume you know.

However surely it's pretty obvious preparation helps a bit for the BMAT. I looked at the example questions in the preparation book I've got. Some require knowledge of equations. I do not know these equations. When I take some time out, practice and learn these equations, I will be able to answer the question better.
Jonty99
None, as I assume you know.

However surely it's pretty obvious preparation helps a bit for the BMAT. I looked at the example questions in the preparation book I've got. Some require knowledge of equations. I do not know these equations. When I take some time out, practice and learn these equations, I will be able to answer the question better.

In my opinion you're right, but it seems slightly bizarre to be able to confidently make such definite statements if you've never even sat the exam.
Reply 13
On a side note: when do you take it for the final time? The year of your application? Or the one before?

Latest

Trending

Trending