Turn on thread page Beta

Do you ever get over ex's? watch

ReputationRep:
    it always takes time, but yeah.. i reckon you will always 'get over' them

ReputationRep:
    i havent..she became my **** buddy... but shes in arelationship now so it had to stop..

Took me a while, but i have trust issues

ReputationRep:
    Meh, its been just over 8 months since my gf died now and I'm not really over her fully. But I've got over all my previous exes.

ReputationRep:
    I have a really bad feeling that I'll never get over my ex from 2 years ago. And that sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veil of Maya)
    Yeh, you get over them.

I'm over mine, as far as I know. We just meet and talk as friends now.

Its the people you never got to be with that are the complete pains in t'arse.
    I agree with this, but this latter part especially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    The only reason I'm completely over all of my exes, is that I found a guy that I love. Before I met him I struggled deeply with jealousy, desire and regret concerning my exes, but that's all melted away now and I feel much more well disposed to all of them.
    Hmm, I hope I meet a new guy and feel like this one day soon! :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    i dont think love ever ever goes away, so if you loved somebody once then you always will. so any of my ex's that i've been in love with, i will always love.. i just don't want to be with them anymore, so i guess im over them. (:

(Original post by MadJax)
    You'll always harbor some feelings for those ex's you do care about, but it's the same with friends. You'd get the same feeling if your best friend moved to another country or something, it's all about connection with that person and you miss having them around

Sure, you'll gradually adjust and get over them, but some part of you will always care
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    I think that you will always miss them when you are in a bad patch! There are a few that you think "er, no" even when you're sad but there are always 2 or 3 that you think...well...if I had not stopped going out with them I wouldn't be feeling like THIS now. But you probably would.

I think these two are about right. Im over her as in can happily be mates, pleased for her new guy, dont really want to go out with her (but probs wouldnt say no if she asked). Alot of that is cos im going through a "bad patch" in a way, I hate being at home and it would be nice to have someone to cuddle after work! :p: We are really good mates and I care about her maybe too much at times, but only in a friendly way.

Anyway... good to know im not going mad and everyone feels at least a little way the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Meh, its been just over 8 months since my gf died now and I'm not really over her fully. But I've got over all my previous exes.
    I'm so sorry I can't imagine how that feels.
    My friend quite recently lost her boyfriend in an accident, it was awful.

ReputationRep:
    Mmhmm, yeah. Finding someone else can be a very effective way of quickening the process

Smashing things works too though, of course.

I've never had to get over ex's really. I've always been completely not bothered about break-ups. I went out with someone for 2 years and when we ended I just shrugged and was over it in about a minute.

Saying that though, I have just broken up with someone and it's going to take me a long while to get over him, despite not being "in love" with him or anything.

I think the difference is, is that with all of my previous ex's, I have remained friends with them - extremely close friends, tbh. But this one, I can't be friends with.

Yes, I have just now. We went out for over a year and about an hour ago I just found out he has a new girlfriend and get this.... SHES 15. And to make matters worse, we broke up a week ago. I pity the ******* ****

I just found out recently that my ex, still wasn't over his ex when me and him were a couple :-( (they were together 2 years and have been broken up a year now). It hurts to know when i was with my boyfriend he was still caught up in the past and thinking og his ex..

For him, even a year later, and hes still not over her. So sometimes it does take a very long time to get over your ex.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get over my ex/first boyfriend til I found someone else who I had real proper feelings for, nor did he get over me. I think moving on is probably the key, although I moved on to somebody else RIGHT after him and still had feelings for him, it was all a bit messy, but I think I just had too much emotional baggage :p: weirdly I still think about the guy I got with right after my first boyfriend, maybe there just wasn't enough closure there or something. I don't think it's impossible at all, though. My boyfriend doesn't have any feelings left for the girl he used to be hideously in love with- and I reckon that's true since he told me so when we were just friends.

Saying that, it might depend on the person. I have a friend who's never really got over her last two exes at all.

ReputationRep:
    You will get over them it just takes some time, for me as time passes I think of them less until I am just happy being me again and feel ready for another relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veil of Maya)
    Yeh, you get over them.

I'm over mine, as far as I know. We just meet and talk as friends now.

Its the people you never got to be with that are the complete pains in t'arse.
    This exactly.

I don't think i ever will.

Was with someone for over 3 years, but it just didn't feel right in the end, so I had to end it. Didn't speak for over a year, i had a short relationship and am now with someone who's lovely for nearly a year so far. My ex and I got talking again after that over msn and met up 3 times in the last 2 years, and each time i come home crying because i miss him so so much. I don't think it's fair on the guy im seeing, but i know my ex and i couldn't be together again, but i just cant stop the damn feelings still being there. The thought of him with another girl tears me apart, which is completely hypocritical as i've been with other people.

I feel terrible when the guy i'm with tells me he loves me, and i just dont feel it back.. after more than a year now. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't think i ever will.

Was with someone for over 3 years, but it just didn't feel right in the end, so I had to end it. Didn't speak for over a year, i had a short relationship and am now with someone who's lovely for nearly a year so far. My ex and I got talking again after that over msn and met up 3 times in the last 2 years, and each time i come home crying because i miss him so so much. I don't think it's fair on the guy im seeing, but i know my ex and i couldn't be together again, but i just cant stop the damn feelings still being there. The thought of him with another girl tears me apart, which is completely hypocritical as i've been with other people.

I feel terrible when the guy i'm with tells me he loves me, and i just dont feel it back.. after more than a year now. Meh.
    dump him then! its hardly nice to go out with someone who loves u when ur just using him to get over someone else

ReputationRep:
    Sleep around

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.