Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do you revise for english lang/lit?

There doesn't seem to be any after what ive read. Just that the more you revise for it the worse it gets!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tribi18)
    How do you revise for english lang/lit?

There doesn't seem to be any after what ive read. Just that the more you revise for it the worse it gets!?
    Well here's how I will revise when I get closer to my A2:

read the texts again (so have to start revision early to fit this in)
    sort out all notes (if not already done so) into character profiles and thematically grouped pages.
    try to remember important quotes, preferably some that can be used for more than one character and some that cover themes as well as character.
    post its around the place to remember quotes & contextual details.
    and i'm not sure if a teacher would recommend it but last year I watched the video of taming of the shrew again a couple of days before the exam & it worked a treat for clarifying the plot and everything and also i remembered some good quotes.

thats' what I'll do for the play.. as for the poetry, we've not covered it yet but I imagine it will be more notes based rather than remembering, as we can take the book into the exam ~ so will have to make sure that my book has comprehensive notes inside and that i know what poems go with what poems if i have to do a comparison paper.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    xx

ReputationRep:
    are you both doing lang/lit a2 or as? I'm doin the a2 now and am doing antony and cleopatra and translations. you doing the same? dearyxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionah)
    Well here's how I will revise when I get closer to my A2:

read the texts again (so have to start revision early to fit this in)
    sort out all notes (if not already done so) into character profiles and thematically grouped pages.
    try to remember important quotes, preferably some that can be used for more than one character and some that cover themes as well as character.
    post its around the place to remember quotes & contextual details.
    and i'm not sure if a teacher would recommend it but last year I watched the video of taming of the shrew again a couple of days before the exam & it worked a treat for clarifying the plot and everything and also i remembered some good quotes.

thats' what I'll do for the play.. as for the poetry, we've not covered it yet but I imagine it will be more notes based rather than remembering, as we can take the book into the exam ~ so will have to make sure that my book has comprehensive notes inside and that i know what poems go with what poems if i have to do a comparison paper.

As above, but also try to read some critical essays on your texts (should be some in your school library). York notes are brilliant for helping to catagorise your ideas.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.