Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What UK political issues are British Muslims concerned about? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Yes, Muslims control the government, move over Jews.:rolleyes:
    Who said that Muslims 'control' the government? I have a suggestion: why don't you stop trying to be smart and actually read comments made by others before responding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJay)
    Actually, there are far more 'Nah bruvz, Christianity is well dumb and Islam is like the best relgion in the world, innit' threads.
    So true.

Look what just popped up:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=983305

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJay)
    Who said that Muslims 'control' the government? I have a suggestion: why don't you stop trying to be smart and actually read comments made by others before responding.
    I have three suggestions:

1) Learn to take a joke.

2) If a poster makes a joke, don't assume they haven't read the post.

3) Get a clue about the actual situation before you post nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Learn to take a joke.
    I will.

If a poster makes a joke, don't assume they haven't read the post.
    I thought you were being serious. I did not say that Muslims 'control' the UK government; I just believe that certain Muslims and Muslim organisations (e.g. the MCB) wield a strong influence over this government e.g. the role of Lord Ahmad (and others) in the British governments decision to ban Geert Wilders from entering the country. However, this does not mean that they control the government.

Similarly, gay rights organisation, Stonewall, also has a powerful influence over this government; however, that doesn't mean that gay people control the government.

Get a clue about the actual situation before you post nonsense.
    There was nothing nonsensical about my post.

ReputationRep:
    Muslims are the new Jews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJay)

I thought you were being serious. I did not say that Muslims 'control' the UK government; I just believe that certain Muslims and Muslim organisations (e.g. the MCB) wield a strong influence over this government e.g. the role of Lord Ahmad (and others) in the British governments decision to ban Geert Wilders from entering the country. However, this does not mean that they control the government.

Similarly, gay rights organisation, Stonewall, also has a powerful influence over this government; however, that doesn't mean that gay people control the government.

Muslim influence on the governemnt is little to none. MCB is just an advisary group holding no power and very little influence over the government. And Lord Ahmad is just one person hardly going to change government policy.

(Original post by EmJay)
    There was nothing nonsensical about my post.
    Uhh yes there was. Firstly, you assumed that Muslims have strong influence over governemnt. Then you assumed that Muslims are using this supposed influence to shut down the BNP. And lastly, you implied that Muslims make up the bulk of opposition to the BNP. Wrong on all points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Ensuring their toilets don't face Mecca.
    :eek: You seemed to have a some concept of respect in the other thread.

ReputationRep:
    What impresses me is the implied influence Muslims have over the Church of England.

ReputationRep:
    I'm personally concerned with the same things that everyone else is except maybe a bit more at how some blatantly deluded hate preachers that speak of ‘blowing up Britain’ and the like are allowed to say here and make attempts to try and influence the Muslim youth and indoctrinate them into agreeing with their warped view of Islam is about i.e. Blowing up things.

ReputationRep:
    Muslim influence on the governemnt is little to none.
    Then how exactly do you explain the decision to ban Geert Wilders from the UK? Why have Muslim clerics who refer to gay people as a ‘disease’ and to Jews as ‘rats’ been allowed to enter into this country when Geert Wilders was banned?

MCB is just an advisary group holding no power and very little influence over the government.
    What about the role the MCB in the introduction of the Incitement to Religious Hatred Act or the Forced Marriages Act?

And Lord Ahmad is just one person hardly going to change government policy.
    He was the one that demanded Wilders be banned.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...Ahmed_was_not/

You assumed that Muslims have strong influence over governemnt.
    Answer the points above.

Then you assumed that Muslims are using this supposed influence to shut down the BNP.
    Well just look at the decision to ban Geert Wilders.

you implied that Muslims make up the bulk of opposition to the BNP. Wrong on all points.
    Where did I say that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huw Davies)
    What impresses me is the implied influence Muslims have over the Church of England.
    I did not imply such a thing in my post. Some people have been arguing that Muslims are worried about the BNP and I just pointed out that the British National Party is facing great discrimination and isolation and are therefore not much of a threat to Muslims in the current climate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJay)
    Then how exactly do you explain the decision to ban Geert Wilders from the UK? Why have Muslim clerics who refer to gay people as a ‘disease’ and to Jews as ‘rats’ been allowed to enter into this country when Geert Wilders was banned?
    Rules change and everyone knows that this whole banning people from entry is arbitrary and a joke.

Also, why are we talking about Geert Wilders, I thought you were refering to some important government policy regarding the BNP.

(Original post by EmJay)
    What about the role the MCB in the introduction of the Incitement to Religious Hatred Act or the Forced Marriages Act?
    What was their role exactly? The government mght have taken advice but that doesn't mean that Muslims have any serious influence on governemnt. Because the governemnt can chose to ignore this advice.

(Original post by EmJay)
    He was the one that demanded Wilders be banned.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...Ahmed_was_not/
    Yes and the governemnt bowed down and listened to every word Lord Ahmad said? No. He's a nobody in terms of governemnt policy.

(Original post by EmJay)
    Where did I say that?
    Well when you mention Muslims right after government measures against the BNP whilst failing to mention groups like UAF (who's main purpose is to campign for policy against the BNP), it becomes obvious where you stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Am Jacks...)
    I have no doubt that this thread is started by some anti-british weak left-wing prick...
    I'm glad you think so.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.